FM3 Firmware Version 9.00 public beta 1

I've noticed that since the 9.0 beta my preset sounds overdriven in a bad way, I use the Dirty Shirley as main amp and I haven't changed anything except enabling kill dry on the parallel blocks and then using the mix control as usual.
You can hear that the sound is not normal.
Does anyone else have this?
As always, post the preset.

Revert back to the previous firmware and confirm things sound as expected.

Hello All,
Does anybody else experience that the sound goes away after a 1-2 hours? I can still see it being connected at the bottom right of my PC's hardware section but there's no sound if I play a Youtube video or if I play my guitar. Rebooting the unit solves the problem but it never used to happen before. Maybe it's overheating?
Thanks

Hello All,
Does anybody else experience that the sound goes away after a 1-2 hours? I can still see it being connected at the bottom right of my PC's hardware section but there's no sound if I play a Youtube video or if I play my guitar. Rebooting the unit solves the problem but it never used to happen before. Maybe it's overheating?
Thanks
Hi, start with checking if the problem persists when you run the unit on its own, disconnected from your PC and everything else. Just your guitar, the FM3 and headphones or analog connected speakers. It could very well be USB related.

Last edited:
Hello All,
Thanks
No, I didn´t noticed that.

Hello All,
Thanks
I also have not had this issue with several days of 3-5 hour sessions on the beta.

If you think it might be over heating check for anything blocking the sides and bottom. The fan will be audible like it is on startup as well (unless in the rare case it died) You can also check the temp in the menu if it happens again.

@md1234 had a good suggestion, I would also look at the meters page when if it happens again and see what’s going on through the unit as well

Hello All,
Thanks

Make sure you have the latest USB drivers installed.

No problems so far, 2-3 hours a day no issues in ‘normal’ usage with my usual presets. I’ll be trying some other amps and cabs, as well as CabLab tomorrow. Great job 👍

I've had the usb disconnecting after a while and changing the buffer on the settings page (putting it to 128 then 64 again solved the issue i don't know if it's related

Is it foreseeable when the next fix will come?
Otherwise I'm thinking about going back to 8.0, which I don't really want to do

Great, thanks!
Oups, didn't have the occasion to try FW8, can I upgrade direct from FW7 to FW9 or is it mandatory to upgrade to FW8 before upgrading to FW9 ?

Great, thanks!
Oups, didn't have the occasion to try FW8, can I upgrade direct from FW7 to FW9 or is it mandatory to upgrade to FW8 before upgrading to FW9 ?
I think you can upgrade directly. Just note that this new Firmware is a Beta version, not a full stable release just yet.

EDIT: You're in for a treat, Amp modelling improved quite a bit since firmware 7 :)

Great, thanks!

I think you can upgrade directly. Just note that this new Firmware is a Beta version, not a full stable release just yet.

EDIT: You're in for a treat, Amp modelling improved quite a bit since firmware 7 :)
@Stefan27 is correct. No need to go to 8 just to get to 9. You can go straight to 9.

Back
Top Bottom