FM9 Case?

Got my Seahorse 920 from Amazon today! Absolute win 👏 at $151 shipped (cheaper for gray or yellow).

AM-JKLUcNHdvuOxmbf-9J4ZMCmkm631Nbt1sbn-vJLAaihE5czW2ifg5NRhtMHxwexbnTgOMMRRp7YH-wQv3BoxSRgrjBLsXpUNrRq1dSOM2IIAcNpPGPgD7WVYhrkmv1wzEADlmTX753TNhFKnU2JLQ7-94=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLX4jT67iLHuSmPqR84dsKCIo9IaJPXVE9BjVwJ6FXjlmNTPDJKBUM9SRoBMOKx8SdzZpUmz8Khfk3xnrhai6xHP0_HABoJuwBNuG9bzH4IYwvr2Eq81n-J1uY2YcSbVNbMHO0MSuzL0JdhuYvKUoljB=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLWFTqQz1H9YOsP6udgIVLXL3FMzwbm2v-HJhk-YXjSqybHePbMegLey6WkBIqPYMx6alEvgIzr1-5f52lDwUp4VuTbdtbRh_z60duZn2qUZjGQjDA6zI33L887891uS1AojYZnbDZhHnTFC-gCyGECi=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLVPY5P6mTVFTY5-rJ6HJ7dGvzhQce8qIp3UacQ2xaqvjDu3O5YH57iTejDF0UtYyL82tA7lWaKPsn0VjuQFc6GUsNIluRDAOaBfxeQsO5ML8huVeSBrHqiHu2Rlke9yUnZFDZdPUOmx8n5uWK4b4wbL=w1173-h1560-no

I don’t use a Wah FYI, just planning on a 2nd expression pedal.
Was figuring out the pick n pluck foam tricky? Any tips/guidance?

After reading this entire thread, having the FM9 in house now for 3 days (and totally consumed with it), a thought occurred to me. At this point my band isn't gigging and our rehearsal space is my home, so really don't need anything right now. But should an opportunity come up, rather than investing in a case that I may or may not love, I tried stuffing it into a Mono guitar bag I have. It's very padded and damn, it fits in the guitar body section of the case snugly and there's room for my exp pedal and cords in the neck part of the case. There's an attached neck support thingy that would keep the neck gear from flopping down to the body/FM9 area. I have way more guitar cases than I'd ever need should I resume gigging. That is, most of my six or 7 guitars have cases but I'd never travel with more than 2 guitars at a time. This mono case has shoulder straps, so there's that. So there you have it. Mother of invention and all that.... :rolleyes:

jon

If you are looking for a simple and inexpensive soft case and you don’t need room for external pedals, the BOSS ME-80/GT-1000 case fits the FM9 perfectly.

Amazon Link
Height doesn’t seem close looking solely at specs 71mm (boss bag) vs 88mm (FM9). I’m sure since it’s a soft bag it has some give, how’s it feel at the tallest point of the FM9? Any pressure on the switches?

After reading this entire thread, having the FM9 in house now for 3 days (and totally consumed with it), a thought occurred to me. At this point my band isn't gigging and our rehearsal space is my home, so really don't need anything right now. But should an opportunity come up, rather than investing in a case that I may or may not love, I tried stuffing it into a Mono guitar bag I have. It's very padded and damn, it fits in the guitar body section of the case snugly and there's room for my exp pedal and cords in the neck part of the case. There's an attached neck support thingy that would keep the neck gear from flopping down to the body/FM9 area. I have way more guitar cases than I'd ever need should I resume gigging. That is, most of my six or 7 guitars have cases but I'd never travel with more than 2 guitars at a time. This mono case has shoulder straps, so there's that. So there you have it. Mother of invention and all that.... :rolleyes:

jon
Okay, that’s pretty cool.

jon
Good stuff. I’ve done that with my small board and a Reunion Blues double gig bag I have. Worked great! Haven’t tried it with the FM9 yet, but my FM3 would fit easily with room to spare.

Attachments

• BBB944F2-84EF-4DC4-8DBB-9DBE116D5384.jpeg
    BBB944F2-84EF-4DC4-8DBB-9DBE116D5384.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 99
Did this come with 3-4 layers of foam and you just cut the layers for your layout?
thanks Gary
Gary, it came with a thin layer of foam for the bottom and two layers of I wanna say ~3” thick pick’n’pluck foam and then egg crate foam in the lid. The pick’n’pluck layers just had to be plucked, nothing custom cut or anything. The heights are just about perfect!

Height doesn’t seem close looking solely at specs 71mm (boss bag) vs 88mm (FM9). I’m sure since it’s a soft bag it has some give, how’s it feel at the tallest point of the FM9? Any pressure on the switches?
Not much pressure unless you want to start throwing a bunch of cables in the outer pocket. Power cable, USB cable, a couple TRS cables for my pedals and it works great for my local carrying. For "light" gigging (in your car or over your shoulder on the metro, not thrown in a trunk or van with other gear that would fall on it) it's a decent option at ~$50. It's comparable to the similar Gator or Roadrunner soft bags that are around the same size.

Lol sorry I did put the info but it got cutoff. It's a Ghostfire multieffects board. I'm working on securing the FM9 to the board to remedy some movement during transport

Back
Top Bottom