Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I really need to get my hands on the 2 yamaha bt01 devices.
Yep it´s an good idea because people hate wires and will need to charge their devices while using them.
With the Axe-Fx mark2 and Yamaha MD-BT01 everything looks great so far.
Before we get that "pedalboard mode :) " I found this small app called MidiPad where you can program anything you want midi to do. CCs, program changes and so. I use it to change scenes and few pedals on and off. Costs few euros. Needs that midimittr connection launched first. And works same time with FracPad.

Last edited:
Effects - So it's a bug than. I have two mixers in the list of effects but anytime I tap it they can't be selected. I have to check on computer (never used them) but I think there are no mixers as effects on ax8. May he I'm wrong.
Off line is pity, it may drastically improve learning curve for novice, they too hard on customers. Especially new as ax8 made it more affordable for wider audience.
4. Yes it's parameters.
The AX8 has mixer blocks for what i'm aware of.
Try to convince FAS that offline edit is a necessity and i'll make it ;)

The AX8 has mixer blocks for what i'm aware of.
Try to convince FAS that offline edit is a necessity and i'll make it ;)
Al, AX8 user manual, page 29, "Block Inventory". There are no Mixer As separate block listed. There are only output Mixer mentioned on the bottom of page only. In contrary AXFX II manual contain two mixer blocks - paragraph 5.18 page 76.
Your turn :)

Al, AX8 user manual, page 29, "Block Inventory". There are no Mixer As separate block listed. There are only output Mixer mentioned on the bottom of page only. In contrary AXFX II manual contain two mixer blocks - paragraph 5.18 page 76.
Your turn :)
Ok then it's also a bug in the wiki maybe, i'll check this out, thanks ;)

just bought the ios version, looking forward to be doing live gigs with the editor, was thinking a dedicated scenes screen could be usefull and save me buttons on the ax8 for stuff like effects,actually give me an effect on off screen on the ipad to, lol :)
great work Al, you deserve my cash dude :)

just bought the ios version, looking forward to be doing live gigs with the editor, was thinking a dedicated scenes screen could be usefull and save me buttons on the ax8 for stuff like effects,actually give me an effect on off screen on the ipad to, lol :)
great work Al, you deserve my cash dude :)
Thanks, something like that is in the works ;)

I have kept up with the whole thread from the beginning and I appreciate all the work that has gone into this, answering questions and taking requests too. I just want to confirm what I think has developed as the preferred hardware- the Yamaha MD-BT01 is working with the Axe-Fx 2 and ios devices, correct? Or at least the iPad? That would definitely be cool not to have to buy the lightning USB adapter and to be able to go wireless to the Axe without my laptop and iPad going so I'll be buying everything this week now that a clear choice has developed. I have to say that Al is giving us one of the things I have wanted most since I got the Axe- thanks man!.

I have kept up with the whole thread from the beginning and I appreciate all the work that has gone into this, answering questions and taking requests too. I just want to confirm what I think has developed as the preferred hardware- the Yamaha MD-BT01 is working with the Axe-Fx 2 and ios devices, correct? Or at least the iPad? That would definitely be cool not to have to buy the lightning USB adapter and to be able to go wireless to the Axe without my laptop and iPad going so I'll be buying everything this week now that a clear choice has developed. I have to say that Al is giving us one of the things I have wanted most since I got the Axe- thanks man!.
Correct.
I've tried to sum-up things in the op though ;)

Thanks! One thing I just realized- does this use both midi ports on the Axe? I will have to figure out a way to combine the midi cable with phantom power for my MMGT. Has anyone tried anything in particular?

Hope FAS gives a subforum and wishlist area for FracPad. In the meantime Al, if you have 2 minutes to clue in as to any improvements you're already thinking about implementing? Or you know, you could take a few days off lol. Just curious man

Thanks! One thing I just realized- does this use both midi ports on the Axe? I will have to figure out a way to combine the midi cable with phantom power for my MMGT. Has anyone tried anything in particular?
Yes both midi ports... You may need some midi splitter /merger

Hope FAS gives a subforum and wishlist area for FracPad. In the meantime Al, if you have 2 minutes to clue in as to any improvements you're already thinking about implementing? Or you know, you could take a few days off lol. Just curious man
The save to is done, the clear preset too, the parameters informations are being worked on...

Back
Top Bottom