FM3 General Discussion Thread

Sure. It’s been discussed since the standard and ultra were released. It’s not that easy to do. The cab block does/can affect tone and gain structure so it can’t just be removed without making two copies of the entire preset. What happens to blocks after the cab block? The cab tone is just “subtracted” from it? Not being snarky; it really isn’t easy to program.

Yikes. Must suck to have a job and miss your 20 minute window!
And once you put reverbs or delays after the cab block, especially with modulation, it gets a lot more complicated. I think probably actually impossible. You'd need two copies of every block afterwards to make it fully generic. Just better to let people decide on their own patches how they want to route it.

Only a headscratcher to those who feel they somehow are wronged by someone else undeservedly being ahead of them in line.

I...don't think it's that serious. Nobody really knows who's ahead of them in line or how many there are ahead. It just happens when it happens. I was simply saying a launch this hyped finally gets underway after months and....nada. Like I said....it's funnier to me than anything.

Maybe with the FM3 Forum not being up the first invitees didn't know where to post? I just happened to check The Lounge and stumbled upon this thread.

Good point. Plus all the VIP players, video makers and beta-testers newly released from NDA will want an official place to post besides this 'temporary' thread in the lounge.

I'm sure Matt will sanitize the FM3 forum and bring it back online soon enough.

Sure. It’s been discussed since the standard and ultra were released. It’s not that easy to do. The cab block does/can affect tone and gain structure so it can’t just be removed without making two copies of the entire preset. What happens to blocks after the cab block? The cab tone is just “subtracted” from it? Not being snarky; it really isn’t easy to program.

But Cabinet Bypass DOES EXIST. I'm just saying why would it be complex to have that be able to be turned on globally in Otuput 2 by itself? If the preset contains a cabinet ANYWHERE in the path, whether that path has a cabinet on a path leading to Out 1 out Out 2 in the preset, it simply disables it and carries on with the rest of the path. I assume that's how it works when you turn on Cabinet bypass now ANYWAY, when it turns off the cabinets on Output 1 & 2 at once.

Eh..word gets out quickly. There is also nothing on the FM3 group on Facebook of anyone receiving an invite. I still think it's still in process.

Question:

The Axe-FX III manual says "When Output 2 | Copy Output 1 is enabled, Output 1 Global EQ settings are NOT applied to signals at Out 2. Instead, the Output 2 Global EQ settings apply as usual."

The FM3 doesn't have an Output 2 Global EQ. The FM3 manual states "Output 1 Global EQ settings apply to all instances of the Output 1 mix signal." Does that include an Output 2 Copy, when that option is selected?

Question:

The Axe-FX III manual says "When Output 2 | Copy Output 1 is enabled, Output 1 Global EQ settings are NOT applied to signals at Out 2. Instead, the Output 2 Global EQ settings apply as usual."

The FM3 doesn't have an Output 2 Global EQ. The FM3 manual states "Output 1 Global EQ settings apply to all instances of the Output 1 mix signal." Does that include an Output 2 Copy, when that option is selected?

GREAT question. I'd love to know this as well.

But Cabinet Bypass DOES EXIST. I'm just saying why would it be complex to have that be able to be turned on globally in Otuput 2 by itself? If the preset contains a cabinet ANYWHERE in the path, whether that path has a cabinet on a path leading to Out 1 out Out 2 in the preset, it simply disables it and carries on with the rest of the path. I assume that's how it works when you turn on Cabinet bypass now ANYWAY, when it turns off the cabinets on Output 1 & 2 at once.
And there’s another signal that does have it. That’s 2 copies of the currently running preset. That’s the issue.

I am also on the AX8 waitlist since March and I have not received my invite yet. If I get one today or tomorrow I will let you know. I deperately need to regain my productivity at work and stop looking for it every 25 minutes. The next problem will be if my wife ever sees me again after I FINALLY get it.

Did we get an official statement yet, if the FM3 can load UltraRes IRs or not? Would seem like a step backwards to me, even the AX8 could use UltraRes IRs.

Pretty excited about the release of the FM3, although as a european customer I guess my wait will be quite a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom