FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to do a post on this but there is an easy fix to that per-preset that I've done for many years. Go to the input EQ block and do a high pass on just the input. I use 100Hz a lot on heavier amps as a starting point. Just depends on the guitar. You'll have all your low end but it'll be controlled and just sound better. Trust me. :D
I'd be interested in learning more about this!

I'm not even using much Reverb now. In fact today I played dry all day. Just amp -> cab.
I’m the complete opposite now. Never really cared for reverb blocks and now I can’t play without it. I had to ditch two blocks for a reverb block working with minimum quality. It still sounds superb.

My favourite one atm is the London Plate: 100 % mix (parallel), -3-10 volume, 1,5 s time and 110 ms pre-delay. Every note sounds so huge and I honestly feel like I play much better with the reverb on...

Last edited:
I need to do a post on this but there is an easy fix to that per-preset that I've done for many years. Go to the input EQ block and do a high pass on just the input. I use 100Hz a lot on heavier amps as a starting point. Just depends on the guitar. You'll have all your low end but it'll be controlled and just sound better. Trust me. :D

Yeah, Scott, dish on this. I found the Input EQ on the Amp block but would be interested in more detail. Thanks.

So I updated to Firmware 3.00 from 2.00. I am reading a lot of posts saying that things on presets have changed from the original values such as compression defaulting to 69.9. I am new to the Fractal world. I am guessing that these changes defaulting are not what we want. Is there going to be an update to put tings back to where they were or should I go back to Firmware 2.00 and upload my presets from 2.00??

Or is it ok to leave it the way it is. I don't want to go into every amp I use a lot and start looking for things that changed and put them back to their normal values. What do you think I should do. Or better, what is everyone who updated to 3.00 going to do?

So I updated to Firmware 3.00 from 2.00. I am reading a lot of posts saying that things on presets have changed from the original values such as compression defaulting to 69.9. I am new to the Fractal world. I am guessing that these changes defaulting are not what we want. Is there going to be an update to put tings back to where they were or should I go back to Firmware 2.00 and upload my presets from 2.00??

Or is it ok to leave it the way it is. I don't want to go into every amp I use a lot and start looking for things that changed and put them back to their normal values. What do you think I should do. Or better, what is everyone who updated to 3.00 going to do?
If it sounds good it is good

I haven't felt the need to change anything yet. I'd wait a bit as they'll probably come out with an update that fixes this soon.

Yeah, But did it sound better before some of those things changed such as "CATHODE FOLLOWERS " on Mesa Amps, Compression defaulting to 69.9 on almost every amp?

Yeah, Scott, dish on this. I found the Input EQ on the Amp block but would be interested in more detail. Thanks.
What more did you want to know? You found the Input EQ. And you set the high pass (Low Cut) to 100 Hz, right? That's pretty much it.

If it sounds good it is good
This. Also listen with your eyes as well as your ears. For example, I noticed that I was maxing out the headroom on my presets. I can't remember if it was like that pre 3.0, but I went in and made a few minor tweaks there. I did adjust the compression on my Mesa presets, but that's it. Everything else was great as is...better than ever.

Here's how I'm enjoying the the new firmware. I loaded my favorite preset I made, a 5F8 High Power Tweed Twin set to Bonamassa settings and went to the Type page and tested out different amps keeping with non master amps. I found the amps sound better than when I normally do this and I didn't feel the need to go back and change the tone controls despite the extreme settings as much. Also, and I know this doesn't make sense, there was less variance in volumes going from one amp to another than I remember.

Is anyone else finding 3.0 super bassy
also on some amps like the Archon bright, DZL VH the treble control does not really seem to do a lot to brighten it up , presence to Is very subtle through the range
Did not try on speakers but had this same thought on headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom