Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I am having a lot of issues. I went ahead and bought it anyway as I am determined to get it to work. At first I had to uninstall and reinstall it. I thought that fixed it. I changed presets once and all,was well but after that it quit. It would appear to change but would not pull the preset info. I am using my IPad Air with iOS 10.3 (maybe the issue). It seems like it keeps losing communication. If I unplug it and plug it back in it will not find the AX8. I need to restart the AX8 or reboot the Ipad. Then it does the same thing. I am still working on it. I won't give up. Lol

I am having a lot of issues. I went ahead and bought it anyway as I am determined to get it to work. At first I had to uninstall and reinstall it. I thought that fixed it. I changed presets once and all,was well but after that it quit. It would appear to change but would not pull the preset info. I am using my IPad Air with iOS 10.3 (maybe the issue). It seems like it keeps losing communication. If I unplug it and plug it back in it will not find the AX8. I need to restart the AX8 or reboot the Ipad. Then it does the same thing. I am still working on it. I won't give up. Lol
I'd need you to be clearer : reproduction scheme and better problem description ;)

Ok. I am going to try it again this evening and I will try to be exact in what I say. When you click to bring up the preset dialog should the names of the presets be showing? I just see the numbers. Then, when it works It will show the name in the editor. This is all very good work despite my current confusion. Most seem to have it working great and I imagine this took a TON of work to make.

Ok. I am going to try it again this evening and I will try to be exact in what I say. When you click to bring up the preset dialog should the names of the presets be showing? I just see the numbers. Then, when it works It will show the name in the editor. This is all very good work despite my current confusion. Most seem to have it working great and I imagine this took a TON of work to make.
It depends if you checked the poll preset names option...

Sorry if I'm asking something that has been posted but ; If I was going to go the Android wired route, is buying the USB adapter and OS 6.0 minimum all I need? My son owns an Android tab with OS 6.0.1 and I would like to test it on his before making any decisions. I was going to go iOS but it's an iPad 2 and I use it for Onsong while playing. So I'm considering buying an inexpensive Android tablet specifically for this purpose.

Sorry if I'm asking something that has been posted but ; If I was going to go the Android wired route, is buying the USB adapter and OS 6.0 minimum all I need? My son owns an Android tab with OS 6.0.1 and I would like to test it on his before making any decisions. I was going to go iOS but it's an iPad 2 and I use it for Onsong while playing. So I'm considering buying an inexpensive Android tablet specifically for this purpose.
You also need a USB cable to go from the adapter to your tablet.

Yes theorically.
But inexpensive things are often shit... Their android 6 sometimes don't embed midi libraries... Try with the demo first and see the fracpad_log.txt file in Downloads folder to know if the system midi library is present

Yes theorically.
But inexpensive things are often shit... Their android 6 sometimes don't embed midi libraries... Try with the demo first and see the fracpad_log.txt file in Downloads folder to know if the system midi library is present
My intention is to potentially buy something new for this so not sure how much I have to spend to go outside the "shit" zone.
If anyone can chime in and give me an idea that would be great.

It depends if you checked the poll preset names option...
I do have it checked. Everything starts fine. If I hit the tuner on the AX8 or in Fracpad the program quits responding and sometimes says it is Not supported oh this device.. The tuner does work, but nothing else will after that. I have to reboot the AX8 and restart Fracpad. It is a pain after that and takes a lot of restarts of one or the other tobgetvitvrecognized again.
If I do not use the tuner at all it will seem to work. Hitting the preset number brings up the preset box but only numbers are shown. Also anytime I use this method the patch changes on the AX8 but not in the Fracpad editor. If I just hit the up and down buttons things seem to work.

I have tried a couple reinstalls. As I am typing it just occurred to me that I still have Auria recording software on the iPad. I need to uninstall that as there may be a driver conflict. It uses the camera adapter as well.. If that does not do it I am going to fully charge the iPad and then Dina complete factory reset. I will install Fracpad first and see how it goes. If it works fine then I still reinstall the minimum I need and check after each install looking for a conflict.

It could be a flaky USB cable. That can cause the not-supported message.

I think I have another I can try, It works fine into a pc. Unless the camera adapter is flaky.
It could be either. I have a USB cable that works most of the time but pops that error once in a while.

It could be a flaky USB cable. That can cause the not-supported message.
+1 the not supported is not a FracPad message but an iOS message, it says your camera adapter is not working correctly. Is it an official Apple one ? I had similar problems with non-official adapter

My intention is to potentially buy something new for this so not sure how much I have to spend to go outside the "shit" zone.
If anyone can chime in and give me an idea that would be great.
Nexus work well, i haven't tested on something else.

+1 the not supported is not a FracPad message but an iOS message, it says your camera adapter is not working correctly. Is it an official Apple one ? I had similar problems with non-official adapter
I think it is. I am going to order another to see if that helps. I have more USB cables, I just have to find them. LOL. I just found another USB cable the other day but now I can't find it again...ha ha. I know I have a couple in the attic in my spare cable box. I just hate waiting until the new adapter gets here.

Debating on buying it for Android also. Not sure if I want to spend the cash yet. My tablet is iOS but my phone is Android. I tried iOS once with my iPad and an iPhone. I hated the iPhone and got rid of it in exactly one year. I like the iPad but I do not think the cost is,justified so I may go back to Android there.

Still trying to wrap my head around all this stuff.
Have done some research concerning the Android platform.
If I buy a tablet that does not support USB OTG - can I install software (custom kernel) that will give the tablet this functionality?

Get a tablet running Android 6.0.1 and you'll be good to go. I've gotten good results with the latest FracPad release and other levels of the OS but 6.0.1 is your best bet.

Just came across this, could something like this work without an adapter?
LGTablet_zpsugrvcebs.png

Back
Top Bottom