FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LED ring lights by footswitches don't work as they should.
When pressing FS1:
  • FS1 LEDs are bright,
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are off(?)
When pressing FS2:
  • FS1 LEDs are dim
  • FS2 LEDs are bright
  • FS3 LEDs are dim
When pressing FS3
  • FS1 LEDs are off(?)
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are bright
When pressing external momentary footswitch:
  • FS1 LEDs are off(?)
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are off(?)

My footswitches are set:
FS1 - toggle Scenes 1 and 2
FS2 - select Scene 2
FS3 - toggle Scenes 2 and 3
exteernal FS - toggle Scenes 4 and 2

Is it a bug to be fixed? or is it something new?
How can I fix it?

I installed firmeware 5.01 without any problems. My FM3 worked fine.
When I used the FM3 today and wanted to change a preset, the FM3 freezed, I could not change any presets. The FM3 did not react, all the knobs were without any function. I had to turn off the FM3 and reboot it.
This did not happen before.

When I used the FM3 today and wanted to change a preset, the FM3 freezed, I could not change any presets. The FM3 did not react, all the knobs were without any function. I had to turn off the FM3 and reboot it.
This happened to me as well. Factory preset with USB into FM3-Edit running. Tried disconnecting USB but the FM3 remained frozen. Had to reboot the FM3.

When pressing FS1:
  • FS1 LEDs are bright,
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are off(?)
When pressing FS2:
  • FS1 LEDs are dim
  • FS2 LEDs are bright
  • FS3 LEDs are dim
When pressing FS3
  • FS1 LEDs are off(?)
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are bright
  • FS1 LEDs are off(?)
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are off(?)

My footswitches are set:
FS2 - select Scene 2

How can I fix it?
See FC Changes in release notes.

Thread 'FM3 Firmware Version 5.00'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-00.181256/

Just a quick possibility with people having their FM3 lock up. If you’re using a user made preset see what the CPU usage is. Although the update has reduced CPU usage for certain configurations I have seen increases in some presets. Basically make sure that your unit isn’t freezing due to over CPU level.

I guess the last point in that section is what you are refering to.

Do you mean that this change has screwed it up?

Is there a way to fix it ? (keeping FW5.01).
No it’s not “screwed up” it’s just different. I’m not at my FM3 right now to give step by step instructions, but the solution is to go into the FC edit and layout section and change them however you want.

I guess the last point in that section is what you are refering to.

Do you mean that this change has screwed it up?

Is there a way to fix it ? (keeping FW5.01).
See if this gets you to a starting point where you can work it out from there.
Using controller D and E make sure you're on FC View (1) and FC Layout (1) then navigate to preset 000 59Bassguy and press FS 1. Now you should be in "Preset" mode with FS1 Bright and FS2 & 3 Dim with the subsequent presets on 2 and 3. The active FS will be Bright. Hold on 1 and 3 will increment or decrement Banks and Hold on 2 will be Preset Mode. You might have to reassign and configure your external FS. Not sure.

Edit:
Read First!
It might be easiest to try reloading the 5.01 F/W again. Make sure you have the latest FM3 Edit installed and Backup!

I was experimenting around between 5.0 and 5.01 and the one time when installing 5.01 it came up with the FC’s and LED’s odd, Flashing and number 3 off with a weird layout. I reloaded and it was right again. The “dim” function is part of the new system. You can customize and turn it off if you don’t like it.

Last edited:
Just a quick possibility with people having their FM3 lock up. If you’re using a user made preset see what the CPU usage is. Although the update has reduced CPU usage for certain configurations I have seen increases in some presets. Basically make sure that your unit isn’t freezing due to over CPU level.
Thank you! I used a factory preset and the use of the CPU was not very high. My FM 3 was not connected to FM edit, I used my FM during the rehearsal. So a reboot was difficult while playing.
Should I post this problem in another thread “FM Bugs”?

Thank you! I used a factory preset and the use of the CPU was not very high. My FM 3 was not connected to FM edit, I used my FM during the rehearsal. So a reboot was difficult while playing.
Should I post this problem in another thread “FM Bugs”?
Has it been happening often? If so, you could try a reinstall of the F/W or contact support. And Yes post a bug report in the “Bug” forum.

When pressing FS1:
  • FS1 LEDs are bright,
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are off(?)
When pressing FS2:
  • FS1 LEDs are dim
  • FS2 LEDs are bright
  • FS3 LEDs are dim
When pressing FS3
  • FS1 LEDs are off(?)
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are bright
  • FS1 LEDs are off(?)
  • FS2 LEDs are dim
  • FS3 LEDs are off(?)

My footswitches are set:
FS2 - select Scene 2

How can I fix it?
Based upon your layout, the FM3 spends most of its time on Scene 2 and the other switches are used to access 3 other scenes. In this scenario, the switches seem to be operating correctly:

-The selected footswitch has a bright LED.
-When you press FS3, the FM3 is going to Scene 3 which is not an option for FS1 to toggle therefore the LED is off.
-When you press the External Switch, the FM3 is going to Scene 4. Scene 4 is not an option for FS1 or FS3 to toggle, therefore both LEDs are off. -FS2 is configured as an on/off, not toggle, and the LED is bright when selected. With the External Switch engaged the FS2 is inactive therefore it is dim.

To get back to Scene 2 from FS1 or FS3, you need to press a switch so rather than setting FS1 and FS3 to 'Toggle', it may be more efficient and less confusing to set FS1 to select Scene 1 and FS3 to select Scene 3.

If you're changing channels in Scene 4, leave the External Switch as is in order to maintain the momentary function to get back to Scene 2. If you're not changing channels, consider using a Control Switch to make the block state and parameter changes from Scene 2 that you make for Scene 4 using modifiers.

Has it been happening often? If so, you could try a reinstall of the F/W or contact support. And Yes post a bug report in the “Bug” forum.
No, it happend the first time. I am using the FM3 mor than a year, it never was blocked in that way. Thank you for your response. I will post this in the bug forum

Can I just say Preset 009 (PLEXI 50W) on Fw 5.01......
No need to change one single thing for me... all scenes wail as they are....
Don't know who "composed" this preset, but...... thank you!!
Have there been updated factory presets since June 2021? I don't have a preset 009. They start at 0011 for me - JMP1 OD1 -c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom