FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if this is happening on the beta (because it is happening on the firmware right before the beta):

Grid with only ambient delay. Keep stock parameters. Scene 1 has Repeat (on the repeat/stack/hold button), Scene 2 is on Stack. FM3 & FM3 Edit freezes and has to reboot.

It's getting closer for my 9er!

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Hey peeps. So when I try to open a dyna cab all I get is a 2inch wide vertical rectangle 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anybody else get this ?
Did you install the Dyna Cabs
They are a seperate download in Fractal bot

There are 3. Parts to the beta
The firmware update
The axe edit update
And the fractal bot update w the dyne cabs
All 3 of those things have to be done for the beta to function correctly

I only tried the firmware briefly, but I didnt notice any cab lag. Everything seemed to work fine. I used the directions in the README, and I always use the standalone Bot program.

Someone should post a preset and a system backup file if encountering latency.

This can help determine the cause and maybe why some are and some are not experiencing the issue.

Someone should post a preset and a system backup file if encountering latency.

This can help determine the cause and maybe why some are and some are not experiencing the issue.

Please find attached. I changed the first Bassguy patch to a dynacab, scene 1. There is noticeable latency on my FM3. Also tested the headphones out to verify it wasn't from my apollo interface, and latency was still noticable.

Attachments

• 59 Bassguy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
  • FM3-230627-203638-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'll look to post preset/system backup later today if someone doesn't beat me to it, but to me it kinda feels like the virtual capo latency. My CPU was running at 72% from memory.

Yeah...confirming what some others have said. Not sure if it's latency or a phase issue, but on a quick audition of a few cabs and something sounded a bit off. CPU less than 60% in the 2 presets I messed around with, so that's not it.

EDIT: Ok...there appears to be latency built into the dyna cabs which can be seen on the align tab in comparison to legacy cabs.

Legacy.jpg

Dyna.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah...confirming what some others have said. Not sure if it's latency or a phase issue, but on a quick audition of a few cabs and something sounded a bit off. CPU less than 60% in the 2 presets I messed around with, so that's not it.

EDIT: Ok...there appears to be latency built into the dyna cabs which can be seen on the align tab in comparison to legacy cabs.

View attachment 122568

View attachment 122569
That's the way Dyna-cab is. Same on Axe-FxIII. I'm talking about your pics, not the latency.

I'm loading it up now. I have The newest firmware on my Axe-FxIII and I'll see if I noticed any latency or difference from it going to my FM3. My FM3 is a backup to my Axe-FxIII and fm9 and its just been collecting dust so it will be fun to fire it up!

That's the way Dyna-cab is. Same on Axe-FxIII. I'm talking about your pics, not the latency.

You can clearly see leading latency in the waveform. So, maybe there's some processing to remove it in the III, but that looks like the issue.

I just gave it a go and I've got latency and it sounds off like phase or slightly flanged.

You can clearly see leading latency in the waveform. So, maybe there's some processing to remove it in the III, but that looks like the issue.
I think you're misinterpreting the graph... I'm almost certain this same issue was raised on the Axe Fx III and Cliff said it was normal.

I'll see if I can find it...

View attachment 122568

View attachment 122569
That is less than half a millisecond....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom