FM3 Firmware Version 9.00 public beta 1

Wow, nice! Thank you FAS!

About the fixes...
Wasn´t there an issue with the Dyna Cab Recto Straight and Slanted? I recall, that there was a mic mixup with the ribbon and condenser mic.

I like what I'm hearing so far. There is a bit less bass overall, definitely less low-mid clutter, yet high single notes carry more weight. I think the only tweak I will need to get back to a "balanced" tone is a hair more lows, which is cool since I've been cutting a bit more than normal with FW7.

Thanks to all at Fractal for this beta release!

Killer sounding update 🤯

I'm always curious if you change the speaker impedance curve for your personal IR you primarily use or if you just keep the amp block set to it's auto default? I'd imagine if you use the same IR across all patches that you set the speaker impedance globally?

I'm always curious if you change the speaker impedance curve for your personal IR you primarily use or if you just keep the amp block set to it's auto default? I'd imagine if you use the same IR across all patches that you set the speaker impedance globally?

I’m using 2-3 IR’s on all. I use the same curve on all of those. I make adjustments to the curve depending on the amp. Unfortunately we don’t have a global speaker curve or blocks on the FM3.

The default setting selects the default curve like a Fender speaker for a Fender amp etc or you set it to whichever curve you want which will load into your amp block if the Auto Dyna-cab is off. It would be cool if we could have saved curves and it’s been wished for I believe. But no global blocks or global curves.

I installed it and for me no issues. The new Stealth 412 DC sounds good and the 112 Friedman curve is nice and honky. As for amps it seemed about the same for me. Needed to bump lows a bit. It’s hard to tell these things sometimes. It depends on where my ears are at. It already sounded really good anyhow. I could a difference on the last firmware for sure but this one is more subtle or not affecting the amps I use.

Thanks FAS. Still waiting for the Mutron Cliff purty please 🤣

BUGS: something happend to drives. Lots of gain with drive at 0.

Compulsion distortion drive.
Sonic Drive
MCMLXXXI
M-Zone

Saw this also on my setup with the Sonic Drive; haven't tested others. DS-1, by comparison on the same preset, operates normally.

Edit: Forgot! Thanks for the continued updates, Fractal!

Last edited:
The change to the plexi is very impressive. To make it sound clean, dynamic and open, I never turned the gain above 7 with the old firmware. Now it can be turned up to 10 without any disadvantages, which makes it very pleasant to play.
Once again, this is a great update. No problems so far.

Wow. That is a great update! My main amp model is the 100w plexi jumped. This sounds and feels like a big improvement in the lower register. Playing AC/DC riffs like "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" is more fun than ever :D ... clear + punchy. Can't wait to try it out live. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom