Feedback Simulator

this patch will only work with a pedal, because for normal play, the pedal needs to be in the toe up position...effectively bypassing the pitch block and the compressor. when you hold a sustained note, you push the pedal slowly down and this mixes in the pitch and compressor to sustain the note and add harmonic content.

So, if you wanted to create a sustainer effect with no feedback, would you just use the compressor with the same settings and no pitch block added?

no idea. i tweaked it and made a new patch for v13. external 1 still controls the "feedback" level

this sounds good on lower notes with the pitch set to +19. sounds better on high notes if you set it to +7

Attachments

• Feedback Simulator v13.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 363
no idea. i tweaked it and made a new patch for v13. external 1 still controls the "feedback" level

this sounds good on lower notes with the pitch set to +19. sounds better on high notes if you set it to +7

This is ingenius!!!! Thanks so much for this.
I've applied the compressor and pitch blocks to my existing main preset and it is now certified Rock God material.

Mark

Just now tried this with the latest 17.04 f/w - brilliant!! Well done Simeon. I punched the pitch tracking up to 10 and added the +7 on voice 2 in the pitch block which seems to give the feedback a slightly more complex character. Very tasty!

Yes, Simeon's preset is a mainstay in my collection.
Also very cool to play it toe-down all the way.

mark's vid only shows the pitch settings. it doesn't show the compressor settings, or how the curves are adjusted where the foot pedal is linked to the various parameters

i haven't used it live. no need. :)

mark's vid only shows the pitch settings. it doesn't show the compressor settings, or how the curves are adjusted where the foot pedal is linked to the various parameters

Didn't notice that thanks for pointing that out.

Hmm... could this be automatically adjusted with pitch tracking?

This is ingenius!!!! Thanks so much for this.
I've applied the compressor and pitch blocks to my existing main preset and it is now certified Rock God material.
Mark
Hi @MarkDay
you
you've already made a similar block (I saved your Pitch block and occasionally use it)
Simeon has taken another step forward ? :eek:

just using pitch block, the result seemed good (only block-pitch Mark.)
what benefits there are now ? :):D:):D

I have to try it absolutely @simeon (3 versions)

P.S.
@simeon FW how did you produced the preset (Q6.xx)

Thank you so much Simeon & Mark Day (one of the most clever presets donated) :D:D:D

Last edited:
@simeon, You think that you can automate the pitch +19 "&" +7, according to Sound (severe+19 - acute+7) used?
The final feedback, a ring to unite them all :)

Excerpt from Lord of the Rings...... :D:p:D:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom