FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have written: it’s a beta. If you can’t handle the consequences of that, don’t take part in the beta process.
not really in agreement with this statement but I won't beta anymore. I would expect that the code is fully functional when sent to public beta with maybe some new features needing to be tweaked. Having lock ups and an editor that is non-responsive is laughable.

not really in agreement with this statement but I won't beta anymore. I would expect that the code is fully functional when sent to public beta with maybe some new features needing to be tweaked. Having lock ups and an editor that is non-responsive is laughable.

Clearly you don't understand what "beta software" means...

Testing with a wider audience in a public beta stage is going to reveal problems that the pre-release beta testers did not encounter. especially with a release that implements this many new features. Lockups, potentially corrupt presets, functions not operating properly, etc.. are all normal parts of the beta testing process.

Clearly you don't understand what "beta software" means...

Testing with a wider audience in a public beta stage is going to reveal problems that the pre-release beta testers did not encounter. especially with a release that implements this many new features. Lockups, potentially corrupt presets, functions not operating properly, etc.. are all normal parts of the beta testing process.
Clearly I do. I'm actually in the banking industry in software development and we would never publicly release beta software to our beta partners that was this unreliable.

Is anyone else having issues with the tuner lagging? After installing the 2.0 beta, the tuner has been very slow. I first noticed the issue on a CPU-heavy preset, but the issue persisted after switching to an empty preset and restarting the FM9.

Is anyone else having issues with the tuner lagging? After installing the 2.0 beta, the tuner has been very slow. I first noticed the issue on a CPU-heavy preset, but the issue persisted after switching to an empty preset and restarting the FM9.
In the editor or on the FM9 itself?

I’m experiencing the same. My tuner on the unit is very laggy, to the point where I can’t tell if I’m in tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom