FM3 Firmware Version 9.00 public beta 1

If i go from a beta to a final, is it a normal update?
Do the fractal bot recognizes it itself and also notifies me?

If i go from a beta to a final, is it a normal update?
Do the fractal bot recognizes it itself and also notifies me?
FractalBot will tell you when there's a new official release only, not beta.

However, sometimes the official release is available on the forum for some time before Fractal "releases" it to be available thru FractalBot.

I think you can upgrade directly. Just note that this new Firmware is a Beta version, not a full stable release just yet.

EDIT: You're in for a treat, Amp modelling improved quite a bit since firmware 7 :)
I know, but the idea of resetting and retweaking my 5-6 main presets that I know like my pocket regarding volume behavior etc and a few others just before a few early summer gigs wasn't really appealing to me. Holiday is coming up in a few weeks so looking forward to move to 9 then.

With this beta I noticed increased number of footswitch screen glitches. Randomly one of the screens would have the title of the "hold" feature highlighted on the screen until you perform some other action. Then it resets to a normal operation.
There is no way to reproduce it, sadly, it just happens once in every few days on different presets.

Hello All,
Does anybody else experience that the sound goes away after a 1-2 hours? I can still see it being connected at the bottom right of my PC's hardware section but there's no sound if I play a Youtube video or if I play my guitar. Rebooting the unit solves the problem but it never used to happen before. Maybe it's overheating?
Thanks
After 4 hours my sound goes away...That happened when I changed the type of compressor, but the CPU was about 76% and still muted. When I put it in an empty preset the sound returns. But if I go back to any preset the sound disappears. Rebooting the unit solves the problem, but when I go back to change the compressor type the sound disappears again.

Last edited:
I encountered this problem: from firmware 9 beta1 if you want to go back to version 8 it fails with an error, at the moment where writing starts in red therefore overwriting, by turning off the machine when restarting it remains in version 9 beta obviously, to go back to previous versions I had to loaded version 7 with its backups and it was successful and then loaded version 8, which also went well. So from 9 beta1 to 8 it didn't work in my case but I had to load 7 and then load 8

I encountered this problem: from firmware 9 beta1 if you want to go back to version 8 it fails with an error, at the moment where writing starts in red therefore overwriting, by turning off the machine when restarting it remains in version 9 beta obviously, to go back to previous versions I had to loaded version 7 with its backups and it was successful and then loaded version 8, which also went well. So from 9 beta1 to 8 it didn't work in my case but I had to load 7 and then load 8
I give more details, adding that from beta 9 to 8 I tried 3 times, always failing before trying from version 7. Furthermore, the decision to go back was because the signal was silenced twice at the output although at the input and outputs I saw a signal but everything was silent, the solution was to restart the unit. USB drivers are updated to the latest version

i have one issue in the upgrade all presets utility.
if i press the button to start it it doesn't work it seems the fm3 is not registering the button press.

for testing my fm3 on fw9 beta is running since 8 hours today. no issue with dropping sound (ok, haven't been playing the whole time :))
haven't experienced dropping sound before either.

I've reported an Out1 clipping issue with the new FW in this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...the-preset-i-wrote-for-it.206741/post-2579022

To recap:
I transferred Burgs' "EGGS" preset to FM3T FW9b1 and now Out 1 Clip is "on" quite often with this preset, like every 10-30 seconds. All levels are perfectly within normal ranges, input, internal and output.
Other Burgs' presets don't do that, but I "imported" them in FW8.

Video:

Attachments

• Burgs yellow strat.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
Help! After updating the firmware to version 9 and updating the DynaCab, the FM3 starts up perfectly but the DynaCab list is empty.

Back
Top Bottom