FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

guys...

the goal of this beta and release seems to be solving the USB problems.

as stated, a parameter in the Delay block was removed to get the USB and Amp/Delay CPU stable for the majority of users. it has also been stated that Diffusion in the Delay block can very well return. Cliff mentioned they're working on reducing CPU in general for the addition of the Drive block enhancements. so that could all happen at the same time, at any point.

people who use the Diffusion in the Delay block are clearly going to be sad or frustrated with its removal. they can voice that opinion.

the FM3 is still on version 1.xx. it's just the beginning. clearly the USB issues put a speed bump in the road. but once it's solved - which it's looking like their endless hours of hard work paid off - other things can be worked on.

let's focus on reporting any issues, or mentioning that things have been solved, rather than arguing about a fact that happened.

thanks.

Ok. Still having:

(Only when opening reaper)

-tempo led going crazy
-footswitches screens function is erratic. Much better than before but still stops to show names of footswitches at times. If I continue navigating they go back to normal (this was not possible before... once they started acting weird the unit was prone to freeze)
-latency fixed
-scene change time improved drastically

Thanks a lot. Much better now and hopefully this last remainings can be addressed in the future

Last edited:
I am still having USB issues after installing the new beta. I get no sound through usb audio. I cannot record a signal (it shows no input) and I get no playback on prior recordings unless I switch to MME audio. I have tried Reaper and Cakewalk. Same issue in both. I reset my parameters...I also uninstalled/reinstalled both programs as well as all fractal audio drivers. Any ideas?

I am still having USB issues after installing the new beta. I get no sound through usb audio. I cannot record a signal (it shows no input) and I get no playback on prior recordings unless I switch to MME audio. I have tried Reaper and Cakewalk. Same issue in both. I reset my parameters...I also uninstalled/reinstalled both programs as well as all fractal audio drivers. Any ideas?

Are you selection ASIO and the fm3 as your in/out device in reaper?

In addition, you need to route back Out1 to your Interface (or use the headphone out), that was the problem on my side first (since mixed device ASIO is not that easy).

Hi there just a few questions as I'll be receiving the unit in a few days.
  • usb problems are related to specific DAW or rather Windows version orientated?
  • I also use an axe fx ii, will it be possible to run on the same computer the different drivers and editing software?
  • this reverb density issue, the actual fixed value (wo the parameter) would correspond to what density value approximately?
  • to start I'll just use the on board buttons with one or two exp pedals, any advice for what shall be the best configuration to work with ?

Hi there just a few questions as I'll be receiving the unit in a few days.
  • usb problems are related to specific DAW or rather Windows version orientated?
  • I also use an axe fx ii, will it be possible to run on the same computer the different drivers and editing software?
  • this reverb density issue, the actual fixed value (wo the parameter) would correspond to what density value approximately?
  • to start I'll just use the on board buttons with one or two exp pedals, any advice for what shall be the best configuration to work with ?

You should probably start a new thread with your questions. This thread is about the 1.06 beta 3 release.

You should probably start a new thread with your questions. This thread is about the 1.06 beta 3 release.
Let's say only question 1 and 3 are more or less thread related. The others not. I'll post them elsewhere. Still interested for the response on question 3, about the density though.
Note that I'll have to wait a few days more as G66 suspended for one week the delivery of the units.

Let's say only question 1 and 3 are more or less thread related. The others not. I'll post them elsewhere. Still interested for the response on question 3, about the density though.
Note that I'll have to wait a few days more as G66 suspended for one week the delivery of the units.
There is no “reverb density issue”. The density parameter was removed from the DELAY block.

It's also the diffusion parameter, not density.
You're both right...so same question for diffusion value. Isn't it a bit like rvb density? My understanding is that diffusion concerns the wall reflexions; shouldn't matter all that much not ?

You're both right...so same question for diffusion value. Isn't it a bit like rvb density? My understanding is that diffusion concerns the wall reflexions; shouldn't matter all that much not ?
But again, it’s on the DELAY block, not the reverb.
It did allow the delay block to be used as a reverb, with a smaller DSP footprint. But the reverb block has nothing disabled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom