FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

I am just slightly worried that the dps limits of the FM3 tho

FWIW I just got my FM3 a couple of weeks ago....I've been deep diving into it and programming my main presets and have found that, compared to how I structured things with the AX8, the FM3 seems to have a lot more overall CPU 'headroom' available.

I cloned the same block structure I used in my AX8 to the FM3 but I can also add both a Rotary and Flanger block....very cool.

Given that the FX and amp modelling (ARES) are improved/modernized as well (considerably in the case of the modelling IMO) I've been pleasantly surprised at how much CPU latitude I'm getting from the FM3 now that I actually have it in hand. No worries for me about FM3 CPU (and I wasn't ever worried about it)....I'm getting more out of it then I imagined I would.

And thanks FAS for the continued work and the updates...already two of them since I got the FM3 a couple of weeks ago!

Last edited:
Latency is fixed for me again.

My unit didn’t freeze opening reaper but the tempo led keeps blinking randomly. Footswitches didn’t malfunction but the screen above the one on the left side stopped Showing anything. Everything keep working and after navigating other layout the screen return normality.

Hopefully this small issues can be worked out,

Scene changes are super fast 👍🏻

I'm coming from 1.05 and I updated to 1.06b and installed the new factory presets and the new FM3 -Edit. When I change presets I end up on random scenes. I switch to a preset and it will be on scene 4 and then to another preset and it will be on scene 3 or 2. I haven't found a pattern to it yet but its the same scene every time for that preset. I have my setup to default to scene 1 for every preset. Its not every preset doing it but a lot of them are. Mark Day preset is one and most of my user presets. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm coming from 1.05 and I updated to 1.06b and installed the new factory presets and the new FM3 -Edit. When I change presets I end up on random scenes. I switch to a preset and it will be on scene 4 and then to another preset and it will be on scene 3 or 2. I haven't found a pattern to it yet but its the same scene every time for that preset. I have my setup to default to scene 1 for every preset. Anyone else experiencing this?
I am assuming you have not changed the Default Scene global setting?

This would be expected behavior if you're not set to a specific scene.

Been trying out the 'Multitap' and 'Megatap' Delays as a pseudo-Reverb. The 'Megatap' is a bit better so far, but both pale in comparison to what I can could get out of the Delay block. And the CPU cost is still too much for many of the presets that I am currently attempting to port over.

Sorry to hear this Moke, I know how much work you put into your presets.
If you come up with anything that you'd like to share, just in the Multi or Mega Tap blocks, I do think it would be appreciated.

Ok, its only while FM3-Edit is running. It doesn't do it if I change presets on the unit without the editor being on.

I also discovered this bug back on 1.06b. When changing presets from FM3Edit, it loads up the last saved scene, even if you have the FM3 hardware set to always load scene 1. I made a thread for this bug in the FM3Edit forum.

We had to make a management decision. Under certain circumstances (using an Amp block and two Delay blocks with Diffusion on) the second DSP could get overloaded. The easiest solution at this time was to remove the Diffusion parameter. If we are able to improve the code efficiency we will reinstate the parameter.

You have to realize the FM3 has only about 1/5 the DSP power of an Axe-Fx III. Trying to fit all those goodies in there while not sacrificing audio quality is a balancing act. I ALWAYS insist on quality over quantity. That's what differentiates our products. It takes a LOT of horsepower to do it right.
Just a thought which crossed my mind:
Only activate Diffusion on one Delay block?
I could see that most people will only need one block with Diffusion. And also the down sides, namely increased support: ("why only diffusion on one block?", "where is Diffusion on the Delay X?").

Last edited:
Been trying out the 'Multitap' and 'Megatap' Delays as a pseudo-Reverb. The 'Megatap' is a bit better so far, but both pale in comparison to what I can could get out of the Delay block. And the CPU cost is still too much for many of the presets that I am currently attempting to port over.

This. I totally understand hardware limitations. Not being an absolute expert, I've worked with real time processing in the past and know how tricky that could be. Besides, I have always being advocating for the "FM3 is not an Axe FX" argument, and absolutelly not blaming anyone not demanding anything. But to spend some time struggling to squeeze things up there in a variety of presets, only to see a feature (that even if minor is important under certain conditions) being removed unexpectedly is a bit frustrating

And I think that's understandable too.

Back
Top Bottom