Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
FracPad 1.10 is available :
- Adds Performance Mode : Create Sets and songs with their associated preset/scene/tempo and use it like a song manager in live situation !
- Fixes Save To
- Adds AxeChange window scrolling ability for small screens or long descriptions
- Fixes grid blocks moves
- Fixes preset searchs
- Handles firmware files
- Fixes startup crash when no network available
- Fixes clicks on grid links
- Adds FracPad update notification on Windows/Mac/Android

Fantastic. Eager to use the Performance Mode. It's been holding me back using the AX8 live. I've bought and downloaded FracPad on an Ipad, but still waiting the connection hardware. At present I cant connect to the AX8, but when I do I presume all I do is update the software, or is it more complicated?
Thanks

Fantastic. Eager to use the Performance Mode. It's been holding me back using the AX8 live. I've bought and downloaded FracPad on an Ipad, but still waiting the connection hardware. At present I cant connect to the AX8, but when I do I presume all I do is update the software, or is it more complicated?
Thanks
Nothing more.
If you plan using the Yamaha UD-BT01, you'll have to install midimittr app though

Nothing more.
If you plan using the Yamaha UD-BT01, you'll have to install midimittr app though
I 'm leaving the Bluetooth free as I have to run the QU16 app with it, (or the Max H9), so I'm going to start by using the Camera Adaptor, lightning USB method into the AX8. Fingers crossed.
With my limited ability I may end up emailing my mother half way through the set..

I 'm leaving the Bluetooth free as I have to run the QU16 app with it, (or the Max H9), so I'm going to start by using the Camera Adaptor, lightning USB method into the AX8. Fingers crossed.
With my limited ability I may end up emailing my mother half way through the set..
Ok, it's straightforward

Al, are there any knows issues with respect to the compare function ? It failed multiple times for me (AX8 fw 8.0b, FracPad 1.10, reading back data from the AX8 if I recall correctly) and the one time it appeared to be successful it actually saved the preset (which was even worse).

No problems I'm aware of, at least on ios/win /mac. Some Android devices can loose some midi data...
Btw it can't save a preset, it gets original data and asks for a recall in order to get where the preset was before modifications. Then if you hit compare again it sends the original data back in the edit buffer without saving

Last edited:
Alex, I sent you a private email on this, but thought I'd mention it here just as a heads up to others. I just upgraded my Win10 system to the Creator's Update, and my device id changed - invalidating my Fracpad key. Although I'm not 100% sure it was the Windows update, others using Fracpad for Windows may want to beware before upgrading.

RR

I hate this creator's update, I get blue screens of death every 10 mins since install :(
Thanks for the info that will warn other win10 users !

AlGenadine,
The Fracpad is awesome. The Performance mode is exactly what I was looking for. I can now not only set the opening preset/scene for the next song, but work performance sets depending on which guitar I'm using as well. No more will I open the next number having forgotten to turn the Tremolo off. Thank you so much for this incredible tool.
Hugh

AlGenadine,
The Fracpad is awesome. The Performance mode is exactly what I was looking for. I can now not only set the opening preset/scene for the next song, but work performance sets depending on which guitar I'm using as well. No more will I open the next number having forgotten to turn the Tremolo off. Thank you so much for this incredible tool.
Hugh
Hey thanks :)
I was wondering if someone actually used it ^^
I'm happy if it solves problems for someone :)

It's a wonderful tool. I still use the Frac Edit quite a bit when I'm trying to find the right sound as I run into self imposed stress error when trying to change things during a set. I now find sounds for each song, rather than find a basic sound for the set. Then program further scenes on the AX8 if I need to vary the sound mid song.
So easy switching from Hendrix to the Who without stress. All I need now is to make sure my Ipad stays open the whole set rather than heading for sleep mode mid song (but that's my problem).
End result is that you have made the QAX8 a live tool for me, rather than just using it as a replacement for my Mesa Boogie Mk V.
Thank You

Not sure this thread is the best place to go for support but wondering if there is a list of known working configurations? (or point me in the right direction of asking this ?)

I picked up a Samsung OTG cable to give it a go with an old Galaxy Tab 3 but the app doesn't the the Axe. Not sure how to debug the darn thing so I figured I'd ask about known working configs.

Thanks in advance.

If the axefx doesn't appear in the midi devices list then the cable is probably bad. Try with another cable or another tablet to find the culprit.
There's also a log in the about window

If the axefx doesn't appear in the midi devices list then the cable is probably bad. Try with another cable or another tablet to find the culprit.
Not exactly helpful. I guess you could consider simply buying & trying random combinations of tablets and cable's as a "solution"...but it kinda goes against my sensibilities.

Not exactly helpful. I guess you could consider simply buying & trying random combinations of tablets and cable's as a "solution"...but it kinda goes against my sensibilities.
Trying another cable shouldn't be too hard. Chances are that you or someone you know has one or twelve spare USB cables to try. And I bet you could find someone with an Android tablet or phone.

Can you clarify the following?...
... but the app doesn't the the Axe.

I'm not saying you should buy and try things but get the free demo and try things... Android devices are very heterogeneous set and depending on things installed or other things i cannot help more without having the device in my hands...
So yes try another cable (that's the most possible cause from what you described but you still haven't answered my question to know if the axefx appears in the midi list or not...) and also see the logfile in about window when trying the demo

Back
Top Bottom