FM3 Now Shipping

Alright! Who's taking bets on how many days / weeks it takes us to move through May?

I was just looking on the old "Post hear if you've received an invite" thread. Here's my guess:

People who got on the waitlist on the 30th of April 2019 got their invite on the 22nd of April 2020. People who got on the waitlist on the 30th of May 2019 got their invite on the 7th of May 2020. That's a time span of 16 days that it took to go from the 30th of April to the 30th of May in terms of going through the waitlist. It took an additional day to get from the 30th of May 2019 to the 10th of June 2019 (my waitlist date, as well as when they stopped sending out invites for the non-headphone jack model). As far as how long it will take this time, I'm going to say less than 2 weeks if they don't run out of coffee ;).

Alright! Who's taking bets on how many days / weeks it takes us to move through May?
I would love to, but the predictions that I made a couple of months ago all turned out to be wrong (too optimistic). Now I am gun shy about making predictions.

Seeing as how it looks like I'll be waiting a long time till my invite comes, I just placed an order with Atomic amps. Hopefully the FM3 invite will not take a year for me, but if it does I'll have something to tinker with in the meantime...….

Getting a second hand unit for $1350. Still got all the covers etc on it. Obviously no warranty. Should I go for it?

Getting a second hand unit for $1350. Still got all the covers etc on it. Obviously no warranty. Should I go for it?
Myself, I would wait if NO headphones and NO warranty are a big deal to you. I plan on getting the extended warranty. Although FAS is very reliable equipment it is electronic and things can happen. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Myself, I would wait if NO headphones and NO warranty are a big deal to you. I plan on getting the extended warranty. Although FAS is very reliable equipment it is electronic and things can happen. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I agree with you. It has the headphones jack, but obviously no warranty. But also, my waitlisted date in March 1, 2020 :expressionless:

Guessing purchasing extended warranty is not an option right?

Correct, NO option there. Things will pick up quicker than we think. ;) On the deal you got, not a bad price considering 1600+ I've been seeing online but again, if you have any issues and need to have it serviced the purchase price will def go up.

Correct, NO option there. Things will pick up quicker than we think. ;) On the deal you got, not a bad price considering 1600+ I've been seeing online but again, if you have any issues and need to have it serviced the purchase price will def go up.
Yes, Thats exactly what I was thinking. Someone I knew played live with their FX III in scorching heat and kept it in the car after that. He apparently had some issues after the unit restarted, but it got okay. But the scare was enough!

And if I was getting it at half price with no warranty, then it makes sense. But paying over the purchase price without warranty, does not make any sense. Still using my old helix, which is okay as of now. And will just wait for the FM3 (and get the extended warranty)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom