FM9 Case?

I was just at Canadian Tire, and measured the inside of the MAXIMUM Case. A nice case actually. But the inside of the 3 I measured was 19 3/4 inches across. My FM9 measures 20 1/4 inches across. A 1/2 inch too small. Darn. ;p I think for me, the GHelixFloor case is prolly the 1 I`ll go for. There is a Maximum Case with wheels that has the right inner dimensions, but I don`t need 2 levels and want to keep the case size to a minimum.

Last edited:
Two big thumbs up for the Seahorse 920 case. I've used mine for several gigs and rehearsals and it's excellent. I can now get all my gear from car to stage in one trip. It holds all my more fragile items: FM9, wireless receiver & transmitter, microphone and pedals, along with some cables. I got the yellow one, which at $112 on Amazon, is less than many of the soft cases recommended in this thread.

Too bad the less garish colors for the Seahorse 920 cost as much as 40% more

As for me, I need a less bulky storage solution for home and a larger, more flexible solution for gigs. The Seahorse case would work for gigs if I did not already have a slightly bigger Pelican case (with wheels, and in more aesthetically appealing Graphite). Either of the Gator cases I posted work for me at home, and could also be used for lighter duty purposes like rehearsals, etc.

"Take what you need, leave the rest" ;)

Last edited:
I recently got one of these. It can fit my FM9, FC12, two full size expression pedals, wireless unit and all cables. This plus my dual guitar bag and the 2-guitar stand strapped to the outside of the case and I am rolling right to the gig. Works great, tough, comes with foam top and bottom inside.
Seahorse 920F Protective Wheeled... Amazon product ASIN B001A1TRNY

After following this thread since its inception, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Seahorse 920 as well.
Was leaning towards a backpack or one of the soft cases, but as the bands calendar started filling out I decided to go hardshell for the extra protection.

First impressions, I have to say this thing seems pretty sturdy and has a lot of room for expression pedals, cables, wireless. If I had to pick a negative the pop out handle for when you use it with the rollers seems a tad on the flimsy side compared to the rest of it, but I think as long as you are careful and not constantly picking it up by that handle it should be fine. The rest of it appears solid. And the pop out foam makes it real easy to shape.

SeahorseCase1.jpgSeahoresCase2.jpgSeahorseCase3.jpg

Hey, pals -

I've been perusing through this thread and I think I've got some good starting points, but I'm trying to finalize a case/bag plan for my FM9. I'm absolutely loving the FM9 for home and local gigs, but I've got a number of fly-dates coming up this year and I'm not finding a solution I love. In ideal situation, I'd have a case that could hold the following:

-FM9
-EV-1 (willing to switch to an EV-2 if it opens up an especially good option)
-power cable, patch cable, instrument cable, xlr cable
-bonus points if I could fit my Shure GLXD16 wireless setup in it, but this is not necessary

I'm hoping to get all of this into a hardshell or semi-hardshell case but I'd be okay with a bag if it were of high enough quality. The other kicker is that I'd like to be able to carry this onto a plane.

If it really comes down to it, I could get by with ditching the expression pedal. I also have an Ax8 that I could stop trying to sell if I can't find a good FM9 solution, or I could use the Ax8 funds to grab an HX stomp and make all of this way easier. Really trying to avoid the latter.

Any suggestion/input is appreciated!

Hey, pals -

I've been perusing through this thread and I think I've got some good starting points, but I'm trying to finalize a case/bag plan for my FM9. I'm absolutely loving the FM9 for home and local gigs, but I've got a number of fly-dates coming up this year and I'm not finding a solution I love. In ideal situation, I'd have a case that could hold the following:

-FM9
-bonus points if I could fit my Shure GLXD16 wireless setup in it, but this is not necessary

I'm hoping to get all of this into a hardshell or semi-hardshell case but I'd be okay with a bag if it were of high enough quality. The other kicker is that I'd like to be able to carry this onto a plane.

If it really comes down to it, I could get by with ditching the expression pedal. I also have an Ax8 that I could stop trying to sell if I can't find a good FM9 solution, or I could use the Ax8 funds to grab an HX stomp and make all of this way easier. Really trying to avoid the latter.

You might have seen my earlier post on this but I just took a couple new pictures to share. My FM9 takes its first flight tomorrow morning bright and....er, DARK and early. I use a Pelican Air 1535. It meets carry on size for overhead bins. I have flown my AX8 and FM3 in this case as well. I added some 1/8" neoprene foam around the inside for a little cushioning - it's maybe not quite enough for checked luggage but seems fine for carrying on myself.

I took out the padding on the bottom too, and that gives me a few inches of space for my little organizer bags which contain my IEM, cables and a DI for my keys, power cables, two Shure GLX transmitters and cables, and a Keith MacMillen 12 step midi controller. I usually also cram the Shure GLXD wireless receiver and two vocal mics but to save a little weight I put them in my checked luggage. My guitars are checked in an ENKI flight case.

IMG_1175.JPGIMG_1176.JPGIMG_1178.JPG

Hey, pals -

-FM9

I think the Seahorse 920 fits everything you listed. I have pretty much all that in the case in the pictures I have posted. Taking it onto a plane is where I would not be sure. I "think" it would be fine going in an overhead but you might be cutting it close.

They're good pedals.

I've been using some of the Dunlop (X) Mini pedals with my FM3+FC6 and FM9 and they've worked great, plus they're even smaller than the Fractal Pedals. I needed smaller because I had limited room in my bag.

DHurst said:
I'm a big fan of StudioSlips' bags. They have a very nice FM9 bag that they can easily customize. It's well padded and well made. I use that if I need to carry my FM9 by itself, or the FC12, as it's the same size.

Currently I have them making me a customized bag for my Temple Audio Duo 24 which currently has my FM9 mounted on it, along with two bags for my EV PXM-12ML cabs, and previously I had them design one for my FM3+FC6, which has turned out to be very popular. I also use one for my PedalTrain board… and prior to that….

PS - The bag for the Duo 24 with the FM9 mounted on it came in a couple weeks ago. It’s a much better fit than the factory Duo 24 bag, which is to be expected since it’s sized to fit the two units, not the board and pedals. It’s also much better construction and quality than the factory bag. I’m quite happy with it.

Last edited:
I have a Novation 25 backpack that fits my Helix LT perfectly. The FM9 is a bit smaller so it'll fit no problem. It's popular in the Helix community for people that find the Helix backpack overpriced.

First of all, thanks a lot for the info, very helpful for guys and gals that are looking for a backpack for the FM9.

Quick question, does an expression pedal like the Mission Engineering SP-1 (standard Dunlop wah dimensions actually) fit in one of the external compartments without pressing too hard on the Helix LT (and therefore FM9)?

Thanks in advanced!

Been a couple months since I purchased the Seahorse 920, and just wanted to follow back up a I have used it for practice, gigs and took my FM9 on vacation with me as well.

Those of you looking for a good quality case that is really going to protect your FM 9 and allow you to carry additional accessories (cables, wireless, expression pedal etc), the Seahorse 920 has really impressed me.

I have had to throw it in the back of the car with other gear and there is no fear of the FM9 getting damaged.
A couple weeks ago had a gig where I had to park a couple hundred meters from the place we were playing and the extendable handle and rollers really came in handy.

Yesterday, coming back from vacation got caught in heavy rains and had the Searhorse out in the rain with the FM9 in it for a few minutes (Much longer then I was comfortable with). From there I had to check it in for the ferry ride. To add to my anxiety when I arrive off the ferry I see the baggage guys had my FM9 at the bottom of the luggage cart with 3 layers of suitcase sitting on top, case soaking wet on the outside.

I get it home and open it up and it is bone dry perfectly protected.

For 140$ I think, as long as you can get past that it will be a little bit bulky compared to other solutions, I think you can't go wrong with this case. Even carrying stuff to gigs, no matter how careful I try to be stuff gets bounced around. So happy with this purchase.

Thanks to whoever the poster was in this thread that discovered it.

Been a couple months since I purchased the Seahorse 920, and just wanted to follow back up a I have used it for practice, gigs and took my FM9 on vacation with me as well.

Those of you looking for a good quality case that is really going to protect your FM 9 and allow you to carry additional accessories (cables, wireless, expression pedal etc), the Seahorse 920 has really impressed me.

I have had to throw it in the back of the car with other gear and there is no fear of the FM9 getting damaged.
A couple weeks ago had a gig where I had to park a couple hundred meters from the place we were playing and the extendable handle and rollers really came in handy.

Yesterday, coming back from vacation got caught in heavy rains and had the Searhorse out in the rain with the FM9 in it for a few minutes (Much longer then I was comfortable with). From there I had to check it in for the ferry ride. To add to my anxiety when I arrive off the ferry I see the baggage guys had my FM9 at the bottom of the luggage cart with 3 layers of suitcase sitting on top, case soaking wet on the outside.

I get it home and open it up and it is bone dry perfectly protected.

For 140$ I think, as long as you can get past that it will be a little bit bulky compared to other solutions, I think you can't go wrong with this case. Even carrying stuff to gigs, no matter how careful I try to be stuff gets bounced around. So happy with this purchase.

Thanks to whoever the poster was in this thread that discovered it.
Good to hear. I’m loving mine.

797AB7A7-11AF-4137-A134-939CDDE4D10A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom