Firmware Version 10.02 Now Available

I ve found something weird! Go to Global/Config/Turn Power Amp Modeling On/off. Now check Global/Out 1/ the 1k Band. Its in the middle but if you highlight it its=4.
It happens with every Power Amp reset. Maybe this is THE bug?

I ve found something weird! Go to Global/Config/Turn Power Amp Modeling On/off. Now check Global/Out 1/ the 1k Band. Its in the middle but if you highlight it its=4.
Confirmed on my rig.

Great find. Please post exactly that in the bug section.

Confirmed here too.

But the value still seems to be at my personal setting of 1.5, because as soon as I turn the dial it goes to 1.48 or 1.52 ...

Same here, but I think it's just a display bug.

It's just a display bug. Exit the Global menu and re-enter and it will display the correct value.

Installed new firmware yesterday into Axe-FX 2. I have not read this entire sticky, but I have noticed a problem with this new firmware:

After playing for awhile, the unit just stops outputing any sound. This has now happened twice since the firmware update. Never happened before. My setup is as follows:

1) AxeFx 2 connected to Windows XP Pro SP3 PC
2) Newest (beta) Axe-Edit
3) Playing along to song in Reaper

Tonite I was playing for about 40 minutes, and all of a sudden no output. The only way to get output is to turn it off and turn it back on.

Would not be good if playing out..... Thankfully I never do :)

Let me know if there is anything needed from me to debug...

Installed new firmware yesterday into Axe-FX 2. I have not read this entire sticky, but I have noticed a problem with this new firmware:

After playing for awhile, the unit just stops outputing any sound. This has now happened twice since the firmware update. Never happened before. My setup is as follows:

1) AxeFx 2 connected to Windows XP Pro SP3 PC
2) Newest (beta) Axe-Edit
3) Playing along to song in Reaper

Tonite I was playing for about 40 minutes, and all of a sudden no output. The only way to get output is to turn it off and turn it back on.

Would not be good if playing out..... Thankfully I never do :)

Let me know if there is anything needed from me to debug...

I had the same issue today. Strange.

Should I go to 10.02 from 9?

Hey guys. I'm excited to download 10.02. I'm still holding on to 9 as my fear of screwing something up and losing what i already have is outweighing the benefits--until i have a few days without a gig...Should be later this week....if its safe.

When I read about bugs I figure it's better to wait awhile. Does anyone have an opinion if I should continue to wait? Also, how much tweaking will my favorite patches from 9 take til they sound right? In other words, is there a big difference in gain structure etc?? It was noticeable when I went to 9. I eventually figured out a couple of basic tweaks that seemed to work for most of my patches.

I am really looking forward to the new cabs and imroved amps. I still haven't gotten into tone matching, or looping. There are so many possibilities with the Axe II!! Thanx and shout out to the Fractal Team for their continued great work!!!!

I backed up 9.02 while still in 9.02, went to 10.0, then went back to 9.02 and loaded 9.02 patches back in. No difference. Did it all with sysex librarian for Mac.

Hey guys. I'm excited to download 10.02. I'm still holding on to 9 as my fear of screwing something up and losing what i already have is outweighing the benefits--until i have a few days without a gig...Should be later this week....if its safe.

When I read about bugs I figure it's better to wait awhile. Does anyone have an opinion if I should continue to wait? Also, how much tweaking will my favorite patches from 9 take til they sound right? In other words, is there a big difference in gain structure etc?? It was noticeable when I went to 9. I eventually figured out a couple of basic tweaks that seemed to work for most of my patches.

I am really looking forward to the new cabs and imroved amps. I still haven't gotten into tone matching, or looping. There are so many possibilities with the Axe II!! Thanx and shout out to the Fractal Team for their continued great work!!!!

Played another gig tonight and the volume bugs are definitely there. It happened on almost all of my patches several times, sometimes the patches were blasting, sometimes normal. At one time I think I saw a wrong amp model recalled in a patch, went to normal after another recall.
I'm not using scenes but global amps and cabs...

Hey guys. I'm excited to download 10.02. I'm still holding on to 9...When I read about bugs I figure it's better to wait awhile. Does anyone have an opinion if I should continue to wait?
10.02 is working spotlessly for most, but there are a couple of quirks for a minority of users. It's definitely worth trying out, though. Much sweetness in the new firmware. If it doesn't work out for you, you can always roll back to 9, load in your old presets, and there you are.

Also, how much tweaking will my favorite patches from 9 take til they sound right?
That depends on your patches. To my ears, 10.x is the most radical tone shift for any firmware to date. You can safely expect to spend some time dialing in your old tones.

Upgraded to 10.02 from 10.0 and everything sounded muffled and harsh on the high end. None of the delays/verbs were working either. Did a system paramaters / global reset and everything sounds great. Loving the new amps!

Back
Top Bottom