Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I got my MD-BT01 today, downloaded midimittr and FracPad for my iPhone, spent maybe 2-3 minutes installing everything, and viola! This is ridiculously awesome. Al, you are a magician!
Très bien fait!

But I'm already hooked on their crack...
Time to go to rehab ;) Trump seems to be an Android fan, that's something i like from him ^^

In-app purchase to unlock features or functionality. Have the app stop working after 5 minutes, etc. pending an IAP? Some companies like Rogue Amoeba will add white noise to recordings in their recording software after 1 minute of use until you IAP the full version. Or have a version that only lets you control TMB on the AMP block unless you IAP control of all blocks?

That's the way around it.
Yes but handling IAP is complicated, and i hate hate unneeded complication, that is another synonym of Apple ;)

I am a new AxeFX II user, and as of a few minutes ago, a new FracPad iOS user! Looks and runs great on my iPad. Does anyone think it's funny that the UI latency is better on FracPad than on the Mac running Axe-Edit (especially scrolling the preset list in Axe-Edit)? And my Mac is a brand new 2016 MacBook Pro with a f*cking Core i7 quad core processor. And a wired connection to the Axe. Whereas the iPad is going wireless over BT and has a much less beefy processor.

In other words, AlGrenadine, thanks for writing a very efficient app :)

Thanks, maybe you can do a video demo of that phenomenon, that would help a lot FracPad commercialy :)

I got my MD-BT01 today, downloaded midimittr and FracPad for my iPhone, spent maybe 2-3 minutes installing everything, and viola! This is ridiculously awesome. Al, you are a magician!
Très bien fait!

It's not just Apple, though this is egregious. You pretty much can't buy a commercial OS that doesn't take intrusive ownership of you and the developers.

Maybe you can create a Lite version that's trivially inexpensive?
Yes i'm gonna create a Lite version that will be free, and will just hide the Demo splash screen from Apple so that it only appears once the Axefx is connected... These dumb apple men will never see it as they even don't know what an axefx is...

FracPad 1.06 is available for iOS/Android/Windows, here is the changelog :

- Adds Scene names ! Eachs scene of each preset can have a name that is stored locally. Different fasDevices have different storage
- New Compare function : hit once, you get the preset sound that was saved earlier, hit again you get the currently edited sound.
- Presets and Cabs names are now cached, in a different storage for different fasDevices. This means you only have to read presets/cabs names once, so the app will start faster.
- Handles AX8 switches setting !
- Fixes linked mode with comboboxes/switches
- New option to display original values marks only if the current value is different
- Metronome state is displayed in Mode window
- Fixes grid links click (links between blocks)
- Handles original values independently in the X and Y parameter sets of a block
- Fixes large data transfers via BlueTooth
- Adds logfile direct view in the About window
- Android 7 compatibility fix

New Android/Windows free demos are available at http://www.e-junkie.com/fracpad

One nice thing about the Windows version: the ESC key works just like you'd hope it would, everywhere you'd hope it would. :)

Just having FracPad available on Windows is a welcome luxury. Now I've got that sweet FracPad feature set on my nice, comfortable laptop. :blush:

Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to copy/paste, for example amp settings, in fracpad? when holding the amp I get the shunt, different fx... etc, but cannot copy and paste... Thanks

Yes, use the block library. open the amp settings. at the top right of the parameters window you get a menu, there you can save current block in the library and further open a previously saved one...

Is there a reason why the windows version is much cheaper than the iOS and android versions? Is the windows version missing features from the ither versions?

Also, I tried the iOS demo version on my iPad mini 2 and it was really laggy and kept crashing. Is the mini 2 to old to run fracpad, or am I doing something wrong?

Is there a reason why the windows version is much cheaper than the iOS and android versions? Is the windows version missing features from the ither versions?

Also, I tried the iOS demo version on my iPad mini 2 and it was really laggy and kept crashing. Is the mini 2 to old to run fracpad, or am I doing something wrong?
The Windows version is the same, it's cheaper because there's less demand...
The iPad mini seems not powerful enough to run it, i still don't know why it doesn't run on it and i cant buy every apple device to try them ;) ... Recommended is ipad air2 or better

The iPad mini seems not powerful enough to run it, i still don't know why it doesn't run on it and i cant buy every apple device to try them ;) ... Recommended is ipad air2 or better
Ok, I'll just try it on my iPhone 7 plus and see how it is on there. Thanks!

Hmm, though I'm mostly using fracpad on my iPad Air 2, I've occasionally been using my iPad mini 2 & it's worked fine. Haven't hadn't any lags or crashes. I have a few hours to play with it this afternoon before some lessons I'm teaching, so i'll run it through its paces just to double check.

In Win version touch screen friendly?
I'm using a Windows tablet.
Using Axe Edit with my tablet and it works perfectly....except it wasn't designed for a touch screen.

Last edited:
Hmm, though I'm mostly using fracpad on my iPad Air 2, I've occasionally been using my iPad mini 2 & it's worked fine. Haven't hadn't any lags or crashes. I have a few hours to play with it this afternoon before some lessons I'm teaching, so i'll run it through its paces just to double check.
Oh yes please do. Maybe the problem is ipad mini 1 idk ;)

Gave it a hard test & can report FracPad with an iPad mini 2 are working perfect! In fact so much so that I'm going to be using that instead on my iPad Air 2 for my next few gigs. It was just the perfect size for live performance, especially now that I know that you can zoom those blocks out in bigdisplay mode. If you have both, seems ideal to use the bigger iPad for editing & the mini for performance. Am having a lot of fun with it :)

Two more requests since I've run into a few ideas while using it a bunch lately.
1) Related to my asking about being able to record x/y movement in 2d touch mode, a snap back to 0 after release option as well.
2) ITunes file sharing support. Seeing that you can save/load blocks & presets, it would be nice to just be able to just drag & drop my additional blocks/presets already created with axe-edit into iTunes & have them in FracPad all ready to go. Again support for loading through cloud storage like iCloud/Dropbox would be even better as I prefer staying wireless ;-)

Last edited:
Gave it a hard test & can report FracPad with an iPad mini 2 are working perfect! In fact so much so that I'm going to be using that instead on my iPad Air 2 for my next few gigs. It was just the perfect size for live performance, especially now that I know that you can zoom those blocks out in bigdisplay mode. If you have both, seems ideal to use the bigger iPad for editing & the mini for performance. Am having a lot of fun with it :)
Very strange, someone reported it didn't work on ipad mini 2...

Or maybe was it ipad mini 1?
@Tahoebrian5 ?

Last edited:

A new iPad Mini should run it just fine, but the Mini 2 is over three years old.

Back
Top Bottom