Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
When I try to open in astro I get a message "No applications found for this file type." Chrome just says "Can't open file"
I don't know what is astro but just launch a file Explorer (or install one from the playstore) search for the apk in your download folder and launch it

Up and running now. Thanks for the help. Just so I'm clear because I've never used sideload applications in Android before, will updates install automatically now or will I have to manually download and install them?

Up and running now. Thanks for the help. Just so I'm clear because I've never used sideload applications in Android before, will updates install automatically now or will I have to manually download and install them?
No they won't, but i'll send a personal email to every Android buyer when updates will be available ;)

Update: I've installed midimttr and it recognizes the mi.1 interface but Fracpad crashes in the "requesting cab names" screen. Running iPad Pro, XL+ and Quicco Sound Mi.1 FYI. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and purtchase the Yamaha interface.
It crashes with Yamaha too, but when you open it second time it works all day.

Al, first feedback:
1. General - great
2. Bug: if I start patch from scratch on empty location I can't type the name of patch - name field inactive whatever tap I'm doing.
3. Wish: I've got that effect list is universal what ever device connected - it is misleading, better to limit it upon connection or let manually choose in settings.
4. Wish: slide modifiers reset - make it reset on double tap, same as circle modifiers, it'll make life a bit easier.
4. Wish: off line mode. Let the app operate w/o device, it help to save time for playing and sound adjustments while moving routine operations outside of rehersal time. For instance I can make dozen of patches while I'm in Metro and try them as I arrive in rehersal place.
5.Wish: make help mode- connect parts of axe user manual to specific parts of interface (effects, amps, settings etc) and allow to read it in case a user need explanation on specific setting.
In general : so far so good, very happy to use this great app. Thank you very much!

Al, first feedback:
1. General - great
2. Bug: if I start patch from scratch on empty location I can't type the name of patch - name field inactive whatever tap I'm doing.
3. Wish: I've got that effect list is universal what ever device connected - it is misleading, better to limit it upon connection or let manually choose in settings.
4. Wish: slide modifiers reset - make it reset on double tap, same as circle modifiers, it'll make life a bit easier.
4. Wish: off line mode. Let the app operate w/o device, it help to save time for playing and sound adjustments while moving routine operations outside of rehersal time. For instance I can make dozen of patches while I'm in Metro and try them as I arrive in rehersal place.
5.Wish: make help mode- connect parts of axe user manual to specific parts of interface (effects, amps, settings etc) and allow to read it in case a user need explanation on specific setting.
In general : so far so good, very happy to use this great app. Thank you very much!
Thanks Feodor,
The effects list is dependent on the device connected so i don't get what you mean.
For the 4th point i guess you're talking about slider parameters, not modifiers? Modifiers are links between controllers and parameters.
The offline mode won't happen, fas doesn't want it.
The help mode is already something on my todo list ;)

I know this is a bit OT but I have a RAC12 for my axefx that won't work on my ax8 (cos fractal are blocking sysex or something) - how about making a virtual RAC12 basic amp & fx control app that we can tweak both axefx and ax8 off an iPad on a mic stand? This would be more heat-of-battle control with large sliders / knobs / whatever than the axedit type GUI which is more suited to programming & deep editing. I'd say you could get good money for this though it may kill hardware RAC12 sales a bit...

I know this is a bit OT but I have a RAC12 for my axefx that won't work on my ax8 (cos fractal are blocking sysex or something) - how about making a virtual RAC12 basic amp & fx control app that we can tweak both axefx and ax8 off an iPad on a mic stand? This would be more heat-of-battle control with large sliders / knobs / whatever than the axedit type GUI which is more suited to programming & deep editing. I'd say you could get good money for this though it may kill hardware RAC12 sales a bit...
Isn't it what fracpad is?

Thanks Feodor,
The effects list is dependent on the device connected so i don't get what you mean.
For the 4th point i guess you're talking about slider parameters, not modifiers? Modifiers are links between controllers and parameters.
The offline mode won't happen, fas doesn't want it.
The help mode is already something on my todo list ;)
Effects - So it's a bug than. I have two mixers in the list of effects but anytime I tap it they can't be selected. I have to check on computer (never used them) but I think there are no mixers as effects on ax8. May he I'm wrong.
Off line is pity, it may drastically improve learning curve for novice, they too hard on customers. Especially new as ax8 made it more affordable for wider audience.
4. Yes it's parameters.

So is there a way to connect AX8 wirelessly to ipad or android and what gear do you need for that? Sorry if this was answered somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom