FM9 travel cases?

I'm coming up on the waitlist soon, so I'm starting to look around for a case option for my (soon to have) FM9 and 2 EV1's. Been considering a Nanuk 985. I'm not currently gigging, so it would primarily be used for transport between the home studio and rehearsals. Thoughts?

nanuk-985-black-with-foam_e54823cd-5bbc-4217-8484-2a5ffacb0473_1800x1800.jpg

I bought the Pelican Vault for my pending FM9 purchase along with the Duo-34. It's awesome but won't be light.

Attachments

• JOE (3).jpeg
    JOE (3).jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 75
  • JOE (4).jpeg
    JOE (4).jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 72
Is there still room for an EV-1 with that bag? Any pictures with the FM9 inside it?
I can't post links yet, but there are pictures posted in the 'FM9 Case?' thread (p. 18). I actually just bought one, since I was looking for extreme portability around NYC for rehearsal rooms. I am using a Mono Tick attachment to my gig bag for an expression pedal (Mission).

Thought I'd post a quick update, since my Gator GK-2110 just arrived. The unit fits well, but loose. There are 2" to spare front-to-back, and slightly more than 1" left-to-right. I would not expect it to slide around while carrying it though, and the extra clearance leaves more space for some coiled cables.

The pouch fits my Furman AC-215A or Mission SP-1 easily (OR, not AND).

I would highly recommend replacing the included strap with something like this Op/Tech S.O.S. Curve Strap (also pictured here). I'd say it's a fine, lightweight bag with enough support to carry it from point A to B. I think it's fine for me to carry to/from rehearsal, but I might get a low-profile rolling hard case for bigger/busier gigs.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.17.06 PM.jpg

I'm thinking about buying a case from Thon. I need a space for at least 1 effect pedal, ideally 2.
So premade one "Thon Case Vox Tonelab SE" seems like may fit the unit with pedals. But need to check.
What's also important for me, and why I'm not going with all the suggested ones here, is that I don't want to take the FM9 out of the case when I'm playing. I just want to remove the lid. Thon cases are great because the bottom part doesn't have very tall sides. Actually has almost no sides and lies flat on the floor.

I'm thinking about buying a case from Thon. I need a space for at least 1 effect pedal, ideally 2.
So premade one "Thon Case Vox Tonelab SE" seems like may fit the unit with pedals. But need to check.
What's also important for me, and why I'm not going with all the suggested ones here, is that I don't want to take the FM9 out of the case when I'm playing. I just want to remove the lid. Thon cases are great because the bottom part doesn't have very tall sides. Actually has almost no sides and lies flat on the floor.
The Thon looks like a quality case. Please post pix if you get it. I have a similar case for my Helix. Because it’s always in the case, even when the top cover is off, my Helix is in mint condition even after playing tons of shows. I’d like to have something similar for FM9 with two EV-1’s on the side.

The Thon looks like a quality case. Please post pix if you get it. I have a similar case for my Helix. Because it’s always in the case, even when the top cover is off, my Helix is in mint condition even after playing tons of shows. I’d like to have something similar for FM9 with two EV-1’s on the side.
So I just wrote to Thomann directly for quotes. And they estimated the case. The custom case will cost around 260 EURO and will be manufactured in 3-5 weeks. So I guess it will be my way to go.

So I just wrote to Thomann directly for quotes. And they estimated the case. The custom case will cost around 260 EURO and will be manufactured in 3-5 weeks. So I guess it will be my way to go.
I ordered one from NSP Cases this morning. They're going to custom make one that will hold FM9 and two EV-1's. It's 205 Euro but since I live in the USA it's another 125 to ship it. It's still cheaper, and IMO, fits my needs better than the Gator Case option.

I ordered one from NSP Cases this morning. They're going to custom make one that will hold FM9 and two EV-1's. It's 205 Euro but since I live in the USA it's another 125 to ship it. It's still cheaper, and IMO, fits my needs better than the Gator Case option.
That's a good one. I'll check it too. Thank you!

So in the end I also ordered from them :) Let's see what I will get.
This was my "sketch" for the case. I'm such an artist :D

fm9-case.png

So in the end I also ordered from them :) Let's see what I will get.
This was my "sketch" for the case. I'm such an artist :D

View attachment 118163
Right on. I think your drawing looks great, Dude. That's more than I did. I just gave them some dimensions. I got notice about a week ago that is was going into production but I haven't received notice that it has shipped yet. I'm using the case they built for my Helix for the first time tonight. I'm taking my FM9 to my first gig tonight and debating if I should take my Helix just in case.

Good luck, mate! Have a great performance!
Thanks, Dude. It went great. I took my Helix, left it in the car, and never needed it. Once I receive my new case from NSP I can sell my Helix. I’m looking forward to getting the new case that will house the EV—1’s, as well. I have a feeling it’s not going to be light 536095A4-18C4-443F-B105-448E1ED2B125.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom