FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 1

When you reset the amps it resets the EQ, so possibly you're the cause ;)

Loading firmware doesn't change the EQ.
Sure, makes sense. First firmware update on a Fractal for me, chalk that one down as a lesson. It was actually a non issue, as I had my amps saved in my block library :cool:

Two things I have found.

First: My FM9 hung on initial boot this morning. The switches were initialized but the screen was blank, the unit was not responsive and FM9-edit was spinning on "communicating".

Almost certainly not firmware related as this has happened 4-5 times previously on various other firmware versions. As always, a reboot fixed it.

Second: I have been battling with a lot of noise with single coils for the last several days.

It's been driving me bonkers! After trying for some time to identify the source, I was not able to.

I finally had the thought to check the global AC Line Frequency setting... And it was set to 50Hz.

Changed it to 60Hz and wow! Like magic...

In hindsight, the noise issue has been happening since I loaded this firmware.

So, it appears this setting got changed during the update.

PSA: Check your AC Line Frequency setting if things seem noisier than normal!

Two things I have found.

First: My FM9 hung on initial boot this morning. The switches were initialized but the screen was blank, the unit was not responsive and FM9-edit was spinning on "communicating".

Almost certainly not firmware related as this has happened 4-5 times previously on various other firmware versions. As always, a reboot fixed it.

Second: I have been battling with a lot of noise with single coils for the last several days.

It's been driving me bonkers! After trying for some time to identify the source, I was not able to.

I finally had the thought to check the global AC Line Frequency setting... And it was set to 50Hz.

Changed it to 60Hz and wow! Like magic...

In hindsight, the noise issue has been happening since I loaded this firmware.

So, it appears this setting got changed during the update.

PSA: Check your AC Line Frequency setting if things seem noisier than normal!
I'm currently dealing with what seems like a ton more noise since this firmware update. On the plus side I'm loving this release. I'm not sure if it was my imagination but something in the previous firmware was feeling a little off for me but everything feels back in alignment with this beta. I just hadn't had time to dive into what I might have needed to tweak a bit and now I don't have to. I loaded this up before rehearsal a couple of days ago and everyone thought I was sounding great but also commented on the amount of noise I was getting. I did just check my line frequency after reading this and it is set correctly at 60hz. In my case it could be related to more noise on our power source at the rehearsal room as its heated up, we have an ac unit running, fans, etc. Gonna do more troubleshooting in my home studio to see if I am noticing more noise or not. Thanks for this post that was a good catch and I was hoping also my issue!

Update: After troubleshooting in my home studio I determined my problem is in our rehearsal studio and not from the firmware. Nice and quiet here so I've got a cabling, power, or some other ghosts at play there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom