FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

Thought I'd post to say that this new firmware is working really well for me. I'll also add a controversial comment. I Don't understand why people are using external delay/reverb with the FM3, the delays and reverbs are stellar - I can't imagine a strymon sounds much better? I don't own one but the Fractal reverbs are really good.

I have a strymon timeline and big sky connected to my FM3. It’s not really necessary, but I love the sounds of the strymon pedals, and it just lets me go that much more crazy with my presets since I’m not taxing the DSP at all with that. it’s also part of the reason that some of us got upset when diffusion was removed from the delays, because we are so used to that parameter on our strymon pedals. There’s nothing at all wrong with the Fractal delays and reverbs, but there is something specific about the strymon sound that is difficult to replicate.

I'm using an external reverb, not as 'better' but as 'more dsp'

I can get my presets to fit on the DSP, but have to tread carefully and I have the space on my board - so why not?
Fair enough, I totally also understand if you are used to a particular sound or piece of gear too..... What are you using? I nearly brought a boss rv-6 or rv-500 or that latest EHX stereo reverb before I got the FM3.... I was using the atomic amplifire 12, and wasn't that happy with the reverb on it. I suppose going from that to FM3 is a big jump...

Back
Top Bottom