FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must've set it to 69.9. Mesas don't have cathode followers so the default value is zero.
I can corroborate this. literally every preset now has Compression set to 69.9% wthout FM3-Edit, on the front panel. importing old presets also have this setting. I have never touched this parameter before.

I can corroborate this. literally every preset now has Compression set to 69.9% wthout FM3-Edit, on the front panel. importing old presets also have this setting. I have never touched this parameter before.
If you reset the amp block it will go to the default settings.

If you reset the amp block it will go to the default settings.
Is there a bug report up? I am troubleshooting as I type. Maybe we can take this issue there so other stuff can be discussed here?

And just to clarify the intended default is 0? When I reset the block or double click the parameter it resets to 0. So this is a bug where all previous and imported presets are set to 69.9?

Cheers!

EDIT:
That's a bug. I've notified engineering.
I'll let you know if I figure out anything. You kick ass ;)

Looks like you can revert back to 2.0 and reinstall backups.

Also, with a cursory look at a few amps post reversion, it looks like the defaults were around 70 anyways, for amps with cathode followers.
I am personally updating back to 3.0 as this is a minute difference i probably can't hear.

Last edited:
Is anyone else finding 3.0 super bassy
also on some amps like the Archon bright, DZL VH the treble control does not really seem to do a lot to brighten it up , presence to Is very subtle through the range

also on some amps like the Archon bright, DZL VH the treble control does not really seem to do a lot to brighten it up , presence to Is very subtle through the range
Nope but I’ve always had the bass dialled back on the mixer. No change from 3.0 to my ears.

I need to do a post on this but there is an easy fix to that per-preset that I've done for many years. Go to the input EQ block and do a high pass on just the input. I use 100Hz a lot on heavier amps as a starting point. Just depends on the guitar. You'll have all your low end but it'll be controlled and just sound better. Trust me. :D

If you reset the amp block it should be super unbassy.

Current has always worked that way for Scenes. It makes the switch display the currently selected Scene. If multiple Scene switches are set to Current, they’ll all show the same thing: the currently selected Scene.

Current does not show “the currently selected Scene if that Scene is controlled by that switch, but the Destination Scene if the Current Scene is not controlled by that switch.”
Tnx Chris, I receive FM3 a few days ago with FW2. My main patch have 3 scenes, each one has a boosted one. So 6 scenes. I set the switch with current and the display and colors of the switch were diffent as expect (green clean, yellow crunch, red lead). Now all switch has the same colour. I am not sure if v2 behaviour was an unintentional bug, but that suit me well showing the current state of the switches, active or not.
I will try to revert back to 2...

I've noticed that with 3.00 in all my saved patches now, if you go on the section "Dynamics" on the Amp block that uses "Plexi 100W 1970", I have

Compression: 69.9 %
Hardness: 0.00
Grid Clipping: 30.0 %

instead of the previous defaults

Compression: 77.4 %
Hardness: 7.50
Grid Clipping: 50.0 %

in "Power Tube Type" I have "EL34" instead of "EL34/6CA7" and in the "Tube Compressor" now I have

Attack Time: 0.283 ms

instead of

Attack Time: 2.000 ms

All the other settings are exactly the same as before

I've noticed that with 3.00 in all my saved patches now, if you go on the section "Dynamics" on the Amp block that uses "Plexi 100W 1970", I have

Compression: 69.9 %
Hardness: 0.00
Grid Clipping: 30.0 %

instead of the previous defaults

Compression: 77.4 %
Hardness: 7.50
Grid Clipping: 50.0 %

in "Power Tube Type" I have "EL34" instead of "EL34/6CA7" and in the "Tube Compressor" now I have

Attack Time: 0.283 ms

instead of

Attack Time: 2.000 ms

All the other settings are exactly the same as before
Hardness and Grid Clipping should be 0 and 30 respectively. Compression is wrong. I've notified engineering but it's the weekend and they won't get to it until tomorrow.

I believe the problem is in the preset update function. There's a function that automatically updates old presets. However there's nothing in there that alters the Compressor block or the Power Tube Type so I can't comment on that.

I encountered another connection problem. The USB-connection just suddenly got disconnected and the screen of the FM3 went blank (screen light was still lit). I restarted the unit and my pc and it seems to be working again but it is weird that this happened. When I started FM3 edit the next time it loaded all banks from the start :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom