FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 6

Installing beta FM3 edit.....so auto update will not work from current version to beta correct ?
On a Mac, just install the .dmg? When the new Non beta FM3 version update arrives...can you auto update from beta?
thx
Yes, but it would be a good idea to run Refresh After New Firmware. FM3-Edit will think you’re going from 1.04 to 1.04 (which you are), so it might not refresh by itself.

Chris, installing the beta does not create 2 instances of FM3 edit correct? Overwrites current ?
Installing the beta installs new firmware, not FM3-Edit. Installing the new FM3-Edit will just update the editor, not create a new instance of it.

Chris, installing the beta does not create 2 instances of FM3 edit correct? Overwrites current ?
on a mac, when you drag the icon to your Apps folder, it asks if you want to replace or keep both. sometimes i keep both and rename it "Beta" or something in case i have to roll back, no need to reinstall the previous Edit. your call.

Installed and working with no feedback loops on palm mutes - great work!

@BryantP the release notes mention Reverb 'dispersion" but I can't see a parameter with that name anywhere. Is it referring to diffusion?

Installed and working with no feedback loops on palm mutes - great work!

@BryantP the release notes mention Reverb 'dispersion" but I can't see a parameter with that name anywhere. Is it referring to diffusion?
Same for me.
BTW i started using the Atomica High because of your videos and WOW . That amp rocks. Thanks :smile:

The Triple Crest 2 is awesome. I wrote this riff when it got added to the Axe-Fx III but decided to re-track it with the same patch ported over to the FM3.

Killer Riff .Love the Triple Crest 2 and 3 also with the latest York Audio 212 MESA its a match made in Heaven

After update:

ONLY ON PRESETS CONTAINING OUTSOURCED CAB IRs... FM3 locks up immediately. FC6 screens do not switch. Effect buttons do not turn on. Tap tempo doesn't blink.

FM3 EDIT is very slow as well. Constantly "reading presets names".

Anybody else experiencing this?

Thank You

@VEGAS I cannot reproduce that.

By "outsourced cab", do you mean that you are using a preset with a cab block you have imported into the User bank? I just booted up and switched to a preset that I have using a York Audio cab from my User bank. I am connected to FM3-Edit using an iMac and I am not experiencing any problems.

@VEGAS I cannot reproduce that.

By "outsourced cab", do you mean that you are using a preset with a cab block you have imported into the User bank? I just booted up and switched to a preset that I have using a York Audio cab from my User bank. I am connected to FM3-Edit using an iMac and I am not experiencing any problems.
Yes, I have several presets using a CAB IR that I purchased from a great company (don't want to mention - this could easily be an ID - 10 - T). Thank you for responding!

Does anyone know what's the current latency when recording over USB?
From my use, it's been different in various DAWs so probably not a definitive answer here. Initial firmware was not really useable, but remember we are talking latency "after" tracking/recording. Track was off after printing. This isn't referring to monitoring latency which is unavoidable. While tracking you should using Direct Monitoring through the Axe Fx, and not the DAW track. Some DAWs (Pro Tools) have low latency monitoring which basically mutes the input to the DAW. If you don't have that then you can just mute the track.

WOW, anyone see thats happening with the new Pitch block ?? Marco's video.......
you mean the axe fx 3 beta updates or is there something in a negative way that is happening. The new pitch block update is pretty sweet. Tried it this morning on the axe fx 3

Back
Top Bottom