FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
New FM3 Edit 1.05.07 is here!
Cool! I have to admit that as I recently have been getting my DAW on my Laptop set up and have added more more USB devices and when having multiple software accessing the USB buss I have had FM3-Edit get squirrelly on be. Most the time just had to minimize and bring back and it’s responsive again. Win 11 here too. I will have to try this new version when I get home.👍

They are working as they should when configured for Scene Toggle. From the FC Controllers Manual, page 28:

View attachment 96401

For the LED to be lit on a particular switch, whether dim or bright, one of the options for that switch must be either in the preset or in use in the preset.

If you have a switch assigned to bypass/activate Delay 2 and there is no Delay 2 block in the preset, that switch LED will be off.

If you have FS1 assigned to toggle scenes 1 and 2 but have Scene 3 selected, the LED for FS1 will be off because scene 3 is not an option in the configuration of FS1.
Thanks.
That may help me resolve the issue.
Somehow I had them working as desired hefore FW5:
Active scene - bright
Passive - dim
I have to look at older versions of my preset to see what changed it.

I am using the Musicslave 5 on Axe-Change.
Previous one was Powerslave I think.

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with this. I updated from 4.01 to 5.01 today. I have an FC-6 connected. Everything works fine for the first minute or so and then I will have three buttons stop working. Sometimes it is the three on the FM3, other times it is the top three of the FC6, and I just had the bottom three of the FC6 stop working. Every time I reboot the unit all buttons work again as they should for just a little while, and then without fail randomly three buttons in a row stop working. I have been in touch with support, and at this point it seems like they are stumped. I’m leaving in about an hour for load in and I’m afraid I am screwed tonight. Has anybody had this issue, does anybody know how to resolve it?

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with this. I updated from 4.01 to 5.01 today. I have an FC-6 connected. Everything works fine for the first minute or so and then I will have three buttons stop working. Sometimes it is the three on the FM3, other times it is the top three of the FC6, and I just had the bottom three of the FC6 stop working. Every time I reboot the unit all buttons work again as they should for just a little while, and then without fail randomly three buttons in a row stop working. I have been in touch with support, and at this point it seems like they are stumped. I’m leaving in about an hour for load in and I’m afraid I am screwed tonight. Has anybody had this issue, does anybody know how to resolve it?
One other bit of information, I have a second FM3 that I use for smaller gigs. I set it up on the larger pedal board with the FC6 and copied all of my settings over to it and it behaved exactly the same way, so I’m sure it is not the unit. There is something going on in the firmware.

One other bit of information, I have a second FM3 that I use for smaller gigs. I set it up on the larger pedal board with the FC6 and copied all of my settings over to it and it behaved exactly the same way, so I’m sure it is not the unit. There is something going on in the firmware.
Try another XLR cable...

Try another XLR cable...
here is a list that support had me try with no results:
-a different XLR cable for the FC6?
-tested without the FC6?
-do you have the latest FC firmware installed? https://www.fractalaudio.com/fc-download/
I also reverted back to 5.00, and 4.01 and the unit continued to do the same thing. I never had this issue before I updated to 5.01 today.

A quick report after upgrading from 4.01 to 5.01:

1. Working on notebook, FM3 off, with USB plugged to computer.

2. Turn on FM3, takes a few moments to boot, computer recognizes FM3 as audio device normally. However, if I play a music file, nothing comes out of FM3. No FM3 Edit involved here, just using FM3 as an audio interface for playback. Volume controls are of no help.

3. Unplug FM3 USB from computer, plug again. All works fine now.

Before the upgrade, the step 3 was not required.

As long as you have the firmware download, you can roll back and forth as much as you please.
Thanks! Yeah I rolled back to beta 1 and my FC stopped working on the unit. (Dashes through the screen and no lights and no response from button pushes) so I went back to stable release in which the FC still didn’t work so I reloaded my backups (thankfully I made just before) and it restored functionality.

So long story short, I’ll probably just wait for 5.02 to release and see what happens. There’s an issue with the FC right now anyway with “previous scene” enabled.

I would have thought that this would be common knowledge with gear that depends on code to work, BUT never take doing Firmware updates lightly. Even when they’re so called official releases and not beta. Always do a full back up before and follow instructions and read release notes fully and understand them. Thanks to FAS for having the most comprehensive and always works backup and utility software.

Oh and reading the manuals and the Wiki forum when getting stuck with a problem can do wonders.

P.S.
One other thing. Even though the “U” in USB stands for “Universal” for many manufacturers (not really including FAS, but very likely you have other USB devices connected to your puter) it stands for we’ll do whatever the heck we want even it screws up everything. Through the years I have accumulated a crap load of USB cables and many times didn’t really care what I grabbed, but for the FM3 I make sure to use a high quality cable. And yes, all cables are not equal. Doesn’t mean they should be $100 either.

Thanks! Yeah I rolled back to beta 1 and my FC stopped working on the unit. (Dashes through the screen and no lights and no response from button pushes) so I went back to stable release in which the FC still didn’t work so I reloaded my backups (thankfully I made just before) and it restored functionality.

So long story short, I’ll probably just wait for 5.02 to release and see what happens. There’s an issue with the FC right now anyway with “previous scene” enabled.
Just remember any firmware file name with a “b” in it is beta, so if you’re not into testing and isolating and reporting bugs, make a good choice.

That’s a lesson for all. Public Beta is not just about getting to the new features faster, it’s about testing with a wide variety of use cases with users of a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills, that can’t be done in the shop or in a limited closed beta with a bunch of experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom