FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Is the System Parameters Reset necessary if im coming from 3.01? Or is it just if i changed any "output 2" settings due to the volume drop bug?

For the various v4 betas I've reset my System Parameters and completely reset the AMP block in all of my presets since I'm going to dial everything in from scratch and wanted to experiment with a completely clean slate.

I also did the same thing last night with the official version of v4.00 Cygnus just to ensure I have a very clean, initialized system and presets going forward.

With v4.00/Cygnus especially, I'm finding I can dial in amp tones in seconds and it's going to be trivial to setup presets for various guitars for live use....man, there is some real mojo in Cygnus that I'm still over the moon about.

For the various v4 betas I've reset my System Parameters and completely reset the AMP block in all of my presets since I'm going to dial everything in from scratch and wanted to experiment with a completely clean slate.

I also did the same thing last night with the official version of v4.00 Cygnus just to ensure I have a very clean, initialized system and presets going forward.

With v4.00/Cygnus especially, I'm finding I can dial in amp tones in seconds and it's going to be trivial to setup presets for various guitars for live use....man, there is some real mojo in Cygnus that I'm still over the moon about.
This is good to hear! I was planning on doing the same thing…
I only really have a few go to presets for live, so I was hoping it would be simple.

Got a personal issue I think.
Loaded actual fw4 stock presets and one preset freezes device.
Horror something what.
I don't need it and if I reset system settings it works.
Restore my settings , same issue.
May I have to note down my system settings and do a reset and set them manually.
All my own presets out of Beta 5 working well.

Got a personal issue I think.
Loaded actual fw4 stock presets and one preset freezes device.
Horror something what.
I don't need it and if I reset system settings it works.
Restore my settings , same issue.
May I have to note down my system settings and do a reset and set them manually.
All my own presets out of Beta 5 working well.
Do you mind sending me the backup of your system settings that is freezing the FM3 when that preset is active?

Also, just to be sure, you are referring to the factory preset number 244 (Horrorfest FM3)?

This is good to hear! I was planning on doing the same thing…
I only really have a few go to presets for live, so I was hoping it would be simple.

Yea, I think you'll find getting back up and running quick and painless....!

V4.00/Cygnus is so very different from previous firmware versions I consider the FM3 a completely new, just released, device and warrants a fresh start from scratch (as far as the System Parameters and AMP block). The only blocks I carried forward 'as is' were the FX and CAB blocks.

I'm also very stoked that v4.000 has some fantastic CPU optimizations; all of my presets are running ~75% and lower and am able to have 'kitchen sink' presets loaded with FX again....very sweet.

Do you mind sending me the backup of your system settings that is freezing the FM3 when that preset is active?

Also, just to be sure, you are referring to the factory preset number 244 (Horrorfest FM3)?
Yes 244.
Number 300 on my FM3.
I hope I am able to remember to send the backup tomorrow....
Long time and old guy 😉

Preset 244 is working fine here. I checked all scenes. Just to be sure it isn't CPU related though, I reduced Echo Density in the Reverb block to 4. This will be in the next FM3 banks release, probably next week with all the tweaks and fixes in it.

So I chose to sit the beta test out as I had only just purchased the unit recently. I updated my firmware yesterday from 3.02 to 4. and then installed all the new banks. Only now everything seems broken. The sound is very thin, harsh, and crackling. Often there is no sound at all. As im describing it it sounds like a short, but its not. I have to turn output 1 knob up to like 8/9 before I can barely hear anything, and its super garbled and horrible sounding. My input levels look fine. What happened? I'm simply going: guitar --> fm3 --> studio monitors via xlr. My headphones respond the same way.

I've got to say that I agree with this. I've never had any issues with previous FW updates but I updated last night and after tweaking for most of the morning none of my main presets sounded as good as before on FW v3.02, even after soft resets. My main, daily Dumble preset sounded exactly as you described and was certainly less touch sensitive. I've since now gone back to FW v3.02 and I'm a very happy camper again. The difference is night and day for me. If I was happy to start from scratch it would probably be fine but I've got a couple of patches in particular that are just perfect for what I need.

That's why it's always a good idea to have full, regular backups!
Wondering, did you just revert the firmware or did you also restore the presets and cabs?

I'm wondering how some here are having a great experience and it sounds great while others (like myself) are not. It's the same device (unless there are hardware version differences) and firmware so it should behave the same.

Man, this is upsetting. I'm desperately trying to get through all the presets and scenes. There is no way to do this with a guitar in hand. Each preset - even the far out ones in the upper reaches of the banks - are so completely usable that I find myself playing MUCH longer than planned on each scene!
Time flies by and I neglect my duties!

Cliff, Bryant, Matt and a special mention for those who helped put the revised presets together. Amazing!

Can someone please check dual diatonic setting in the pitch block. Dorian is playing a major 3rd and mixolydian is playing a major 7th

So I chose to sit the beta test out as I had only just purchased the unit recently. I updated my firmware yesterday from 3.02 to 4. and then installed all the new banks. Only now everything seems broken. The sound is very thin, harsh, and crackling. Often there is no sound at all. As im describing it it sounds like a short, but its not. I have to turn output 1 knob up to like 8/9 before I can barely hear anything, and its super garbled and horrible sounding. My input levels look fine. What happened? I'm simply going: guitar --> fm3 --> studio monitors via xlr. My headphones respond the same way.
Same experience, new user, couple of issues with beta, back to 3.02 and chose to wait out, still on 3.02, I mean I would like to upgrade but I'm really happy with the sounds I have right now, I think I'll wait out a little more.

Like evh1972 said, it's strange that some are having issues.

Same experience, new user, couple of issues with beta, back to 3.02 and chose to wait out, still on 3.02, I mean I would like to upgrade but I'm really happy with the sounds I have right now, I think I'll wait out a little more.

Like evh1972 said, it's strange that some are having issues.

I've had mine for a week, and installed each beta as they came. Now on the official version. I didn't have any problems along the way, and spent the time learning the unit. Now that I have all of that out of the way I can go to town.

Back
Top Bottom