AFIII First Axe III Recording

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Guitar and bass recorded with the III. So far, reamping has been flawless with the new USB firmware. I recorded the entire song with no atomic blasts of random noise. Thank you Amandio! This recording was not possible before your fix.

Last edited:
Guitar and bass recorded with the III. So far, reamping has been flawless with the new USB firmware. I recorded the entire song with no atomic blasts of random noise. Thank you Amandio! This recording was not possible before your fix.

Man how did you get that Holdsworth/Thordendal tone?

Wow! Sounds to me like you were inspired by one of the most incredible Allan Holdsworth solos "The 4:15 Bradford Executive"

Stunning work steadystate.

Great playing, great tones, agree on the Holdsworth ref.

Are you the rest of the band too?

Would love that preset, if you'd be open to that.

Nice work!

Man, you've got the chops! I love your precisely controlled use of the vibrato bar. Did you play the bass parts as well?

I love that after seeing someone on the forum for years and basically knowing nothing about them except for their Avatar and the content of their posts, you get to discover their amazing talent.
And man you’ve got talent to spare! Wow!

@steadystate Is this your composition? I tried to find this on various music services without success.
It’s amazing.

Edit: Saw your notes on YouTube. Even better knowing this is your own composition.

Last edited:
A wonderful composition and phenomenal playing. As a longtime Holdsworth fan I can certainly hear his influence in your playing, yet your own subtle character is evident. Compliments also on your preset, which exudes an appealing warmth, which I'm sure many would appreciate your sharing, if possible. With such an introduction, I'm also sure that many will be anxiously waiting for more examples of your work.

I don’t listen to this kind of music. Even less I understand this kind of music. Even less can I play music like this. Learning even one passage would take at least a day or so for me to get it sound right.

Nevertheless everything about that track was amazing. Playing, melodies, composition, tone. That’s talent you got there. And it’s something I really appreciate.

These days a lot of shreddery causes me to switch off after about 10 seconds, but this was executed beautifully - smooth as silk and great tone too!

Man how did you get that Holdsworth/Thordendal tone?
The Axe-FX III, of course! Stock legacy IR, Triaxis LD2 Yellow model.

Wow! Sounds to me like you were inspired by one of the most incredible Allan Holdsworth solos "The 4:15 Bradford Executive"

Stunning work steadystate.
Good ear. That is exactly the song that inspired it. I believe 4:15 BE is the greatest guitar solo ever recorded. Far beyond what I can achieve, but a great inspiration nevertheless. My song isn't strictly through-composed, but the main section is 19 chords long. I love that long format. I remember hearing Elton John's "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" as a kid and being mesmerized by the length of the chord progressions.

Are you the rest of the band too?
Mostly; guitar, bass, and keys. Drums are SD3 using midi captured with a combination of live performance and manual editing.

CLIFF!!!

Thank you for the positive feedback everyone. I usually don't like to lean so heavily on someone else's style, but this is a case where it seemed appropriate. The III finally nails the character of the Triaxis.

Funny I just noticed that you are playing a Kiesel, I thought you had moved on from Jeffs take on guitars?

Back
Top Bottom