FM9-Edit 1.02.03

@Michael Pickens I reported this bug in the previous version as well, and even in the version before that, but it doesn't seem to have been resolved:
When you move the position of one cabinet microphone, the other one moves randomly without any apparent reason.

FM9 Turbo fw.5.00
FM9 Edit 1.02.03
RANF? Yes.
MacOS 13.4.1 Ventura

Fixed for next release.

Hello everyone..

My FM9T arrived today. I checked I have FM 5.01 on it.
I am running FM9Edit 1.03.05 on it.
I am running the 64 bit version.
I own windows:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎10
OS build 19045.3570
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0

But when I launch Fm9 edit even though my USB is connected it says disconnected! :(

Any advice appreciated.

Dsouza

Hello everyone..

My FM9T arrived today. I checked I have FM 5.01 on it.
I am running the 64 bit version.
I own windows:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎10
OS build 19045.3570
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0

But when I launch Fm9 edit even though my USB is connected it says disconnected! :(

Any advice appreciated.

Dsouza
Have you installed the Windows driver for FM9?

Have you installed the Windows driver for FM9?
Do I need to buy the Outbyte Driver Renewal and Support for this?

I understand I have an older Windows 10 (about 2 years) but it works fine with my AX8.

What particular driver do I need for windows driver for FM9 , and where can I find it w/o paying for the Outbye Driver Renewal Support unless really needed?

Last edited:

I understand I have an older Windows 10 (about 2 years) but it works fine with my AX8.

What particular driver do I need for windows driver for FM9 , and where can I find it?
What? Why would you need to buy some random software for this? There's no need to overcomplicate matters, just install the USB driver for the FM9.

What particular driver do I need for windows driver for FM9 , and where can I find it w/o paying for the Outbye Driver Renewal Support unless really needed?
No idea what you're referring to.

Go here and download and install the Windows USB driver:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9-downloads/

Yes the FM9-Edit is all working now....

I just Fractal Botted a backup of my system as of today for good measure. It was fast! Whereas my AX8 takes 30 min on average to backup the FM9 took less than 10!

Tommorrow I'm playing with more of the goodies of the FM9T. I noticed the volume was kinda low when I got it. It's because it defaults to -10 db. They recommend a change to 4 db. I will test that tommorrow with my Redsounds Elis 8's.

Yes the FM9-Edit is all working now....

I just Fractal Botted a backup of my system as of today for good measure. It was fast! Whereas my AX8 takes 30 min on average to backup the FM9 took less than 10!

A good habit to do periodically to keep your recent changes backed up. Disk space is cheap. Time spent figuring out a way to get back to where you were isn't. Not a big deal with factory presets, but when you're 238 presets deep into creating your sound, having a backup is vital to maintaining a low anxiety level.... :)

Tommorrow I'm playing with more of the goodies of the FM9T. I noticed the volume was kinda low when I got it. It's because it defaults to -10 db. They recommend a change to 4 db. I will test that tommorrow with my Redsounds Elis 8's.

-10 is less likely to distort what comes after, and is "safer" than +4 where the possibility of connecting to semi-pro or consumer gear, but most pro gear is set up to take +4, so you'll probably end up staying there....

The backup runs a bit faster if you select an <EMPTY> preset first
Does this also mean my AX8 takes 30 min to backup because the preset list is 90% full? My preset list on the FM9 is just factory presets as of now which is over 300+. But no where near 90% , maybe 66% full.

However the cab banks are virtually empty on both, and the FM9 does over 1000 compared to the AX8 which does slightly over half that??

I sure hope as my preset list on the FM9 fill ups and it surely will, it will still be faster backup than what I'm used to now with the AX8.

I will have to check my RS ELis 8 manuals. I don't want to blow up that beauty with 4 db! Isn't 4db too loud unless you're playing in a band? I guess I could set any DB I want.

Last edited:
Does this also mean my AX8 takes 30 min to backup because the preset list is 90% full? My preset list on the FM9 is just factory presets as of now which is over 300+. But no where near 90% , maybe 66% full.

Pretty sure that on the FM9 it has to do with the preset that is currently in use reloading every time it backs out one of them, so the <EMPTY> one reloads a lot faster....

I will have to check my RS ELis 8 manuals. I don't want to blow up that beauty with 4 db! Isn't 4db too loud unless you're playing in a band? I guess I could set any DB I want. 0 db seems to a safe bet for the home and studio for now? Anyone give me a reason why I shouldn't push my REDsounds to 4 db regardless?

+4dB is the nominal level to achieve full output on that sort of input. When you set your output to +4, you still have the volume knob there to keep it under control, but it is now able to go 14dB louder than it could when it was set to -10dB output level in the FM9. :)

Pretty sure that on the FM9 it has to do with the preset that is currently in use reloading every time it backs out one of them, so the <EMPTY> one reloads a lot faster....

+4dB is the nominal level to achieve full output on that sort of input. When you set your output to +4, you still have the volume knob there to keep it under control, but it is now able to go 14dB louder than it could when it was set to -10dB output level in the FM9. :)
Regardless, a 30 min backup is a small price to pay for hours, days or weeks of lost work. Make backup your best friend! :)

@dsouza Does this also mean my AX8 takes 30 min to backup because the preset list is 90% full? My preset list on the FM9 is just factory presets as of now which is over 300+. But no where near 90% , maybe 66% full.

I would be pretty psyched about the >66% decrease in backup time you are seeing so far. Adding IRs does extend the backup time, can't speak to exactly how much, but IRs do back up more slowly than the presets. I would be shocked though if you ever get back to anything approaching a 30-minute backup time with the FM9T.

Last edited:
I would be pretty psyched about the 66% decrease in backup time you are seeing so far. Adding IRs does extend the backup time, can't speak to exactly how much, but IRs do back up more slowly than the presets. I would be shocked though if you ever get back to anything approaching a 30-minute backup time with the FM9T.

I'm pretty sure the faster backup time is not with WIndows but the faster CPU and more powerful CPU built into the FM9T compared to the AX8. It must be translating well to all calcs.

My FM9T arrived today. I checked I have FW 5.01 on it.

Note the clean display of preset name and scene.

1699343613473.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice when I click 10 the preset name is faded out. Is this intentional or a bug?

1699343650128.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom