FM9-Edit 1.02.03

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM9-Edit 1.02.03 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9-edit/

Please note: When initiating the Auto-updating from 1.02.02 the Update dialog will display a black bar across the top. This is related to the edit box color bug in the Setlist dialog and will be fixed when upgrading to 1.02.03 or newer. Simply select OK under the Release Notes and continue as usual.

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.02.03
August 21, 2023

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 5.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

• Corrected the edit box colors in the "Manage the Setlists and Songs" view.
  • Corrected the "Swap" functionality in the dropdown menu of Scene Manager.
  • Removed "Unlink All Blocks from Global" from the Preset menu.

Will this also correct the crashing of the program when the FM9 is disconnected or when trying to save a preset + cab bundle?

Whenever I turn off or disconnect my FM9, the program closes/crashes. Other have reported it too;
It helps if you specify your computer hardware, the OS and its version. If it’s Windows, what versions are the USB and Fractal drivers? And, can you duplicate the problem at will or is it randomly occurring?

If you specified that information previously then a link to the post would help.

Hi Michael, I have been having issues with getting FM-9 Edit v1.02.02 to work properly with my Win 7 32-bit laptop and the FM-9 unit. I realize it is an older operating system, but it has been working fine with v1.01.08 until I downloaded the new editor. I've posted about it on the FM-9 Edit forum site.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-02-02.197484/

Just trying to figure out why the sudden trouble. All of the USB and fractal drivers are up-to-date.

It helps if you specify your computer hardware, the OS and its version. If it’s Windows, what versions are the USB and Fractal drivers? And, can you duplicate the problem at will or is it randomly occurring?

If you specified that information previously then a link to the post would help.

Hi,

I've just updated to FM9 Edit firmware 1.02.03 and the FM9 itself still has version 5.0. I am using Windows 10 Pro OS build 19045.3208.
The FM9 USB Audio Device Control Panel says I am on revision v1.01 (on the info tab) and version 5.50.0 (on the About tab [driver info]).

I still have the following 2 issues:

• when exporting a preset + cab bundle, FM9 Edit crashes (closes unexpectedly);
  • when opening Fractal Bot, I cannot select an input or output port under 1) select your device, nor can I switch between Send / Receive mode;

Turning off my FM9 no longer crashes/closes FM9 edit, so that seems to be fixed with the new version of FM9 Edit.

Hi Michael, I have been having issues with getting FM-9 Edit v1.02.02 to work properly with my Win 7 32-bit laptop and the FM-9 unit. I realize it is an older operating system, but it has been working fine with v1.01.08 until I downloaded the new editor. I've posted about it on the FM-9 Edit forum site.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-02-02.197484/

Just trying to figure out why the sudden trouble. All of the USB and fractal drivers are up-to-date.
Just to rule out the possible, be sure that you select the Win 7 32-bit version of FM9-Edit rather than the 64-bit. It's located within the linked download page from this thread's original post. Also, see the instructions in the same paragraph in case you receive an error code.

I'm also having the crash on disconnect issue. Windows 10. USB driver is 5.50.0. It happens every time.

Both 32 and 64-bit versions are crashing for me.

Just to rule out the possible, be sure that you select the Win 7 32-bit version of FM9-Edit rather than the 64-bit. It's located within the linked download page from this thread's original post. Also, see the instructions in the same paragraph in case you receive an error code.
Definitely selected the 32-bit link. Maybe I should think about Win 10. LOL

Definitely selected the 32-bit link. Maybe I should think about Win 10. LOL
It might be time. Owning an older model Win 7 32-bit machine may be seen as frugal, but somewhere along the line the tech will no longer be supported and obsolete. If money were an issue, even a refurbed more recent model might be the ticket...at least the 64-bit model may not be that calamity you've got now...

I'm also having the crash on disconnect issue. Windows 10. USB driver is 5.50.0. It happens every time.

Both 32 and 64-bit versions are crashing for me.
Are you using firmware 1.02.03? When I updated from .02 to .03 it resolved this issue.

Are you using firmware 1.02.03? When I updated from .02 to .03 it resolved this issue.
Which firmware are you referring to? I'm on FM9-Edit 1.02.03, if that's what you mean, though I had the same issue on the previous .02 as well. I didn't have it before then.

Which firmware are you referring to? I'm on FM9-Edit 1.02.03, if that's what you mean, though I had the same issue on the previous .02 as well. I didn't have it before then.
I was refering to FM9 Edit. OK. So updating it resolved the crashing when disconnecting the FM9 on my laptop, but not on yours...

@Michael Pickens I reported this bug in the previous version as well, and even in the version before that, but it doesn't seem to have been resolved:
When you move the position of one cabinet microphone, the other one moves randomly without any apparent reason.

FM9 Turbo fw.5.00
FM9 Edit 1.02.03
RANF? Yes.
MacOS 13.4.1 Ventura

@Michael Pickens I reported this bug in the previous version as well, and even in the version before that, but it doesn't seem to have been resolved:
When you move the position of one cabinet microphone, the other one moves randomly without any apparent reason.

FM9 Turbo fw.5.00
FM9 Edit 1.02.03
RANF? Yes.
MacOS 13.4.1 Ventura

Same here I get the same thing

SOLVED: My issues with FM-9 Edit v1.02.03 have been solved. I upgraded my OS to Win 10 and everything worked as expected. Kudos to the forum and to Fractal Support Team members Matt and Ian. They went above and beyond in looking for a solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom