FM3 Firmware Version 9.00 public beta 1

I feel like I've lost some heft in the lower end with this firmware. I'm curious what people have adjusted in their presets to get things back to where they like it. Just add bass? Or given that some of the changes centre on the poweramp section, something in that tab? Curious to hear your thoughts/suggestions! It does sound clearer which is nice of course - and a big shout-out to the development team for keeping these updates coming :)

Last edited:
VERSION 9.0 Public Beta, July 3, 2024

• Fixed pops/clicks that could occur when changing Preamp Type in Cabinet block.

I still randomly get pops when changing the Preamp Type in the CAB block. Same as with the Axe-FX III. Nasty when using headphones.

I feel like I've lost some heft in the lower end with this firmware. I'm curious what people have adjusted in their presets to get things back to where they like it. Just add bass? Or given that some of the changes centre on the poweramp section, something in that tab? Curious to hear your thoughts/suggestions! It does sound clearer which is nice of course - and a big shout-out to the development team for keeping these updates coming :)

I don’t hear a huge difference to tell the truth. Maybe because of the amps I use. I did bump lows a bit. Haven’t needed to adjust anything beyond the basic controls.

I'm curious what people have adjusted in their presets to get things back to where they like it. Just add bass? Or given that some of the changes centre on the poweramp section, something in that tab? Curious to hear your thoughts/suggestions! It does sound clearer which is nice of course - :)
My JTM preset sound balanced, my Fender preset was more "biting but muffled", raised tremble from 5 to 6 and there it was, clear with byte without shrilling.

The blackface style amps are my go to, and seem to be sounding better to me. They’ve gotten significantly better the past several updates. The plexi style amps have been more difficult for me to dial in after the updates, for whatever reason. Probably user error haha. Overall, I’m very happy with my setup and my FM3 sounds better than ever after 4 years.

A new firmware with corrected drives is now in private beta.
I am getting an unpleasant popping noise when bypassing the Plex Delay block via scene change.
I’ve been using this preset for a long time so I know this is new. I have changed nothing other than updating to 9 beta.

o m g we "just" received FW8, and beta 9 is already coming out.... :cool: 🙏
were not worthy waynes world GIF

Back
Top Bottom