First gig with Axe Fx II here goes

Hey guys, Here is a Nylon Acoustic guitar New Age peace that we played first last night. I love the gorgeous breathy pad coming from the Axe FX II

YouTube - ‪Larry Mitchell Band NMMA May 22nd 2011 "A Drift In Time"‬‏

Thanks for listening.

Some one just sent me a message that they have great video (sound) up close to the stage. I'll upload that when I get it. But you wont be able to see the two because its on the floor in front of me. :)

Larry

That was really great Larry. I always enjoy hearing/seeing you perform.

The tone after the talking break in the middle is killer. And the playing is humbling.

Whatever your fingers feel like, they still sound awesome. Hard to belive that 2 of them did not want to be as friendly as you wanted them to be. The rest of your hand must work overtime to get what you want. You may get in trouble with the Fingers Union and Hands Relations :)

Hey Cliff Thank you, You know I second guessed myself. The patch after the talking is my new favorite patch It's the Blues Jr. Or I call it pro Junior. (I own 5 Pro Juniors and love them) I started with the patch for the melody but I switch to my HBE patch with much more gain for the solo. I should have stayed with the Pro Junior Patch for the solo. But I used it in the breakdown and loved it. Doubts!! By the way that is not quite the same Pro Junior patch that I sent you. I have redone all of those patches that I sent you with the amp levels lower which changes the effects level a little so the delays are not the same and I tweaked a few other things. I'll send it you in a little bit. (Also that Patch by self sounded really good but with the band playing and through the PA I loved it more)

Thanks Sean. I need to make a trip back up to Denver so we can hang. Maybe we can do a gig together up there?

Shasha, Thank you. With the fingers swollen, I was working mostly off adrenaline, I still was fumbling a lot though and i should have followed my own advise and played to my abilities at the moment but excitement got the better of me. I kind of slowed down more in that break down and it felt and sounded better. You have to understand that is my music community there and a lot of those people have never heard me play live before they know me as a local producer. There was a lot of speculation and high expectations so I wanted to have fun a put on a good show. You can never live up to other peoples expectations but I still wanted to have a great show be happy with it myself. :)

Scott, Thank you!! I'm looking forward to trying some of your patches!!

Zentman, There are a lot of differences going on but it is hard to pin down though. there is a presence that is there that is not the same as the ultra. Things seem a little further away on the ultra. and its way easier to dial up great sounds. I am able to have more nicer high end with the II than I was with the my Ultra. There are so many ways to dial the high end in with the II it's not funny. The low end as well.

I have a video of the sound crew talking about the Axe FX II. I was very happy that he didn't have to EQ anything. The low end was nice and the high end was not brittle. But that's a user thing making it too brittle or too boomy. :) I didn't have to touch the EQ at all during the sound check and neither did the sound guy.

There is another video taking from closer to the stage that's up but it's iPhone Camera but you can hear the tone pretty much the way here. Tomorrow my new in Ears come!! I'm Excited. Axe FX II in stereo in my head!! :)
Thank you guys

Larry

Dammit Larry, I'm going to be in Santa Fe next weekend...I'll miss it!

(Have to hit Maria's, Shed, Pantry....if you can't tell I grew up there...)

Good luck bud!

Ron

Hey Ron, if your in Santa Fe this weekend or before the 1st, you are welcome to come to my studio and check out the Axe Fx II.

Just let me know

Larry

Sending you a PM.

Hey guys, Here is a Nylon Acoustic guitar New Age peace that we played first last night. I love the gorgeous breathy pad coming from the Axe FX II

YouTube - ‪Larry Mitchell Band NMMA May 22nd 2011 "A Drift In Time"‬‏

Thanks for listening.

Some one just sent me a message that they have great video (sound) up close to the stage. I'll upload that when I get it. But you wont be able to see the two because its on the floor in front of me. :)

Larry

I humbly bow... beautiful feel to that Larry! What a dream to be able play like that. I need 20 years back and some discipline to go with it! *sigh*grin*

Thank you so much for posting these Larry! You've just made a lot of folks very happy.

Fantastic tone and great arrangments I'm now a big fan.

sold! to the guy sitting in his underwear, unshaven, unbathed, because he is gazing at the fractal forum every minute of the day awaiting the release of axe2......
charlie-brown-argh.jpg

Asbolutely amazing man. Great playing, great tone and I LOVEEEED the video of you walking through the crowd. Give em a show! haha ;)

Asbolutely amazing man. Great playing, great tone and I LOVEEEED the video of you walking through the crowd. Give em a show! haha ;)

Yeah I was wondering what Larry was doing in the middle of the first Pony Ride vid:
Give em a show! ;)

It was fun to listen to, and fun to watch. Great playing. I can't think of a better way to kick off the new wave of Axe Fx II videos. Thanks for posting!

Did that one lady seem to forget you were playing, and just start holding a conversation with you?? I love it when people do that. :)

Did that one lady seem to forget you were playing, and just start holding a conversation with you?? I love it when people do that. :)
I hate it when people do that...especially when I'm playing and singing at the same time. It's great that they want to talk, and I really am happy to oblige, but it's like they think you have two necks and four arms.

I mean I've actually had people walk up to me and hold their hands out to shake mine while asking a question -- all in mid-song!!

Back
Top Bottom