FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

waouhh great thank you very much the Fractal team. so my feeling, indeed there is a feeling of low latency but not on all my presets. I feel like the cabinet resonance is different from the classic ir's and takes on the effects a lot more, like there's extra reverb. On lighter presets indeed we do not really feel it. My sound is warmer and less midrange, but what good is it to stop looking in 2000 ir's! 😅 I ended up only using 2. thanks again ! 🥰

On the one hand, I really like the sound improvement, I find it much better than the FW6. On the other hand, if I notice a slight latency in Dynacab mode. It's very slight, and you get used to it very quickly, but you alternate between Legacy mode and Dynacab mode and it's very noticeable. It really feels like playing (more than in the FW6) with the Legacy mode; not so much with the Dynacab. I will not uninstall beta 1 because Legacy mode sounds better than the previous FW, but I don't feel like changing to Dynacab but rather playing with Legacy. I'm sure FAS team will fix this soon. Thanks for your effort.

For those facing the latency issues:

What do you have set in the Input Mode on Dyna Cab? Mine, by default, was loaded with the left option, but I downloaded a preset sent earlier by guitarcal, and on his Dyna Cab block, the input was set to stereo and I definitely could feel some latency... Then on my main preset, I changed the Input Mode from left to stereo and now I can feel a little bit of latency too... can anyone try to change this setting and check if it helps?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 17.18.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 17.18.28.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 33
What do you have set in the Input Mode on Dyna Cab?
Tried all four of them, same result, latency is noticeable
Those with phase/latency...Are you using Cab block Room/Air Air parameter?
Nope. Tried to set ALL parameters to 0 where possible - didn't change a thing.

Changing the mic from Condenser to Ribbon masks the issue, btw :) I mean the latency is there, but it is somehow "masked" by the frequencies :)
Tried a few cabs, same result.

What do you have set in the Input Mode on Dyna Cab? Mine, by default, was loaded with the left option, but I downloaded a preset sent earlier by guitarcal, and on his Dyna Cab block, the input was set to stereo and I definitely could feel some latency... Then on my main preset, I changed the Input Mode from left to stereo and now I can feel a little bit of latency too... can anyone try to change this setting and check if it helps?

I'll give this a test this evening and will report back

As a guy who only uses ultrares IRs, are there any chance of getting 2048 length dyna cabs? Even at the expense of cpu space of course

No difference.

Hello guys, how are you? I successfully installed the new FW and the Dyna Cabs file, but when I switch to dyna cab mode, I can't see any of the cabs models. There's just a blank list. I can only choose Cab 1 (can't see which cab it is though), and I can switch between mics. Do I need to install anything else? Thanks!
Here's a screenshot of the issue:

Hello guys, how are you? I successfully installed the new FW and the Dyna Cabs file, but when I switch to dyna cab mode, I can't see any of the cabs models. There's just a blank list. I can only choose Cab 1 (can't see which cab it is though), and I can switch between mics. Do I need to install anything else? Thanks!
Here's a screenshot of the issue:

Refresh after new firmware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom