FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

All good. The thing that kills me is something like the JTM45. I’ve played them in stores and could not get them to get into the clipping without blowing the place out. But we can run it as hard as we want at a low volume. It’s awesome really. It’s just a modeled simulation with the goal of getting the sound you want. Numbers don’t matter, only the tone.

@rglr

Possible bug in this firmware: I was playing for a moment, I put the guitar down for one minute and when I come back the volume has dropped considerably. I thought it was my impression, but it just happened again few days later. I have never experienced that before. In both case I had the fm3 connected to my Windows PC with the editor opened.

Last edited:
Upgraded to 8 with no hassles...everything went smooth. I am staying away from killdry for the time being...lol. The gapless works flawlessly and I am excited to use this live...life just got easier. I must agree with all those who say the AC30 Brilliant and JCM800 2203 are fabulous. I have changed my preset from the AC20 (which was great already) to the AC30 and I was impressed how much clearer it was and the tone has more depth or something. Changing only the amp, it was like taking a blanket off my old preset it was quite eye opening. The JCM800 2203 is now replacing my classic rock preset, with the Les Paul and the CC boost engaged it is a riot. Can do most everything with the volume and tone knobs...Color me impressed. Thanks, Fractal, for continuing improve an already great product!! I have been stuck on these 2 amps. Now I just need to find a new metal tone...thinking Stealth...or any recommendations?

Any other amps with this release that are stand outs?

@rglr

Possible bug in this firmware: I was playing for a moment, I put the guitar down for one minute and when I come back the volume has dropped considerably. I thought it was my impression, but it just happened again few days later. I have never experienced that before. In both case I had the fm3 connected to my Windows PC with the editor opened.
I mentioned this earlier on, I thought it was my imagination but it does seem to fluctuate randomly. Also yesterday I switched to an older preset to check on something and when I switched back to my new preset, there was no output, totally silent. After scratching my head I finally switched scenes and the output came back.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have done the update from 6.02 to 8.0

If I start from a blank preset and add an amp block, will that amp possess the updated Cygnus X-3 modeling?

And it's only pre-existing presets that I need to reset the amp block for it to refresh/reset to Cygnus X-3 level?

Thanks.

I mentioned this earlier on, I thought it was my imagination but it does seem to fluctuate randomly. Also yesterday I switched to an older preset to check on something and when I switched back to my new preset, there was no output, totally silent. After scratching my head I finally switched scenes and the output came back.
I have passed this on. We'll take a look. If you have a preset that seems to correlate to the behavior, posting it here would be helpful.

@rglr

I replied to @frankencat, but if you have a particular preset that exhibits this behavior, posting it here would be helpful.

Did either of the presets use Kill dry ? There’s a bug with that which I hope theres soon a fix for. Normally bug fixes come out pretty quickly for the Axefx3, not sure what they’re like for FM3.

I replied to @frankencat, but if you have a particular preset that exhibits this behavior, posting it here would be helpful.
Thank you. Essentially the patches are these 2 (I only play with these), but maybe I changed them a little bit after I noticed the problem. In any case, I have not noticed the volume drop while I was playing, the volume dropped about 30% after putting the guitar down for a moment and playing it again (strange). The guitar and cables work perfectly (no rust on the jack, no noise or cables with problems). I have the Fm3 since 2 years, and I didn´t have noticed this before with any of the other firmwares (I tested all of them).

UPDATE: I was able to verify that what is causing the problem is the kill dry. I have removed the delay from the patch, and after saving it the volume does not change.

Attachments

• test tucana blues 335.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
  • test tucana blues squier.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I had an issue during a recent rehearsal with two guitars to one FM3T.

When the guitar 1 had it's volume on 0, the sound of the second guitar began to stutter or even mute completely. Changing G1 volume (volume pot on the guitar itself) made G2 work again.

In1 through comps-amp-cab-delay-reverb, etc., In2 through mcomp, pitch, chorus. Both have input gates off. Both are routed into Out1, panned hard left-right.
Preset maxed on CPU, but no red warnings.

This was consistent through the whole gig, I didn't reboot the unit. We even switched guitars. Changed all cables.

I didn't have time to work on replicating this at home, but when I'm back from the travel, I'll try again and post the preset.

Last edited:
Upgraded to 8 with no hassles...everything went smooth. I am staying away from killdry for the time being...lol. The gapless works flawlessly and I am excited to use this live...life just got easier. I must agree with all those who say the AC30 Brilliant and JCM800 2203 are fabulous. I have changed my preset from the AC20 (which was great already) to the AC30 and I was impressed how much clearer it was and the tone has more depth or something. Changing only the amp, it was like taking a blanket off my old preset it was quite eye opening. The JCM800 2203 is now replacing my classic rock preset, with the Les Paul and the CC boost engaged it is a riot. Can do most everything with the volume and tone knobs...Color me impressed. Thanks, Fractal, for continuing improve an already great product!! I have been stuck on these 2 amps. Now I just need to find a new metal tone...thinking Stealth...or any recommendations?

Any other amps with this release that are stand outs?
That’s awesome!! I had the same results.
The plexi’s in general have a better sound and feel imo.
The Brit studio 20 is great amp! The Cameron amps also seem to feel much better too. These are just my thoughts.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have done the update from 6.02 to 8.0

If I start from a blank preset and add an amp block, will that amp possess the updated Cygnus X-3 modeling?

And it's only pre-existing presets that I need to reset the amp block for it to refresh/reset to Cygnus X-3 level?

Thanks.

Reposting my question above. Hoping to get some clarification. Thanks.

Reposting my question above. Hoping to get some clarification. Thanks.

Every amp in the FM3 is using the latest modelling (Cygnus X-3) no matter what you do. The only reason you need to reset the amp block is because in addition to the modelling changes, there were several adjustments to the default parameters under the advnaced tabs of many amps, and possibly even to some hidden parameter knobs you can't change on the UI but are stored internally.

Starting a new preset and adding an amp for the first time should be a freshly reset amp, no extra reset required.

I don't know if I missed it and it was already a topic but what about the new reverbs? I was hoping that the Golden Plate would be included

Back
Top Bottom