FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

Is it me, or does the Deluxe's Vibrato channel now break up super early? With my humbucker equipped guitars, it's now breaking up at about 1.5 on the gain instead of about 3 like it used to. There's almost zero clean headroom.
What is the master at ?
I would say some of the amps might get a bit crunchier w humbuckers yes but I I just back off the input trim a notch or guitar volume and it cleans up

What is the master at ?
I would say some of the amps might get a bit crunchier w humbuckers yes but I I just back off the input trim a notch or guitar volume and it cleans up
10. It's a non-master volume amp. I should be able to get this up past 1.5 and still be clean with humbuckers. On a real Deluxe.

Question. I had no issues with FW 6.00. Installed FW7.00 and all the gapless switching is gone. Did the refresh after firmware. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Whoa. That was fast.

I've got a gig on Saturday. Do I risk updating before then? How much tweaking will I need to do on my existing presets?

Whoa. That was fast.

I've got a gig on Saturday. Do I risk updating before then? How much tweaking will I need to do on my existing presets?
I'm a new one year user BUT I trust all of the Fractal Audio stuff and have gigged on Beta's and new first run Firmware Updates without fail. \m/_

I'm a new one year user BUT I trust all of the Fractal Audio stuff and have gigged on Beta's and new first run Firmware Updates without fail. \m/_
Oh, I've done a ton of firmware updates (I'm both a FM3 and FM9 user with over 3 years experience) and totally trust their quality. I'm mostly concerned about how it will change my existing gig-ready presets. I've had a few cases where a firmware change resulted in some pretty significant changes to one of my presets. Often there may be changes in the relatively output level of a block (I had one experience where my rotary block bumped up a few dBs when engaged).

Since this update involves a completely new modeling engine, I'm expecting some noticeable differences in my presets and I'm going to need to do some tweaking. I usually like a few rehearsals after doing such changes to make sure everything sounds good in the band mix before actually gigging with it. I realized I probably won't have the time to do such testing before my next gig. Ultimately, I think I'll just update on Sunday after my gig.

Is the fm9_dyna_cabs_1p05.syx that is in the 7.0 zip folder the same as what was included in the beta zip folder?

Man I’m so in love with this update. Everything sounds fantastic. I updated an old preset of mine last night and threw a couple takes down on a track with some rough lyrics my buddy sent me. Spent about 45 mins. Just effortless to get great tones. The clean guitar is the band commander and the distorted tones are the green and purple channels of the Revv generator (albeit set with fairly low gain for this dad rock we make).

What a time to be alive! Thanks everyone at Fractal for making my favorite thing in forever.

https://on.soundcloud.com/V5AUacqqWYC1iaSF6

Man I’m so in love with this update. Everything sounds fantastic. I updated an old preset of mine last night and threw a couple takes down on a track with some rough lyrics my buddy sent me. Spent about 45 mins. Just effortless to get great tones. The clean guitar is the band commander and the distorted tones are the green and purple channels of the Revv generator (albeit set with fairly low gain for this dad rock we make).

What a time to be alive! Thanks everyone at Fractal for making my favorite thing in forever.

https://on.soundcloud.com/V5AUacqqWYC1iaSF6
Sounds great! What amp did you use for the clean guitar?

It depends on what amp models you use. Some had big changes to their sound and some had small changes.

I'd say to make a full backup, confirm you have the installation file for that firmware on your drive, then upgrade and listen to your presets and see how they sound to you over this week. If you want to revert for Saturday then reinstall the older firmware and restore your presets from the backups.

Back
Top Bottom