FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Just updated and that preset sounds great, although it appears in the 009 slot at it starts at 000. I must have still had the beta version. Glad I saw your post.
It's a good idea to keep an eye on the threads run by administrators and moderators at the top of the 'FM3 Discussion' thread. You'll get all of the latest up-to-date info that way.

You'll see a thread on there also announcing those presets.

It's a good idea to keep an eye on the threads run by administrators and moderators at the top of the 'FM3 Discussion' thread. You'll get all of the latest up-to-date info that way.

You'll see a thread on there also announcing those presets.
Yep, agreed. I normally do but just plain missed that one. Anyway, all good now.

Thanks. Just updated and that preset sounds great, although it appears in the 009 slot at it starts at 000. I must have still had the beta version. Glad I saw your post.
Good to hear. If you like this sound you might wanna check out some of the other Plexi based factory presets, a lotta Pleximagic going on there as well.

Based upon your layout, the FM3 spends most of its time on Scene 2 and the other switches are used to access 3 other scenes. In this scenario, the switches seem to be operating correctly:

-The selected footswitch has a bright LED.
-When you press FS3, the FM3 is going to Scene 3 which is not an option for FS1 to toggle therefore the LED is off.
-When you press the External Switch, the FM3 is going to Scene 4. Scene 4 is not an option for FS1 or FS3 to toggle, therefore both LEDs are off. -FS2 is configured as an on/off, not toggle, and the LED is bright when selected. With the External Switch engaged the FS2 is inactive therefore it is dim.

To get back to Scene 2 from FS1 or FS3, you need to press a switch so rather than setting FS1 and FS3 to 'Toggle', it may be more efficient and less confusing to set FS1 to select Scene 1 and FS3 to select Scene 3.

If you're changing channels in Scene 4, leave the External Switch as is in order to maintain the momentary function to get back to Scene 2. If you're not changing channels, consider using a Control Switch to make the block state and parameter changes from Scene 2 that you make for Scene 4 using modifiers.
I will not reassign and mess up the switches to make LEDs work “as they should”.
Will just re-install FW5.01 to see if that works as suggested by @GitGuy513 .
If that does not work - maybe next update will fix it.

I love the new Diffuser algo in the multi-tap, what a great sound!

I'm still new to this unit and Fractal in general, but I really can't believe how many great dream tones I have just saved as presets in this thing that I can cycle through. It's so inspiring to play and I keep losing several hours of time just actually playing my guitar.

I will not reassign and mess up the switches to make LEDs work “as they should”.
Will just re-install FW5.01 to see if that works as suggested by @GitGuy513 .
If that does not work - maybe next update will fix it.
They are working as they should when configured for Scene Toggle. From the FC Controllers Manual, page 28:

1645126015802.png

For the LED to be lit on a particular switch, whether dim or bright, one of the options for that switch must be either in the preset or in use in the preset.

If you have a switch assigned to bypass/activate Delay 2 and there is no Delay 2 block in the preset, that switch LED will be off.

If you have FS1 assigned to toggle scenes 1 and 2 but have Scene 3 selected, the LED for FS1 will be off because scene 3 is not an option in the configuration of FS1.

Without any doubt this unit now feels and sounds worlds away better from when I first bought it with the first Firmware.
Its so good now that I feel like just about every guitarists could benefit in some way by having one regardless of what gear they already own
I agree

There’s something in the feel and sound that has improved a lot. And it was great before, something in the feel that make you want to dig those strings harder

USB Problem - FM Edit lagging

This is a new problem which hasn't happened at all in the past. When I minimized FM Edit and then bring it back up again, there is a long lag time until it will respond. Also, in my Device Manager there is a USB error now that I have isolated to the FM3.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

USB Problem - FM Edit lagging

This is a new problem which hasn't happened at all in the past. When I minimized FM Edit and then bring it back up again, there is a long lag time until it will respond. Also, in my Device Manager there is a USB error now that I have isolated to the FM3.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
This has always the case with me on Windows 11, I assumed it was simply due to it not guaranteed compatible with that OS. Whenever the editor is in focus, no issues. If I need to swap between it and something else, it will tend to become unresponsive. A minor issue for me as I'm typically doing 1 thing or the other, rarely both, restarting the editor fixes it. I'm in the habit now to open it, do what I need to do, and close it rather than leave it running.

This has always the case with me on Windows 11, I assumed it was simply due to it not guaranteed compatible with that OS. Whenever the editor is in focus, no issues. If I need to swap between it and something else, it will tend to become unresponsive. A minor issue for me as I'm typically doing 1 thing or the other, rarely both, restarting the editor fixes it. I'm in the habit now to open it, do what I need to do, and close it rather than leave it running.
This has also happened to me more than once on Win 11... restart FM3 Edit fixes it.

I updated my USB drivers because I was having issues connecting to FM3 edit on my laptop. Connects pretty good now but there is some lag, like if I bypass a block, it happens fast on the FM3 but slow to show in edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom