FM3 General Discussion Thread

Anyone know how long AX8 had been out of stock before FM3 announcement last April? Weeks, or months?

Because sometime prior to that AX8 had been generally available with no wait.

This is how every product has worked so far.

Yes I know. I thought independent global bypass of cabinets might be something first implemented in the FM3 because it makes a lot of sense on how people would normally use output 1 (front house) and output 2 (personal monitor - often a guitar cab). Maybe in some future firmware update...

The whole batch? Better settle in then, we'll be here a while.

Eh..it was around noon EST today when the invites where going out. My guess is it's after lunch when they finally do, as there is mostly likely some kind of process that is not all of them simultaneously. Given how long it's been and the anticipation - SOMEONE would have reported on by now.. :) Probably we'll start seeing people first getting them in the next half hour or so. Either that or all the first ones that went out where promo units or a priority list that was higher than the AX8 waitlisters in some way.

Yes I know. I thought independent global bypass of cabinets might be something first implemented in the FM3 because it makes a lot of sense on how people would normally use output 1 (front house) and output 2 (personal monitor - often a guitar cab). Maybe in some future firmware update...
Sure. It’s been discussed since the standard and ultra were released. It’s not that easy to do. The cab block does/can affect tone and gain structure so it can’t just be removed without making two copies of the entire preset. What happens to blocks after the cab block? The cab tone is just “subtracted” from it? Not being snarky; it really isn’t easy to program.

I propose that the invitations being sent must have a 20 minutes window for ordering. If someone waits longer it's really not showing enough commitment and don't deserve the FM3.
Yikes. Must suck to have a job and miss your 20 minute window!

I propose that the invitations being sent must have a 20 minutes window for ordering. If someone waits longer it's really not showing enough commitment and don't deserve the FM3.

The AxeFX 3 invites took something like 30 days to officially expire. But I'm assuming Fractal waits a period of time then moves on to the next round.

The AxeFX 3 invites took something like 30 days to officially expire. But I'm assuming Fractal waits a period of time then moves on to the next round.

My guess is that it doesn't really expire. The invites are sent based on the waitlist queue. After the invite is sent your place in the waitlist queue is no longer relevant. It's first come, first serve in an ORDER queue. Who ever orders first from the invites gets shipped first. They are not holding units for you specifically. After a day or so more invites go out and those people get a chance to order. If the people in the previous batch didn't order yet the new people have a chance to get ahead in the order queue. If the old invite people order after that, they get put in the next place in the ordering queue after anyone that ordered before them, even if they preceded them in the original waitlist queue, assuming there is still inventory left.

That's my guess anyway. Otherwise you'd be waiting too long for people who may never order.

I'm just amazed that the invites went out (obviously not in a deliberate manner) to a group of AX8 waitlisters who have no interest in forums anywhere. In this day and age, that's a headscratcher.

I mean, just because they aren't posting in forums doesn't mean they aren't interested. They were waiting for 1 product that is no longer made, Fractal made them a promise by giving them first dibs, it's not that big of a deal.

I mean, just because they aren't posting in forums doesn't mean they aren't interested. They were waiting for 1 product that is no longer made, Fractal made them a promise by giving them first dibs, it's not that big of a deal.

The new product they're getting first dibs on is kind of a big deal. That they're getting an invite to buy it out of the blue many months later is also notable, I'd say. But maybe it's all touring cats who don't hang online much and will get to their invites when they get to it?

If anything, the softness of Day One launch is rather amusing.

The new product they're getting first dibs on is kind of a big deal. That they're getting an invite to buy it out of the blue many months later is also notable, I'd say. But maybe it's all touring cats who don't hang online much and will get to their invites when they get to it?

If anything, the softness of Day One launch is rather amusing.
1565986468_08+1009366766+04CAT081619.PIX+672590.JPG

Back
Top Bottom