FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

Great job !

Now my autistic side says the webpage has an typo .... no factory presets for version 6 ;-)
1713363139952.png

Oh, I've done a ton of firmware updates (I'm both a FM3 and FM9 user with over 3 years experience) and totally trust their quality. I'm mostly concerned about how it will change my existing gig-ready presets. I've had a few cases where a firmware change resulted in some pretty significant changes to one of my presets. Often there may be changes in the relatively output level of a block (I had one experience where my rotary block bumped up a few dBs when engaged).

Since this update involves a completely new modeling engine, I'm expecting some noticeable differences in my presets and I'm going to need to do some tweaking. I usually like a few rehearsals after doing such changes to make sure everything sounds good in the band mix before actually gigging with it. I realized I probably won't have the time to do such testing before my next gig. Ultimately, I think I'll just update on Sunday after my gig.
If I update to the newer firmware do I need to also re-download the newer presets for ver 7?

How about the stock presets? If I update to the new firmware do I also need to download all the newer stock presets for fw ver 7?
No. They haven’t changed. Well, let me say it differently… IIRC, the presets are the same as the previous ones except they got pre-processed to match the current firmware version which pulled in the amp parameter updates. It saves you time instead of doing a bulk update yourself, but then you have to reload them, so it might be a wash.

Beyond that, there were no changes to amps, effects or use of Dyna-Cabs.

Last edited:
If I update to the newer firmware do I need to also re-download the newer presets for ver 7?
I don't believe so. I understand that this FW includes all new factory presets (assuming that is what you are talking about) and those will be tailored to the new FW version.

I'm less clear about user presets. It sounds like there might be a process required to update amps in existing user presets, but I haven't gone through that yet.

How about the stock presets?
Presets are presets, the unit can’t tell the difference. If a preset hasn’t been loaded by the current firmware then it will apply the updated parameters. You can decide whether you want to save that preset to have the changes stored permanently.

I can hear & feel the difference. Yes you'll have check your presets for volume and other tweeks, but this update brings the unit even closer to a real amp. Thank you FAS team

No. They haven’t changed.
I'm confused, then why is there a new download called "Factory Presets ver 7"? If I update fw from 6 to 7, then the stock presets are automatically updated for the newer ver 7 or should I download the presets ver 7 to take advantage of the fw7? Sorry, don't mean to ask a stupid question just wanna be sure. TIA

I'm confused, then why is there a new download called "Factory Presets ver 7"? If I update fw from 6 to 7, then the stock presets are automatically updated for the newer ver 7 or should I download the presets ver 7 to take advantage of the fw7? Sorry, don't mean to ask a stupid question just wanna be sure. TIA
See my previous post.

If I update fw from 6 to 7, then the stock presets are automatically updated for the newer ver 7 or should I download the presets ver 7 to take advantage of the fw7?
“Automatically” is the key word and might be confusing.

When we switch to a preset it’s loaded and the parameters are “automatically” updated, and we can save it or choose not to.

Simply loading the firmware will not “automatically” sweep through all your presets and make the changes, that’d be really heavy-handed. We have to take an action, by saving it, to ensure the update is remembered.

Does that make more sense?

Reactions: Rex
Can anyone give any advice on how they like to dial in the Plexi 100 model? It’s still not working here for me with the new firmware. Very bottom heavy, muffled sounding compared to other amps that I’m finding sound great. So starting at preset 9 Plexi 100 High, where would you go from there to get this thing sounding like a nice open, ripping Plexi?

I'm not expert but for most amps that sound to loose and flubby:

Go into the amp block and then input eq. Crank the low cut up to around 750hz. Then back it off until you get the lowend feel/sound you want. I personally do this at stock settings then tweak but it with sounds you've already dialed also.

“Automatically” is the key word and might be confusing.

When we switch to a preset it’s loaded and the parameters are “automatically” updated, and we can save it or choose not to.

Simply loading the firmware will not “automatically” sweep through all your presets and make the changes, that’d be really heavy-handed. We have to take an action, by saving it, to ensure the update is remembered.

Does that make more sense?
I "think" I understand. So if I update to fw ver 7, then pick an existing "stock" preset - it will have the fw ver 7 changes applied automatically BUT I'd have to SAVE it to keep the updated changes? So if I update to fw 7 - each time I select a stock preset the fw7 changes are applied, but I'd have to manually save it to keep the changes? So in that scenario if I update to fm ver7, select a preset but change to another preset WITHOUT saving it but then go back into it, the preset will now NOT have the fw ver7 changes applied to it? Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. If that's the case and after I update to fw ver7 and I have to manually save each and every preset to keep the ver7 changes, then it might be in my best interest to just download the new presets that were made for fw ver 7, this way ALL the stock presets are updated to the fw ver 7 settings and they are all saved in one shot vs. having to manually save each and every one. I'm hoping I'm understanding that correctly. Thx again, appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom