Firmware with midi usb interface

Load the usb driver with the axe on and connected, and power cycle it when it tells you to? That was my problem for a while, that I didnt follow those instructions precisely on a very old macbook.

Last edited:
Yes, you can use a MIDI-to-USB interface. As Cliff said, it will be much slower.

I'm willing to be wrong, but there's an excellent chance that you haven't tried it *all. :) Because it works for everyone else.

Maybe a little more information would help. What happens when you try to use USB to load the firmware? Are you able to connect with Fractal-Bot at all? How about Axe-Edit?

It fails when i try to install the driver. Can't communicate with the axe. Tried 5 different computers, 6 or seven cables. All the usb-inputs. Read all the treads and tips. Contacted g66 and fractal. As I said, I have really tried it all. For 3 weeks now. Since I got it. Bought it second hand.
So now I wanna try something else.

Ah, second-hand. That rules out any warranty solutions. It's possible that the previous owner fried USB port, though I'm not sure how.

What's the error that pops up when you install the driver?

Error code 105. Can't communicate with the....

From another thread with the same error code...

Uninstall any previous versions. Install the new version and make sure you follow the directions.
I got the same error (105) the first time to. But everything went smooth after uninstalling the previous version.
Hope that helps.

I have tried uninstalling with no luck. Get the same thing every time. Tried different USB cords as well. Any other tips?

Try this.. turn off Axe.. go into <drive>:\Fractal Audio Systems\Axe-Fx II USB Driver Installer\Driver (usually under default root drive) and run setup.exe. Follow directions.. ignore [or cancel] any MS prompts to install drivers.
See if that works.

That did it. Thank you!!

Yeah I think so. So that's why I wanna try the midi usb interface. But I can't get that one to work either. The fractal-bot won't find the right ports. Is it something with setting within the axe?

Tried all of this. No luck! Same as always. No connection between the two.
Time to contact Fractal support.

It's curious that the MIDI interface won't work either. I've seen the super-cheap ones not play so well.

Fractal can't help me. Tried everything they said.
I tried a new cable today, number 8 or so. No luck.
On my fifth computer now. Bought it from US, so the G66 in Europe wont fix it either. No guarantee.

@Goddog

Do you have an external USB-to-MIDI interface like the Roland UM-G1 at hand and tried it? Don't you see the ports of that interface, too?

Did you also try another MIDI software like MIDI-OX?

Back
Top Bottom