Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I got a US appstore account, but when I click on your link in the video for the Yamaha UD/MD Utility, the us App Store says" Item Not Available" I have also tried search in the US App Store for Yamaha, and find many Yama apps but I can't find the Utility.
Please advice what to do.
Works with my us account, are you sure yours is located in the us?
Otherwise contact Yamaha, it's their responsibility to put this tool in every appstore as their bt interfaces are available worldwide

This sound very strange to me. Can you Please write down what the app is called on the us App Store so I can try and search for it since your link does not work for me. I have tried to search for Yamaha Utility, Yamaha ud, Yamaha ud-mb . I tried to downloaded other yamaha apps and that works ok the us App Store. :)

Thanks Jeff Engler, now my us appstore acount found the app. For me the link on the video did´t work. :)
If other that live outside US have problems with downloading, I have a tip. Appstore US would not let me download it with a Us account because of my ip adress is Europe and not USA. I used cowermyass.com to let App Store see a Us ip address, then I was able to download the utility app. :)

I downloaded the full version of Fracpad, and it works great :)
I have some wishes that I hope will be done in the next fw. update on Fracpad. :)
The lower edit window in the Fracpad should have bigger fonts. It would be more ease to edit.
The size of the pots, switches and text is too small for me...
There are a lot of blank space that are not in use in the edit window, so I can't see any reason why not have bigger fonts on everything.
Second,the GEQ sliders the brown/orange color is hard to see against a white background.
A darker background as on the rotary pots would be great.
Third. When X/Y on the amp are switched by a footswitch on the AX8, the X/Y change on the Fracpad,
but not the settings of the rotary pots and switches. To get get access to that you have to switch amp X/Y on the fracpad.
For easy editing live, thats not practical. You would normally hit a footswitch and then do editing on the fracpad.
The Reverb and Delay blocks change settings on pots when hitting a X/Y footswitch on the AX8, and thats Great. :)
For me the Fracpad is a huge step up, because it has instant changes when you change preset, and not as much latency and timeglass waiting as on the AX8 edit with my Macbook Pro.
Thanks for a Fantastic product Al......

I downloaded the full version of Fracpad, and it works great :)
I have some wishes that I hope will be done in the next fw. update on Fracpad. :)
The lower edit window in the Fracpad should have bigger fonts. It would be more ease to edit.
The size of the pots, switches and text is too small for me...
There are a lot of blank space that are not in use in the edit window, so I can't see any reason why not have bigger fonts on everything.
Second,the GEQ sliders the brown/orange color is hard to see against a white background.
A darker background as on the rotary pots would be great.
Third. When X/Y on the amp are switched by a footswitch on the AX8, the X/Y change on the Fracpad,
but not the settings of the rotary pots and switches. To get get access to that you have to switch amp X/Y on the fracpad.
For easy editing live, thats not practical. You would normally hit a footswitch and then do editing on the fracpad.
The Reverb and Delay blocks change settings on pots when hitting a X/Y footswitch on the AX8, and thats Great. :)
For me the Fracpad is a huge step up, because it has instant changes when you change preset, and not as much latency and timeglass waiting as on the AX8 edit with my Macbook Pro.
Thanks for a Fantastic product Al......
Thanks mate, there's always room for improvement ;)

I have used fracpad a lot this weekend, and I like more than ax8 edit for fast editing.
One of the reasons for that is there are no latency/ Wait for Connection when switcing preset as on the AX8 edit,
and it possible to have more parameters up on the same screen withou to change pages.
Its very handy to have access to most of the parameters on one screen, all the basic parameters plus more in depth parameters.
AX8 edit is a great tool, but I get so frustrated with all the "waiting for conncetion" when changing preset, switching between X-Y etc..
I have one question. I have found the Function sw setup, but not sw 1-8.
Is it possible to configure the switches 1-8 on the AX8 from the fracpad ?

I have used fracpad a lot this weekend, and I like more than ax8 edit for fast editing.
One of the reasons for that is there are no latency/ Wait for Connection when switcing preset as on the AX8 edit,
and it possible to have more parameters up on the same screen withou to change pages.
Its very handy to have access to most of the parameters on one screen, all the basic parameters plus more in depth parameters.
AX8 edit is a great tool, but I get so frustrated with all the "waiting for conncetion" when changing preset, switching between X-Y etc..
I have one question. I have found the Function sw setup, but not sw 1-8.
Is it possible to configure the switches 1-8 on the AX8 from the fracpad ?
Thanks ;)
Not yet but it's on the todo list

Been loving FracPad for live performance stuff! I've been able to leave my MFC at home last few smaller gigs I've had thanks to the BigDisplayMode.

Couple additional requests
1)Be able to change size of the bigdisplay mode icons. Though haven't hit wrong one yet, if I only have a few blocks in a preset, being able to increase the size of each would be a benefit on stage.
2) a finger movement record for the 2d touch mode. Didn't realize how much I'd be using 2d touch mode but have been finding great use by using it as kinda quasi korg Kaoss pad. Being able to record a x/y movement and then be free to play while it repeats would super help.
3) import/export presets via cloud services like Dropbox/iCloud/onedrive. A convenient way around the iOS filesystem limited access.

Few heads up on what's coming in next version... I wanted to release now but, as Apple doesn't verify apps during the weekend, i'll have to wait for Monday...
Anyway here are some of the news in upcoming release :
- AX8 switches handling
- new preset names cache, so preset names read isn't needed on each start
- Something asked in the fas world for a very long time : a Compare function
- If finished, a scene naming function
- Many bug fixes

Hey Al, quick question can we see VU meters in FracPad? If so where I can't seem to find them. If not is it possible to code that in?

I got a US appstore account, but when I click on your link in the video for the Yamaha UD/MD Utility, the us App Store says" Item Not Available" I have also tried search in the US App Store for Yamaha, and find many Yama apps but I can't find the Utility.
Please advice what to do.
Hi, in the German shop it's listed as an iphone-app, not an ipad-app....

Back
Top Bottom