FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those with phase/latency...Are you using Cab block Room/Air Air parameter? Not sure if this is normal behavior with Dyna-Cab and Air parameter but noticed a significant difference between Dyna-Cab and Legacy using this parameter. Dyna-Cab definitely has a phasing thing going on compared to Legacy.
Attached preset contains 4 scenes Dyna-Cab with + without Air(1/3) and Legacy with + without Air(2/4).

Attachments

• Room Air DynaCab.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Those with phase/latency...Are you using Cab block Room/Air Air parameter? Not sure if this is normal behavior with Dyna-Cab and Air parameter but noticed a significant difference between Dyna-Cab and Legacy using this parameter. Dyna-Cab definitely has a phasing thing going on compared to Legacy.
Attached preset contains 4 scenes Dyna-Cab with + without Air(1/3) and Legacy with + without Air(2/4).
That could be caused by the latency issue or by the fact that dyna-cabs are not minimum-phase.

I agree there's a very small delay only with with dynacab, using 1 or 2 cabs, 78% max CPU.
Reset the amp block
I have the air setting off and the distance at 0.
Almost like a fine comb filtering maybe.
I haven't used many cabs over the years so maybe it's my newness to some new cabs.
But when I use my Presonus Quantum monitoring from software Im very aware of latency when i change buffer settings from 10 m/s to 5 m/s.
Not using FM3 Usb out, direct monitoring from my 32SC.
Otherwise Im enjoying the clarity

Last edited:
Welp guess I’ll wait until the next beta since rglr is looking at the latency. Doesn’t seem to affect all users though which is odd. They’ll fix it, and probably soon.

That could be caused by the latency issue or by the fact that dyna-cabs are not minimum-phase.
I find I definitely don't need the use of Room/Air stuff with Dyna-Cabs as I did with Legacy. So whatever it is all sounds great with Dyna-Cabs. Post cab effects are even better with Dyna-Cab in use. Much better workflow for my audio engineer mindset. FAS rocks!

Anyone who experiences FM3 freezing when switching to channel D of the Amp block? I have to turn it off and turn it back on again. I only had this issue after updating to this firmware, although I'm aware that it's still in beta.

Welp guess I’ll wait until the next beta since rglr is looking at the latency. Doesn’t seem to affect all users though which is odd. They’ll fix it, and probably soon.
The thing is that not everyone can notice the latency.

Yeah...my guess is it's impacting everyone. It's extremely obvious playing at lower volumes as you can hear the phase artifacts of the unplugged guitar mixing with the latent signal. At louder volumes it's more bearable but I can still feel it. EDIT: And I should add, I'm not a latency stickler but this feels a little longer than I'd be comfortable with day to day.

Are the Revv models really quiet for anyone else?
Quite like "need more volume" or "noise-less"?
They are definitely "quiter" than 5153, for example - when volume matching, 5153 typically -8 to -10 dB compared to Revv on all channels.
They are also "quiter" meaning less hiss than 5153. It took me 30 minutes of testing to begin transferring all my main presets from 5153 to Revv :) I thought I forever stuck with 5153 but here I go! :) Such an amazing amp, such a wonderful suprise!

Quite like "need more volume" or "noise-less"?
They are definitely "quiter" than 5153, for example - when volume matching, 5153 typically -8 to -10 dB compared to Revv on all channels.
They are also "quiter" meaning less hiss than 5153. It took me 30 minutes of testing to begin transferring all my main presets from 5153 to Revv :) I thought I forever stuck with 5153 but here I go! :) Such an amazing amp, such a wonderful suprise!

From a need more volume stand point. I don't recall having to crank the output levels near as much on other models.

They sound incredible though!

my guess is it's impacting everyone
I was just testing some presets and neither felt or heard anything different.

I suspect it's something tied to the preset itself. A basic In 1 -> Amp -> Cab -> Out 1 preset without any deeper editing or adjustments, compared to the same with deeper adjustments in the Cab block that does replicate the problem will help rglr.

I was just testing some presets and neither felt or heard anything different.

I suspect it's something tied to the preset itself. A basic In 1 -> Amp -> Cab -> Out 1 preset without any deeper editing or adjustments, compared to the same with deeper adjustments in the Cab block that does replicate the problem will help rglr.

I tried 5 different presets, 3 factory and 2 built from scratch. Certainly possible there was some deep setting shared among all of them, but I can say for a fact on the ones I built there weren't any parameter in the amp block used outside the tone page. Seriously, choose preset 000, play it. Change the cab type to Dyna without touching anything else and play it, latency will be there. If not, then maybe it's something unique to some units, some manufacturing change at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom