FM9 Case?

Can anyone say for sure if two ev-1's will fit in the front pocket of the Helix bag?
The foot pedal? I have a Mission EP-1 coming in this week and could probably tell you when I get it. I do think two could easily fit in the front pocket though. I usually use that pocket to store my ipad (in a case) and guitar/amp cables. Its got plenty of room. If you're using it to carry your FM9, its got a lot more space then if the Helix was there, so you could probably also fit 1 EV-1 on top of the FM9 in the main compartment.

The foot pedal? I have a Mission EP-1 coming in this week and could probably tell you when I get it. I do think two could easily fit in the front pocket though. I usually use that pocket to store my ipad (in a case) and guitar/amp cables. Its got plenty of room. If you're using it to carry your FM9, its got a lot more space then if the Helix was there, so you could probably also fit 1 EV-1 on top of the FM9 in the main compartment.
The EV-1 is a fair bit chunkier than the EP-1 ;)

Finished version of my Evergreen Seahorse 920 case. I added the lid organizer, because why not. Room for everything in a rock solid case that rolls. Win! I’m really loving this setup, and being free of an old school ‘board’ setup. And that’s coming from a guy that loves to wire up/make pedalboards.

Screen guards by CEBA, button toppers by Barefoot Buttons (v1 minis).

Attachments

• 0EAFAED7-69F4-49DE-81A8-A66F12F2B8B8.jpeg
    0EAFAED7-69F4-49DE-81A8-A66F12F2B8B8.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 249
  • CBB0CA69-B97B-42E0-A925-2161260110FC.jpeg
    CBB0CA69-B97B-42E0-A925-2161260110FC.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 230
  • BB3BD399-63D9-4059-9CE6-90DFA7762832.jpeg
    BB3BD399-63D9-4059-9CE6-90DFA7762832.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 230
  • EDE869C4-634A-4B14-B0E4-3FD2B84407C5.jpeg
    EDE869C4-634A-4B14-B0E4-3FD2B84407C5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Finished version of my Evergreen Seahorse 920 case. I added the lid organizer, because why not. Room for everything in a rock solid case that rolls. Win! I’m really loving this setup, and being free of an old school ‘board’ setup. And that’s coming from a guy that loves to wire up/make pedalboards.

Screen guards by CEBA, button toppers by Barefoot Buttons (v1 minis).
Where did you get the lid organizer and how is it attached?

For any Canadians with lighter duty (non flight) needs this case is on sale at Canadian Tire this week. Wheels and retractable handle for $150 CND ($117 USD) all in.

IMG_20211213_113528_01.jpg
IMG_20211213_113542_01.jpg

The EV-1 rest on the bottom of the case and the rubber sides touch the plastic as well...so clearly not ATA approved except as a carry on perhaps...but for local transport you have a hard time beating this at the price point!

Where did you get the lid organizer and how is it attached?
I bought it from the Evergreen website. It comes with small screws for mounting. There are preexisting holes molded into the lid of the case. Also it’s worth noting that the lid is pretty solid (so the included egg crate style foam isn’t doing much), and about 2-3 inches deep. So as long as you’re not stuffing the pockets too much, they won’t come into contact with the FM9. I plan to lay a towel down between the two just as a precaution.

Last edited:
For any Canadians with lighter duty (non flight) needs this case is on sale at Canadian Tire this week. Wheels and retractable handle for $150 CND ($117 USD) all in.

View attachment 92791
View attachment 92792

The EV-1 rest on the bottom of the case and the rubber sides touch the plastic as well...so clearly not ATA approved except as a carry on perhaps...but for local transport you have a hard time beating this at the price point!
Looks good! Now just hit the foam insides with black plasti-dip and you're set. It will bond the foam pieces together and 'rubberize' it all, making it more resilient. Totally worth it i promise.

Looks good! Now just hit the foam insides with black plasti-dip and you're set. It will bond the foam pieces together and 'rubberize' it all, making it more resilient. Totally worth it i promise.
Is there any special "type" of plasti-dip? Thinking of doing this with my Pelican case.

My foam is closed cell. Not sure if that matters?

Is there any special "type" of plasti-dip? Thinking of doing this with my Pelican case.

My foam is closed cell. Not sure if that matters?
Well, there’s a kind that comes in a paint can, like for painting with a brush, the idea being that you can dip things like plier handles in it and create a new handle. The second kind comes in a rattle can, that’s what you want. Most stores like Home Depot have it, but usually only in black. If you want a diff color, you will probably need Amazon. Closed cell foam should still be ok. I mean, this stuff is popular with car guys too. People plasti-dip their car bodies and rims. It’s tough. Comes out like thick paint. It’s actually closer to rubber. A few coats should to do it. Super easy to apply, and dries fast. Good luck!

Attachments

• AC6533C4-AD17-4DAA-9E22-AB42423AF10F.jpeg
    AC6533C4-AD17-4DAA-9E22-AB42423AF10F.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8
  • E7C31D3B-D264-401F-93DB-B141A43D47E3.jpeg
    E7C31D3B-D264-401F-93DB-B141A43D47E3.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
do you think I could (should) plasti-dip the bottom of the case as well? Like I said, the EV-1's go right down to the plastic to make adequate room. Did you bond your bottom layer to the case or just the foam layers together?

do you think I could (should) plasti-dip the bottom of the case as well? Like I said, the EV-1's go right down to the plastic to make adequate room. Did you bond your bottom layer to the case or just the foam layers together?
No, no need to spray it on the actual case itself. I only applied it to the foam pieces. This stuff will just help prevent the wear & tear on the foam from stuff being put in and taken out of the case over time.

Double-check the dimensions, but this one I have with my AX 8 in it currently, with room to spare, and looks like it should fit the FM9. Also small enough to be airplane carry-on, go in overhead bin etc. Says it's a soft case but has hard edges/lid etc. Has been a great case, made it around the world a couple times.

SKB case

Oh. That's pretty fly. Let us know?

The yellow roller I bought is...pretty dang big. :D

21 x 10 x 8.5 is a good amount of internal space for the FM9 and some pedals and cables. This is pretty darn tempting at that price....much more compact that the roller case but not as protective.

Edit: sheeeeeeeet -- I ordered one. Couldn't resist that $129 price. I like the smaller size. I'll keep it or the roller I guess. Both were pretty cheap all said and done.

Last edited:
After reading this entire thread, having the FM9 in house now for 3 days (and totally consumed with it), a thought occurred to me. At this point my band isn't gigging and our rehearsal space is my home, so really don't need anything right now. But should an opportunity come up, rather than investing in a case that I may or may not love, I tried stuffing it into a Mono guitar bag I have. It's very padded and damn, it fits in the guitar body section of the case snugly and there's room for my exp pedal and cords in the neck part of the case. There's an attached neck support thingy that would keep the neck gear from flopping down to the body/FM9 area. I have way more guitar cases than I'd ever need should I resume gigging. That is, most of my six or 7 guitars have cases but I'd never travel with more than 2 guitars at a time. This mono case has shoulder straps, so there's that. So there you have it. Mother of invention and all that.... :rolleyes:

jon
Stole this! 😜😜😜
I have a Mono case for dual electrics. Guitar goes in one side, FM9 and accessories in the other. For now anyway while I figure out the permanent setup…

And as an extra bonus, the front pouch is large enough to hold a six pack!

Back
Top Bottom