AFIII First Axe III Recording

Funny I just noticed that you are playing a Kiesel, I thought you had moved on from Jeffs take on guitars?
That's the same Kiesel I bitched about. The fretboard is split down the center over half of its length, dividing the inlays. I replaced the nut set screws that were either cutting the strings or letting them slip. It came from the factory with two different types, both of them useless. I had to hunt for one with just the right brake angle to hold the strings without cutting them. I paid $400 extra for the top, which was made exactly the way I specified for them NOT to make it. It's like they went out of their way to do what I specifically asked them not to. I paid about $2,500 for it, and I didn't have the luxury of waiting for them to build another one. I'm broke, so I'm stuck with it. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice guitar If you discount it's flaws and the obvious lack of communication at the factory.

That's the same Kiesel I bitched about. The fretboard is split down the center over half of its length, dividing the inlays. I replaced the nut set screws that were either cutting the strings or letting them slip. It came from the factory with two different types, both of them useless. I had to hunt for one with just the right brake angle to hold the strings without cutting them. I paid $400 extra for the top, which was made exactly the way I specified for them NOT to make it. It's like they went out of their way to do what I specifically asked them not to. I paid about $2,500 for it, and I didn't have the luxury of waiting for them to build another one. I'm broke, so I'm stuck with it. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice guitar If you discount it's flaws and the obvious lack of communication at the factory.
That's a bummer man! Have you considered getting it fixed? I know that's not optimal but at least you might be able to patch up the flaws.

Very nice tune, more than Holdsworth it sounded to me a bit to 70s prog rock, anyway really cool.

Back
Top Bottom