FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 1

Nice, the 2x12 Stealth comes with the matching IR curve, as does the 4x12 Stealth.

Trying the 2x12 with the TX Star and enjoying it quite a bit....
:)

Ran the guitar volume up from 6 to 10 to get the full benefit of the moderately crunchy tone I have dialed up (had to reduce the Bass knob from 3.7 to 1.7 to get the lows dialed in a bit tighter), and the sustained growl from an open G chord (ok, Gb, since I tune to Eb) is interacting with the floor and making my feet tingle....

The preset, in case you want your feets to tingle, too....

:D

Last edited:
Guys I’m an idiot. Is there a changelog somewhere?
from PDF.. ;)

NEW FEATURES & UPDATES
• Two new DynaCab types added, 2x12 5153 Stealth and 4x12 5153 Stealth.
• Improved optical types in Tremolo block. Additionally, the LFO Type, Duty Cycle and Shape are now set to
the most appropriate values when selecting the Tremolo Type but may then be changed freely.
• Added “1x12 Friedman” speaker impedance curve to the amp block.
• Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when
driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).
Updated phase inverter parameters for many models.
• Improved cathode follower algorithm. This results in a more open and dynamic response for models that
use a cathode follower.
• Updated Plexi 100W and 1959SLP models. A soft reset of the Amp block is required to load the new values.

FIXES
• Cabinet Dyna-Cab Mic position default values updated to match Axe FX III. Double-click on mic position
controls in FM9-Edit now successfully resets to default.
• Fixed pops/clicks that could occur when changing Preamp Type in Cabinet block.
• Fixed pops/clicks when using Stack/Hold in Plex Delay.
• Fixed clicks and pops when adjusting the Rat Distortion drive level.
• Layout links will now execute properly for per-preset switches that change the current preset.
• Fixed stand-in switch Tap functions not working in some cases

from PDF.. ;)

NEW FEATURES & UPDATES
• Two new DynaCab types added, 2x12 5153 Stealth and 4x12 5153 Stealth.
• Improved optical types in Tremolo block. Additionally, the LFO Type, Duty Cycle and Shape are now set to
the most appropriate values when selecting the Tremolo Type but may then be changed freely.
• Added “1x12 Friedman” speaker impedance curve to the amp block.
• Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when
driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).
Updated phase inverter parameters for many models.
• Improved cathode follower algorithm. This results in a more open and dynamic response for models that
use a cathode follower.
• Updated Plexi 100W and 1959SLP models. A soft reset of the Amp block is required to load the new values.

FIXES
• Cabinet Dyna-Cab Mic position default values updated to match Axe FX III. Double-click on mic position
controls in FM9-Edit now successfully resets to default.
• Fixed pops/clicks that could occur when changing Preamp Type in Cabinet block.
• Fixed pops/clicks when using Stack/Hold in Plex Delay.
• Fixed clicks and pops when adjusting the Rat Distortion drive level.
• Layout links will now execute properly for per-preset switches that change the current preset.
• Fixed stand-in switch Tap functions not working in some cases

Soft Reset - Select another amp model and then re-select the one you are resetting

Last edited:
Thanks, Matt! I could have sworn I did something in the "Manage Presets" tool to resave all the presets under the Gapless switching Firmware. I just put my FM9 in the car as I have a rehearsal tonight, but I'll check it tomorrow!
Wasn’t it something like setting the OUT block volume to zero, and then opting to save for all presets?

Last edited:
I just got around to trying the new Firmware and DynaCabs tonight and for want of a better description, everything just sounds more ‘alive’ to my ears. I mean version 7.0 was already sounding great anyhow, but this definitely adds something extra.

I also seemed to spend less time dialling things in.

Thanks Fractal team!

Back
Top Bottom