FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably didn’t include my IRs. Using a few custom ones. Sorry about that., but it really doesnt matter anyway. Disable the whole cab block in my preset. The amp has A LOT of HF hash here.

This is probably EXACTLY the problem I’m experiencing. Download my preset above, and disable the cab block, see if it’s the same. Disabling power amp modeling makes it go away.
I downloaded your preset and disabled the cab block. It is exactly the same noise I reported with the citrus 200 amp

Maybe its time to slow down the releases of new betas or official releases until we have had sufficient time to dive down deep and find these extremely minor bugs. (I have no idea how you guys even find these bugs). It seems that each release eventually has some hard to locate minor issue that takes a few days for the power users to notice. It would certainly save Cliff and the Fractal Team time and allow them to concentrate on other enhancements (which after 14 years of owning an Axe-FX I find it inhumanly possible to make the Axe sound better. I was pretty happy with the original 4.0 Firmware of my original pre-Ultra Axe in 2008.

The word “Genius“ does not do due Cliff justice. He’s the Leo Fender of Digital Modeling and His innovations keep the competitors pushing the tech forward. Not brown-nosing just stating the obvious.

I literally have all my real amps, vintage and digital synths, stomps, outboard gear, and even guitars in my MBP. i still have no clue how any one settles on a patch and says “that it, that‘s the one I’m tracking with.“

Maybe its time to slow down the releases of new betas or official releases until we have had sufficient time to dive down deep and find these extremely minor bugs.
On the other hand, not everyone is willing to try betas so the release versions get to a much larger group of users who inevitably stumble across these weirdly specific issues.

So it's kind of inevitable.

i still have no clue how any one settles on a patch and says “that it, that‘s the one I’m tracking with.“
FWIW, whenever I make a preset that resonates with me and that inspires me to write/record, it's always very similar regardless of what amp or effects I use; it's always an edge of breakup sound that sounds great with extended chords (9ths, inversions, etc.). So I more or less create "that" sound and roll with it, since it's never going to be different, even if I start from scratch and use different amps, cabs, and drives. I'm intrinsically drawn to a particular sound, so I don't overthink it :)

Not brown-nosing just stating the obvious.
I feel ya; it's just a fact. Frankly, sometimes I don't even like the guy, but damned if musicians in the year 2204 won't still be talking about him like we do about Leo Fender or Jim Marshall or David Behringer or Eric Zoom or Derek Eventide, Nathaniel PRS, Madeline Ibanez, etc. (not sure how many of these names are real, to be honest...).

(I have no idea how you guys even find these bugs)
I was just playing my preset I always play. But with a bass. Maybe it would be a good idea to join bassplayers to the testing team. As a matter effect this could lead to some more bass amps. I'm still voting for an Aguilar DB 751. :cool:
I agree to the tought about the genius Cliff. And I also agree about reducing the pace of releases. Although I like the less power consumption of the reverb.

Personally I don't think the pace of releases is bad. You've got to keep everything in perspective. The last official release prior to last Friday was 8/9/21. There was a lot of screaming and hollering about the FM3 was due an update. Fractal answered.

The beta releases are just that, betas designed for testing. You can opt in or not. You'll never get any update 100%; I'm very thankful for the quick feedback and support from the Fractal Team.

Maybe its time to slow down the releases of new betas or official releases until we have had sufficient time to dive down deep and find these extremely minor bugs.
Maybe it's time for the peanut gallery to stop obsessing over the frequency of firmware releases. If these bugs are truly "extremely minor", then why do you even care? Let Fractal do Fractal, and you can go play guitar.

This may be a more involved question and I can take this to another thread, but what exactly was causing the volume change between 4.1 to 5 and that 5.1 addressed? The reason I ask is, I created some new presets in 5.0 after updating, and now that 5.1 is there to fix whatever happened on the volume situation, those 5.0 presets I made sound different now (not worse, just different) and I'd like to figure out what to change to try to recreate the sound I got in 5.0 on the new 5.1 firmware. Hopefully that makes sense, and I don't think it's just the channel volume because I tried that. I had finally nailed my perfect clean tone inside 5.0 and now I am not sure what dials to change to replicate it in 5.1. :)

I am also observing issues related to the power amp modelling similar to what others have described in this thread. With the presence control on the amp block (model: 1959SLP Treble) set below ~2, I'm noticing notes cutting in and out after they've had some time to decay. The issue disappears when I disable power amp modelling.

I've attached the preset and audio clip to illustrate the issue. Repro: load the attached preset and lower the presence in the amp block to 0.

Attachments

• 5.01 Bug.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.01 Bug Audio.zip
    277.4 KB · Views: 9
Every time I think that I could not be happier with this product, I am proven wrong. Just touched up my base live preset and man does it sound great. The low end is tighter, cleans are more present and clearer, and the new Plex presets are just fantastic to work with. Thank you, as always, for continuously making this piece of gear better...for free, no less. Awesome stuff.

Every time I think that I could not be happier with this product, I am proven wrong. Just touched up my base live preset and man does it sound great. The low end is tighter, cleans are more present and clearer, and the new Plex presets are just fantastic to work with. Thank you, as always, for continuously making this piece of gear better...for free, no less. Awesome stuff.
In the words of Cooper Carter, "This unit keeps getting better and it keeps getting better for free."

I was just playing my preset I always play. But with a bass. Maybe it would be a good idea to join bassplayers to the testing team. As a matter effect this could lead to some more bass amps. I'm still voting for an Aguilar DB 751. :cool:
I agree to the tought about the genius Cliff. And I also agree about reducing the pace of releases. Although I like the less power consumption of the reverb.
Everyone can install public betas... So bass players are already included ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom