FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

@Randalljax "It’s pretty wild , I had a noise I could hear under the notes"

I had the same thing. Before the FM9 Turbo, I had an Axe III that was even noisier, so I sent it back. Several months went by, and the Turbo was released, so I decided to try out the FM9 T. It was still noisier, but it was quieter in my environment than the Axe III was. If my memory serves me correctly, around the time I purchased the FM9 T, there was an update to the noise gates.

Now the FM9 T is dead silent, I can't believe the improvement to the noise gate, but it's now perfect in my environment, and it sounds like in yours too.

Thank you to everyone involved in the development and testing of v7...it's awesome indeed; there is "a little something new" in v7 that wasn't there before; both in the feel and tone, absolutely.

Tonight I rehearsed with the FM9 and was jamming with some audio files at low-ish volumes and noticed that, even at the lower volume, there was a presence/immediacy that was not there before. I've played with audio files a million times with Fractal gear and quickly took note that this session was feeling/sounding/mixing a bit different then before.

And the release timing is perfect too; I have gigs this weekend and next and it's satisfying to have the official firmware loaded to go forward with.

Also very cool to see releases of Cygnus 3 for the III, FM9, and FM3 come so close together and have the platforms synced...fantastic job.

Thanks...as usual great update...Still have to try some things but some of my friends already told me about it and they are really happy with it...mostly the FM3 one's...

Wow..you were fast! Thank you for your hard work,thaank you to beta team you guys are great too..No One Like You FAS TEAM!

So I updated.
I did a quick recording of a random tone and then re amped it to see wha the difference was.
The amp model is a Brit Pre and there is a very slight addition of clarity in the new model to my ears.
I had to adjust the volume of corse.
I did this in cubase by zeroing meters and then letting the recording play.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.09.18.png

I do wish it was possible to just press a button and play and then have the preset leveled......but before you all cry at me, yes I know I can do it manually and it's not really that hard.

Just to be clear, I need to go and re-save all my preset now don't I?

Rookie question. I’ve updated FW7, all good. If I now update to latest presets, do i need to export any of my own presets first then upload again, or if i move them to blank presets at bottom of list, will they not be overwritten? Nervous about losing presets i’ve spent ages fiddling with!! Thanks.

Rookie question. I’ve updated FW7, all good. If I now update to latest presets, do i need to export any of my own presets first then upload again, or if i move them to blank presets at bottom of list, will they not be overwritten? Nervous about losing presets i’ve spent ages fiddling with!! Thanks.
If you've updated firmware then your presets are automatically updated on load

Is it me, or does the Deluxe's Vibrato channel now break up super early? With my humbucker equipped guitars, it's now breaking up at about 1.5 on the gain instead of about 3 like it used to. There's almost zero clean headroom.

@Randalljax "It’s pretty wild , I had a noise I could hear under the notes"

I had the same thing. Before the FM9 Turbo, I had an Axe III that was even noisier, so I sent it back. Several months went by, and the Turbo was released, so I decided to try out the FM9 T. It was still noisier, but it was quieter in my environment than the Axe III was. If my memory serves me correctly, around the time I purchased the FM9 T, there was an update to the noise gates.

Now the FM9 T is dead silent, I can't believe the improvement to the noise gate, but it's now perfect in my environment, and it sounds like in yours too.
I am not a golden ears guy but it is night and day for me
I can hear it in the new Leon Todd to , the noise that you would hear when playing was almost like a old fuzzy tv screen faintly in the background , listening to Leons demo even with the amp boost engaged I can’t hear it at all , it’s totally crystal clear , it amazing

Back
Top Bottom