FM9 Case?

Looks great! Do you know how deep the storage is underneath the FM9? Is there room for the EV-1 pedal underneath?
Maybe 3 inches at most? I can fit my EV-2 with no problem, it measures about 2.5 inches. Also I have no foam on the inside of the case, other than in the lid, which closes easily without compressing much into the top of the FM9.

Any of you with the Headrush backpack try it out yet?

I gig maybe once a month (less now around the holidays) so I don't need much. Would just like something that can cary the FM9, a couple expression peddles and chorts and maybe a couple other accessories.

Ended up ordering this (after trying to order the PT Premium backpack and it getting refunded as out of stock). I think I’ll prefer this anyway since my laptop bag is already a backpack style. Still smaller/lighter/cheaper than the Pelican 1610 I used with a Kemper head and remote.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00153U9NE/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AM-JKLUfrhpe93zfeMFHnw11Gh7I-vCWET-2Iu0vhg7LeETA6mbJoPSaZ6Ufdk7ZWcnBlwJWsoz-2KLOz8m3i-b4_zLa2kXzw573yP7zM1sbafR13SGxg7hYsD8PKK_j7bTo5KQ3bSgWBYA7E_4PlSwoO3ew=w1170-h1458-no

Only $151! Cheaper in gray and even cheaper in yellow, if you want.

Did anyone try the Line6 Helix Backpack??... what I'm reading is that the dimensions will make the FM9 fit... or am I wrong since I didn't see anyone mention this option or maybe I missed it.

Did anyone try the Line6 Helix Backpack??... what I'm reading is that the dimensions will make the FM9 fit... or am I wrong since I didn't see anyone mention this option or maybe I missed it.
It definitely fits. The Helix is a good bit bigger than the FM9.

Ended up ordering this (after trying to order the PT Premium backpack and it getting refunded as out of stock). I think I’ll prefer this anyway since my laptop bag is already a backpack style. Still smaller/lighter/cheaper than the Pelican 1610 I used with a Kemper head and remote.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00153U9NE/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only $151! Cheaper in gray and even cheaper in yellow, if you want.
Looks like it might be a tight fit length-wise. If it works this might be the route I go, especially if you can use the bottom layer of foam for accessories and the top for the FM9.

Would you mind posting photos once you get it and set it up?

Looks like it might be a tight fit length-wise. If it works this might be the route I go, especially if you can use the bottom layer of foam for accessories and the top for the FM9.

Can do!
Inside width is 22 1/8” so it’ll have almost an inch on of foam on each side. Not a lot but enough. And yeah, there plenty of height to carve out room am for cables and expression pedals.

Well, at $99 this was almost a win. I hadn’t seen this size Apache case from Harbor Freight before tonight. I measured the width… I think you could juuuust get it in there edge to edge but no foam at all. The other two dimensions are great but that’s a shame.

AM-JKLW2MSTQ4V9_FjfEFSs6bSBE2fIYbhGvhT1OhB-ckInAiBggbv7RKHAJSdrWShapP2_4P6vCowiQFwQp4CcIbd43CPdLj7qycF44fmB1OhwR-Jzg0LKQUry6Hz1bQjIh8xPr5wUMu21NkwqH6pOq5iWz=w1170-h879-no

My local friend has the same case in gray. He used to carry a Kemper Stage in it and the FM9 is smaller overall (but the same width).

He also has an expression and cables underneath.

AM-JKLVaGbtcZwnSxUIbP8XRMo5a3x1MATpSJF21m7LnuRVUiICfQDkMjawGEVABjjX5qEjlK8oFTLzNpT0QeJqcGD10-F9gxm-dCvTk55x07v16BMFvbAoyN9AriDh1E-Egi26rsOTLxlI8lkutHLYeakjn=w1170-h879-no

Any of you with the Headrush backpack try it out yet?

I gig maybe once a month (less now around the holidays) so I don't need much. Would just like something that can cary the FM9, a couple expression peddles and chorts and maybe a couple other accessories.
Ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, still waiting on delivery

I just got the Helix Backpack to use with the FM9 and it fits great. There is definitely some room, but it is by no means "flopping around" when you motive it around and the padding is high quality and thick. The two outer pockets are nice, I fit ipad, expression pedal, IEMs, cable etc easily in them. It is not the most compact solution but it is high quality bag with good protection and lots of room for extras, which was a big plus in my case (no pun intended).

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 192
Got my Seahorse 920 from Amazon today! Absolute win 👏 at $151 shipped (cheaper for gray or yellow).

AM-JKLUcNHdvuOxmbf-9J4ZMCmkm631Nbt1sbn-vJLAaihE5czW2ifg5NRhtMHxwexbnTgOMMRRp7YH-wQv3BoxSRgrjBLsXpUNrRq1dSOM2IIAcNpPGPgD7WVYhrkmv1wzEADlmTX753TNhFKnU2JLQ7-94=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLX4jT67iLHuSmPqR84dsKCIo9IaJPXVE9BjVwJ6FXjlmNTPDJKBUM9SRoBMOKx8SdzZpUmz8Khfk3xnrhai6xHP0_HABoJuwBNuG9bzH4IYwvr2Eq81n-J1uY2YcSbVNbMHO0MSuzL0JdhuYvKUoljB=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLWFTqQz1H9YOsP6udgIVLXL3FMzwbm2v-HJhk-YXjSqybHePbMegLey6WkBIqPYMx6alEvgIzr1-5f52lDwUp4VuTbdtbRh_z60duZn2qUZjGQjDA6zI33L887891uS1AojYZnbDZhHnTFC-gCyGECi=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLVPY5P6mTVFTY5-rJ6HJ7dGvzhQce8qIp3UacQ2xaqvjDu3O5YH57iTejDF0UtYyL82tA7lWaKPsn0VjuQFc6GUsNIluRDAOaBfxeQsO5ML8huVeSBrHqiHu2Rlke9yUnZFDZdPUOmx8n5uWK4b4wbL=w1173-h1560-no

I don’t use a Wah FYI, just planning on a 2nd expression pedal.
That’s awesome! I’ve been looking into that style of case. I want to do the same thing, just with two EV-1s. You did a great job, that looks really clean & neat.

I may try this spray for the pluck foam afterwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom