VERSION 1.02.02
August 18, 2023

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 5.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the flickering of the main editor view.

Michael, not very important but the download page mentions only compatibility with Apple M1 processors, not M2.

Potential bug: I'm not sure whether it is this firmware update - or more likely an issue with the latest FM9-Edit - but the field names in the Song Sections part of Manage Setlist and Songs are now all black. They seem to be fine on the FM9 itself though. I'm not the only one apparently - this was posted on one of the Fractal FB pages: FFM9.jpg

Hi.
I want to report this bug in FM9Edit.
When you move the position of one cabinet microphone, the other one moves randomly without any apparent reason.

FM9 Turbo fw.5.00
FM9 Edit 1.02.02
RANF? Yes.
MacOS 13.4.1 Ventura

Hi.
I want to report this bug in FM9Edit.
When you move the position of one cabinet microphone, the other one moves randomly without any apparent reason.

FM9 Turbo fw.5.00
FM9 Edit 1.02.02
RANF? Yes.
MacOS 13.4.1 Ventura

Same here. It doesn't seem to change the set position of the other mic, just wiggles it around the set point.

Hi folks. I am planning to update my FM-9 turbo from fw.4.01 to fw.5.0. First, I need to update FM-9 Edit from my current 1.01.08 to 1.02.02. I installed the updated version but then it doesn't connect to the FM-9 in order to install the new firmware. I am running a Win7 32-bit laptop and have had zero problems until now. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi folks. I am planning to update my FM-9 turbo from fw.4.01 to fw.5.0. First, I need to update FM-9 Edit from my current 1.01.08 to 1.02.02. I installed the updated version but then it doesn't connect to the FM-9 in order to install the new firmware. I am running a Win7 32-bit laptop and have had zero problems until now. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Use Fractal Bot standalone proggy to install firmware and cab file. :)

I installed the standalone Fractal Bot v3.00.18, but when I started it up, I got an error about a USER32.dll file that has no entry point.

Try the steps here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-connection-issues-with-the-editor-help-is-here.194108/

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to get fw.5.0 installed along with the dynacabs. Unfortunately, v1.02.02 of the editor still won't connect with the FM-9. I can use v1.01.08 to edit presets, but obviously I have no access to the dynacabs' interface. I've had no issues with either firmware or the editor until now. I will go back and double check the USB cables and connections.

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to get fw.5.0 installed along with the dynacabs. Unfortunately, v1.02.02 of the editor still won't connect with the FM-9. I can use v1.01.08 to edit presets, but obviously I have no access to the dynacabs' interface. I've had no issues with either firmware or the editor until now. I will go back and double check the USB cables and connections.
Did you check all the things listed in the thread I posted above?

I seem to have a issue with the latest version. Since updating to the 5.0 firmware, if I turn off the FM9, FM9-Edit will crash immediately. I haven't had this issue with any previous versions. This is on Windows 10.

Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong but after updating to this version and 5.0 firmware, I'm not able to select Receive Mode in the fractal bot. I was hoping to backup my presets (Windows 10).

I seem to have a issue with the latest version. Since updating to the 5.0 firmware, if I turn off the FM9, FM9-Edit will crash immediately. I haven't had this issue with any previous versions. This is on Windows 10.
There are a few reports of crashing in the firmware 5.0 and FM9-Edit 1.02.01 threads, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom