FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about Axe FX II with Ares Firmware, but now with 3.0 firmware it’s miles ahead AX8 tone and feel.

Absolutely agree...I've owned/played Fractal gear for 10+ years and firmware v3 is a landmark achievement IMO.

There is a local player who very much looks down on modeling gear and is a vintage gear freak. He has an awesome collection of vintage guitars and amps and has a fantastic live and recorded sound, cannot deny that. He knows his various amps (dozens of vintage and modern amps), their feel/characteristics big time and is a very good player who plays a lot of styles (jazz, country, rock, etc.) with a high degree of skill and musicianship....

Firmware v3 would be the first one I'd actually feel confident inviting him over to try and have a play through...that is really saying something...:cool:

Is there a bug in the speaker compression as well? When resetting amps it defaults from 2 to 1. I didn't try every amp but I checked 7 or 8 and this happens.

2 used to be the default value, but a few firmwares ago it was changed to 1 on the Axe FX III with some other improved amp modelling. Maybe those recently got ported to the FM3, and so the FM3 also had the default value change. Or maybe the presets were imported from Axe FX III before the update and that setting was never reset to the new default.

2 used to be the default value, but a few firmwares ago it was changed to 1 on the Axe FX III with some other improved amp modelling. Maybe those recently got ported to the FM3, and so the FM3 also had the default value change. Or maybe the presets were imported from Axe FX III before the update and that setting was never reset to the new default.
Oh cool, I hope that and the cathode compression gets automatically updated in the new release so we don't have to reset every amp.

I don’t know about Axe FX II with Ares Firmware, but now with 3.0 firmware it’s miles ahead AX8 tone and feel.
I have both FX2 and FM3 but it is impossible to tell as the only real reference measure is a good band level rehearsal (with al it's feedback artifices etc). With these covid rules all is stopped again since october and no way for me to have a real life test in a band context until february at earliest. The Axe Fx II with Ares and Ultrares is very very good, if I can achieve just that with the FM3 it would be great. The problem when you play alone is that quite often you think you sound good, but it's the "band context" and level that reveals the truth. Due to direct sound feedback the amp dynamics change a lot when playing at level with a band, one of the reasons I don't like bands playing with in ear and without backstage amps; it just sounds too clinic. In order not to have to retweak two times, I got back to FW1.06 that sounded quite good already IMHO.

Great, thank you!! However, just to let you know @BryantP, my fm3 froze 30 seconds after startup.. connected to MacBook Pro, FM3Edit (latest version) running, no daw, no preset change, no tweaking. It just froze while doing nothing basically.

EDIT: Now it just froze while recording in a daw. It didn't just freeze switches / leds with sound coming through, this time there was no sound either.
Please contact support and we'll work through it that way: https://www.fractalaudio.com/getting-help/

Reactions: edo
Should be none if you update to 3.01, which has just been released:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-3-01.168482/
I confirm I now see the light. Great job this FW. If you told me you integrated UR I'd believe you. Just got through a few patches on the headphones, and looking really forward to try this over my small PA in the attic tomorrow, but right from how it sounds yet I'm sure it will work out perfect. There's indeed more finesse and detail in the sound. Thanks a lot to all of you.

Updated firmware, put my headphones on ,fm3 came up .no sound ,then I realized my headphones were plug into my Mac and not the fm3 :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom