FM9 travel cases?

Anyone using a travel case they like? I was using a Pelican 1510 for my AX8, and the FM9 fits snug, no space for foam padding so need to upgrade.

Was looking into Pelican 1610 but its much bigger and not carry on size anymore.

Anyone got any good leads?

Did you look at Eylar cases? I just purchased a Pelican Vault V730 for housing both my FM9 and expression pedals (on two Temple boards) but found Eylar has a lot of options and similar construction.

I picked up one of these. It can hold a FM9 or a FC-12, a couple of Dunlop Mini expression pedals and cables.

GT-2412-GRY-1-df8e9e12d1d638a021ce37c8cbd913e8.jpeg

https://www.zzounds.com/item--GATGT...MIwvCvyZPl8wIVk4vICh1Uiwo8EAQYASABEgJgx_D_BwE

Anyone using a travel case they like? I was using a Pelican 1510 for my AX8, and the FM9 fits snug, no space for foam padding so need to upgrade.

Was looking into Pelican 1610 but its much bigger and not carry on size anymore.

What’d you end up with?? Big fan btw

What’d you end up with?? Big fan btw
Hey man!!! So, I kept the Pelican 1510 for local gigs... the FM9 fits real tight in there. I can fit foam under and over, and along the long sides, but the short sides literally fit snug against the pelican. It works for me though. I can also fit three expression pedals, and all the cables.

I also got the Pelican 1606 for travel. This one is bigger, so I actually use it as my "luggage" as well when I travel. I can fit the FM9 with the pedals and cables, and I can fit all my clothes in there.

Now my only issue is, I have probably bought like 14 locks since 2019 Airlines always remove the locks and never put them back. Drives me crazy! Haha.

I've flown with my FM9 in a Pelican Air 1535. It just fits width wise. Since it's carry on size I'm not to worried about it getting beat up because it's with me the whole time.

I recommend the Evergreen Seahorse 920. It is approx same size as the pelican at 24x16x10. The extra depth holds 2 EV-1s plus extras and I added the lid organizer mesh pockets. It also has wheels and rolls like luggage. I’ve flown with it across the country a few times.

C54E7557-B28B-4E9A-9781-D38FD00F6622.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I bought one of these for my AX8. Easily fits the AX8 and a pedal. Also has the knockout foam padding, so you can shape it to the FM9. At $73.23 CDN, it's a fraction of the cost of a Pelican case.

Looking at the dimensions of the FM9, it should easily fit in the case...with the foam padding.

View attachment 90760

https://canada.newark.com/duratool/22-24155/weatherproof-case-polymer-black/dp/83X6735
That's what I bought. It's about $15 less in American dollars.

It's hard to find most of these in Europe. The only music shop that Gator distributes to has that GT bag discontinued, and 25 week lead times on most everything else that might fit. Anyone have any recommendations for EU shoppers? Amazon has some, but I kind of loath them and there's quite a premium on the price. Cheers

I recommend the Evergreen Seahorse 920. It is approx same size as the pelican at 24x16x10. The extra depth holds 2 EV-1s plus extras and I added the lid organizer mesh pockets. It also has wheels and rolls like luggage. I’ve flown with it across the country a few times.

View attachment 114785
That’s an awesome case. The AirTag is a great idea as well. That’s essentially what I do although I don’t travel on a plane for gigs. But I use a hard luggage case with wheels. This just executes that idea better lol. was the mesh lining like an add on purchase or you added that all on your own?

That’s an awesome case. The AirTag is a great idea as well. That’s essentially what I do although I don’t travel on a plane for gigs. But I use a hard luggage case with wheels. This just executes that idea better lol. was the mesh lining like an add on purchase or you added that all on your own?
It was an add on purchase from the manufacturer, I think around $25. I scrwes into teh lid at the corners and has nice zippers.

Back
Top Bottom